Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in patch 1.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you like to see in patch 1.2?

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnpoints fixed...

What about you?

Re: What would you like to see in patch 1.2?

Better weapon sounds and perhaps a lighter tone to all the gun models as at the moment they are all very bland and dirty.

I would like to see a few cases of weapon balancing but thankfully nothing too extreme (i still think the bolts are a bit underpowered).

Comment

A promod.

Yeah, yeah I know.

Comment

Definitely a spawn fix, playing HQ is a complete nightmare.

Comment

Spawn fix.
          Downloadable content fix.
          Friends filter fix.
          Co-Op Server list and joining fix.
          The following commands working:
          cg_fov
          cl_drawfps
          snd_losOcclussion
          snd_global_attenuation
          recorddemo

I dont know if the sound is going to be "fixed". What its doing now is what it was suppose to do. I'm just saying dont get your hopes up. If they make the above snd commands work, it will make it a bit louder on the environment but the gun sounds werent any louder when I tried it. Of course, I tweaked my sounds, so maybe thats why I am not complaining about it anymore

This is all I can think of off the top of my head and I would be a pretty happy spawn camper then

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Maybe fix the recoil/deviation for SMGs/LMGs/HMGs. The fact that someone can spray in my general direction through a wall and get headshots is just lame. Then you add in the drum magazines and some people just hold the trigger and spray in all directions while jumping around. That really shouldn't be as effective as it is now.
            Coupled with the weakness of bolt-action rifles, pretty much everyone is spraying.

Also, the co-op and multiplayer browsers. I'm not really going to elaborate as it has all been said before.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
              Also, the co-op and multiplayer browsers. I'm not really going to elaborate as it has all been said before.
              Forgot about that one Unnamed I added it to my list as well

Crunch

Comment

A huge GB Patch nearly re making some of the game would do imo. Last stand is an annoyance, people have nearly infinite life for a short period of time in it. Trees and other places have invisible walls due to bad texturing/level design. Get designing new maps, ive found myself bored already with these. Server admins/modders can do this but for the console tweak damages of weapons. Spawn points i cant advocate enough, i literally spawned next to two guys of the opposing team yesterday. Some changing of sounds/textures, although it could be modded.

Comment

The Mosin-Nagant fix without a scope. It a 1sec delay for bullet hits at 50m!
                  Spawn Points could be fixed too!

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                    Spawn fix.
                    Downloadable content fix.
                    Friends filter fix.
                    Co-Op Server list and joining fix.
                    The following commands working:
                    cg_fov
                    cl_drawfps
                    snd_losOcclussion
                    snd_global_attenuation
                    recorddemo
                    I'd add...

- coloured clan-tag fix
                    - turn off red enemy names by default
                    - fix red enemy names showing up through objects
                    - disable anti-lag
                    - add filter or data to Server Info tab showing what health & regen options a server is running
                    - fix bouncing betties going off early as you set them
                    - fix lag spikes/slowdowns in the Upheaval map
                    - fix hit detection issues when opponents are facing to the side

Comment

Those are good ones also Whiskey. They made anti-lag on for CoD4, is it an issue?

The rest of those I have seen as well. I havent had spikes/slowdowns in Upheaval either, but I will pay more attention and see next time.

Crunch

Comment

Yeah, they turned anti-lag on in one of the COD4 patches, and promptly had complaints from a lot of server admins and players. I hate anti-lag. It allows high-pingers to do some ridiculous things, often before you even see them (or almost instantly when you see them).

I played on a West Coast server last week, where I had a great ping (around 30), and for some reason a bunch of +170-250 ping players joined it over the course of a few maps. Soon, half of the server was complaining because you could barely hit these guys at point blank range with a Thompson even spraying 'n praying (no hit indicators)...but they could turn around and kill you with just a few shots. Going up the long back stairway on Castle, I saw a player who had a 250 ping suddenly come running down the stairs...before I could even put the crosshairs on him, I was dead (no, they weren't cheating, IMO).

After about 5 mins, basically most of the low-ping players got understandably fed up and left the game, then the high-ping players left, and the server died for the night.

Instead of trying to balance things out, it seems to have given high-ping players certain advantages. I'm not a fan. I think that when you artificially start messing with when shots hit from whom, you get problems. I understand the intent of trying to even things out, but I think everything should be equal, and you should get the experience that your ping dictates...ie. don't play on high-ping servers unless you can deal with the lag. If I can't hit a player because he's lagging, fine...but it should not be easier for him to hit me, either.

Comment

Yeah, it's a shame. High-pingers lagaport all over the place, being almost impossible to hit. On their screens, everyone else is moving normally. So they can run around knifing people without repercussions.

Comment

Deffinitly fix the coop and mp browser, and take out the tanks.

Comment

u guys seem to have covered all my gripes

Comment

Working...
                              X