This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'tactical realism' servers rofl

theres a couple of these servers where you have to use your sights all the time or else you get kicked or something it seems a tad rediculous seeing that most people that make these servers probably havent even gone out paintballing let alone been in a real shootout or even shot real guns. Also didnt they release some kind of mod tools a while back? If they want servers like that couldnt the server owner mod the server so that firing from the hip produces massive innaccuracy so you are basically fOrced to use your sights? i mean i like to use my sights but still.

Re: 'tactical realism' servers rofl

just promotes camping imo

Comment

Originally posted by jackal22
      just promotes camping imo
      :nod:

if you can't unscope, there's no point in moving around much.

Comment

I dunno I think I'd rather play America's Army for an experience like that. CoD4 isn't the greatest for "extreme realism". You can still be tactical in CoD4 without the extreme realism of iron sights only.

Comment

Originally posted by jake___ View Post

if you can't unscope, there's no point in moving around much.
          I actually played in one of these servers a few days ago, horrible experience. I was warned for not using my ironsights right after I was killed by last stand (ironic). I tried to play another game only to lose that game due to having to bring my ironsights on a players on the flag 5 feet from me! Really slows down the game and yes it is a campfest, complete joke IMHO!

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

tdm, headquarters and domination are all basically the same kind of fighting. the only one that is really different is snd which im not terribly into because it seems that its more about understanding good spots to be in and knowing when the enemy is able to reach a certain location i WILL play snd with small populations of 8 total but large snd is kind of annoying especially if you get sniped or something stupid right in the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Silenthunter8 View Post
                    Its meant to slow the game down so its not walk around a corner and get torn up by a noob tube and 2 jokers spraying you like out of some movie, but by no means do you HAVE to stop and camp (btw its not a nooby thing to do as long as the whole server isnt doing it, look @ the modern military especialy snipers who get the most crap for it). And btw, try to get a good long range kill in RL with your gun at your hip scarface style...
                    so what exactly would happen if you went around a corner in TR? You'd get shot?

camping only being nooby if the whole server is doing it? this makes no sense i think the word you were looking for was 'annoying''?

if you want more realism in terms of shooting mechanics play bf2142, in most cases firing pretty much any weapon you need to be stationary and sighted in to accurately hit and kill targets.hip shooting is simply the way it is in this game. most of the time people use thier sights anyways and then its also harder to tell in this game if someone is actually sighted in or not because there is such a small difference.

Comment

SnD is a lot about knowing good places to hide and knowing the ins and outs of every map... but it's even more about outsmarting your enemies, tactics and teamwork. In a game like CoD4 where people have little health even in regular mode and every gun can kill you in half a second, some sort of tactics is a must for me to enjoy it. Hardcore or "tactical" servers is the wrong way to go.

I enjoy deathmatch a lot more in a game like Crysis or HL2DM where players have rather a lot of health and you don't die as soon as you peek around the corner. Aim also is a larger factor in those games since spraying is fairly effective in CoD4.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
                        I enjoy deathmatch a lot more in a game like Crysis or HL2DM where players have rather a lot of health and you don't die as soon as you peek around the corner. Aim also is a larger factor in those games since spraying is fairly effective in CoD4.
                        well said

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
                          Don't play TDM.

Ding! Ain't I smart.
                          Thats why SnD is used, but theres still a fair population that comes in and runs around with chickens with their head cut off. Thats where realism rules come into play to cut that out and further slow it down so tactics could actually be used, be it camping or w/e else.

And onto fields responses:

"so what exactly would happen if you went around a corner in TR? You'd get shot? "

Um no really? Or am i not getting this question. Im just saying in the case of other matches, not being dictated by rules, you could be running out of your spawn to meet a noob tube, or better yet a few more feet down the street a mob of people all toting around .50 cals and Golden Desert Eagles, when they should be watching the bombsites (be this SnD the leading played gametype). I can pull out plenty of examples probably, i just didnt fully explain my thoughts the 1st time around.

"camping only being nooby if the whole server is doing it? this makes no sense i think the word you were looking for was 'annoying''?"

It does make sense but i again didnt explain myself. Say your attacking and your whole team elects to sit in spawn thinking "Oh dis will be funneh guyz", that is truly a "nooby" occurrence, aswell as annoying. I just meant to point out that people always say "WOW DOOD HES CAMPING WUT A n00b WOW GET SOME SK1LLZ". No its not nooby if utilized correctly, and it is utilized by hunters and military men daily, especially snipers. Unless you look at it from the definition when its utterly ridiculous and its a guy standing in a door with a shotgun, that just doesnt work.

And about using 2142, i'd rather use a game that actually has a realistic premise to it, or something historically correct, and a word out to those who say hip firing, its really firing from the shoulder un sited if you use it in the games context, but operates as if firing from hip in realism.

Comment

"

Um no really? Or am i not getting this question. Im just saying in the case of other matches, not being dictated by rules, you could be running out of your spawn to meet a noob tube, or better yet a few more feet down the street a mob of people all toting around .50 cals and Golden Desert Eagles, when they should be watching the bombsites (be this SnD the leading played gametype). I can pull out plenty of examples probably, i just didnt fully explain my thoughts the 1st time around..
                            the thing is you are going to die either way if you are in a position where you make a mistake and show your face in the wrong area. you know this. it doesnt matter how the enemy is shooting at you. this is what i dont get. i actually do like to use my sights and would prefer that hip firing and firing while moving was less useful but still sights or no sights the same thing is going to happen in the end.

"It does make sense but i again didnt explain myself. Say your attacking and your whole team elects to sit in spawn thinking "Oh dis will be funneh guyz", that is truly a "nooby" occurrence, aswell as annoying. I just meant to point out that people always say "WOW DOOD HES CAMPING WUT A n00b WOW GET SOME SK1LLZ". No its not nooby if utilized correctly, and it is utilized by hunters and military men daily, especially snipers. Unless you look at it from the definition when its utterly ridiculous and its a guy standing in a door with a shotgun, that just doesnt work..
                            i kind of agree but then in reality where can you actually draw the line between ''nooby" and "correctly implemented"? if you kill the enemy and win does it matter? im not saying that winning is absolutely everything but then if you think about it our military ''plays to win'' and wouldnt consider something ''noob'' if it were to help them win a conflict and minimize losses.

personally instead of playing on servers where there are these grey-zone rules in effect i would like to see mods of the game released that kind of fOrce the player to play a certain way instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Field

personally instead of playing on servers where there are these grey-zone rules in effect i would like to see mods of the game released that kind of fOrce the player to play a certain way instead.
                              I concur

Comment

Working...
                              X