Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in patch 1.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you like to see in patch 1.2?

I still like the idea of a "classic" mode that turns the game into essentially CoD1/2. Weapon selection according to nationality, no attachments (except snipers), no perks, no knife lunge, etc. IMO what old school should have been.

Comment

I don't think there is a lunge with knives right now. You have to be right up against someone in order to melee them unless you have a bayonet.
      As far as limiting weapons to nationality, why? That's like watching Titanic, we all know how it ends.
      And perks are a server level option. The host can choose to prohibit perks if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop
        Deffinitly fix the coop and mp browser, and take out the tanks.
        You can take the tanks out now. Admins just dont do it.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
          I don't think there is a lunge with knives right now. You have to be right up against someone in order to melee them unless you have a bayonet.
          As far as limiting weapons to nationality, why? That's like watching Titanic, we all know how it ends.
          And perks are a server level option. The host can choose to prohibit perks if they want.
          There is a lunge, some people dont notice it that much but you make up like a foot or so when you knife.

Why wouldent you limit weapons to nationality? I envisioned this game as a good COD Pacific warfare game with nationalized weapons, no go, gimmicky as all hell and just ripped off of cod4 to put out a product quick and appeal to cod2 and cod4 gamers.

Comment

Why limit weapons when the stats speak for themselves? No one questioned when the G3 series was used as unlockables in BF2. They are all good guns and they are used by different armies in the world. But no one cried, "arabs would never have a G36E!" They just played. So why does it happen for this game?
            If you want historical accuracy, this is not the game for you. The History Channel made a game a while back, I think. Or maybe it's still in development. Either way, go get that game if you want a reenactment. This game is something you'd expect to plop a quarter into at the arcade in the movie theater. It's more Spike Network than Discovery Channel.

Comment

That's why I said a separate game mode would be nice. Some people like it, some people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Silenthunter8
                Why wouldent you limit weapons to nationality?
                Because unless the weapon files are touched, it will serve to unbalance the game. In almost every previous WWII game, there have been issues (even if minor) with one side having better weapons. Like it or not, letting everyone access all weapons is more fair, if not historically accurate. The other issue is the ranking...it would take longer and be harder to do if you could only access half of the weapons at a time.

But I know what you're saying, and do somewhat agree that it would be nice to have. Even in COD4, I thought it would've been cooler if OpFor/Spetz could only have the AK's, Dragunov's, Skorpions, etc, and the US/UK forces having the "western" weapons.

One thing I miss is that when you have only certain weapons per side, you can often get an idea by the sound of them if an enemy is nearby, unless he has picked one up from the ground. I enjoyed that from previous games.

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                I still like the idea of a "classic" mode that turns the game into essentially CoD1/2. Weapon selection according to nationality, no attachments (except snipers), no perks, no knife lunge, etc. IMO what old school should have been.
                I have little doubt that we'll see this soon in a mod, once the http-redirect issues are sorted out. I agree that it'll be a lot of fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                  Because unless the weapon files are touched, it will serve to unbalance the game. In almost every previous WWII game, there have been issues (even if minor) with one side having better weapons. Like it or not, letting everyone access all weapons is more fair, if not historically accurate. The other issue is the ranking...it would take longer and be harder to do if you could only access half of the weapons at a time.
                  That's what I was getting at. In a lot of games, they either homogenize the weapons to make it fair, or one side rapes the other with a sandpaper condom.

Comment

The knifing is deffo better than cod4, people are actually missing now rather than the aimbot in cod4 lunging you 10 miles so you hit. But i wish you had to actually select the knife as a third weapon, as i still think its too easy.

Comment

Tree Climbing and slightly destructible environments(thins walls) as promised before the release.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY= Speckled
                        The knifing is deffo better than cod4, people are actually missing now rather than the aimbot in cod4 lunging you 10 miles so you hit. But i wish you had to actually select the knife as a third weapon, as i still think its too easy.
                        Yea i would prefer this myself, i hate the fact you can drop a heavy machine gun in seconds whip out your knife and have the heavy machine gun back in your hands ready to fire in seconds.

Maybe they should have made the quick knife a perk 1 thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                          I'd add...

- coloured clan-tag fix
                          - turn off red enemy names by default
                          - fix red enemy names showing up through objects
                          - disable anti-lag
                          - add filter or data to Server Info tab showing what health & regen options a server is running
                          - fix bouncing betties going off early as you set them
                          - fix lag spikes/slowdowns in the Upheaval map
                          - fix hit detection issues when opponents are facing to the side
                          And of course fixing the mod redirect as mentioned is a massive problem needing fixed. There has been zero explanation how to redirect mods - and right now no one in the mod community is going to release their mods till this is fixed - even though there are mods already ready out there!

Comment

Fix the screenshot Only 12 screenshot is sad:cry:

Thx!!! Oh and the Spawn point!! And wheni call a uav and i still walk they stop walk and freeze for like 5sec:thumbsup:
                            thx

Comment

On the nationality issue, some of these people just need to grow a pair and live with not being able to use their dear PTRS unless being Russian (only included to stack up to the .50 from the previous game, another highly unrealistic weapon to fire unless prone and being held down by your peers). And about ranking, dont include it, same with perks, take em out. Im looking @ COD2 and seeing how long it was a fine and dandy game, with limited weapons. People even kept playing it weather there computers could run cod4 or not, some didnt like cod4 due to ranks perks ect, others just liked cod2 better. And keep in mind cod4 is entirely different, the "OpFor" Weapons are highly reliable and our soldiers may even pick them up from time to time, as will op for stock pile stolen weapons from us.

They need to figure out weapon penetration ASAP. If i cant shoot someone through some sheet metal with my PPSH (Same round mind you as the tt33), but someone can cap me with there pistol, nuh uh.

They also need to take some time and learn level design, seriously. I know KIDS who could do better. Invisible walls litter maps, along with glitches that are still being exploited to this minute.

Comment

*fix the spawn points
                                *add the Record feature
                                *fix all the known glitches and so forth in the game that have been named over and over in many forums.
                                *fix lag spikes/slowdowns
                                *fix hit detection issues

many more issues need to be fixed soon....

Comment

Working...
                                X