xbox controller support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox controller support

Yes i did a search for this, yes i kno there is Xpadder and yes i kno there is pinnical, but why the would the game say it supports Xbox 360 controller yet it does not?

alot of my friends are xbox users and id be nice for every1 to be able to play. Anyone know of patches or any information released on why it says it does have xbox 360 controller support but does not?

Re: xbox controller support

Speculating doesn't help much. Maybe it only supports the specific Xbox controller for PC...any way you look at it, using a 3rd party peripheral on PC usually requires some sort of software to be installed.

At any rate, use this (free download): http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_switchblade/ and problems will be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
      Speculating doesn't help much. Maybe it only supports the specific Xbox controller for PC...any way you look at it, using a 3rd party peripheral on PC usually requires some sort of software to be installed.

At any rate, use this (free download): http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_switchblade/ and problems will be solved.
      ?? there is only 1 xbox 360 controller works in PC and for the console, with USB connector. I have the drivers for the controller and it works perfect on games that SUPPORT the xbox 360 controller, you go into control options and check the box that saiz "use xbox 360 controller" but WAW does not have this option. Witch leads us back to my question

why would the game say it supports the controller yet does not.

Comment

Originally posted by ShookonesRR View Post
        ?? there is only 1 xbox 360 controller works in PC and for the console, with USB connector. I have the drivers for the controller and it works perfect on games that SUPPORT the xbox 360 controller, you go into control options and check the box that saiz "use xbox 360 controller" but WAW does not have this option. Witch leads us back to my question

why would the game say it supports the controller yet does not.
        Where does the game say it supports a 360 controller? Mine doesn't say it anywhere on the box nor in the software. On the support site it says that it DOES NOT support gamepad use.
        Why would you even try? Since the PC version doesn't have the cheating aim assist you would have trouble competing with mouse/keyboard players anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
          Where does the game say it supports a 360 controller? Mine doesn't say it anywhere on the box nor in the software. On the support site it says that it DOES NOT support gamepad use.
          Why would you even try? Since the PC version doesn't have the cheating aim assist you would have trouble competing with mouse/keyboard players anyway.
          well i bought the game online i dont have the box but ive heard from many ppl it was supposed to support the controller and that its written on the box. The controller isent for me i just have a lot of xbox friends that think they can hang wit me... i would love to be able to prove them wrong.

Comment

So it's that mysterious "they" again, huh? I want to kick the **** out of every soldier who says that.
            "They told me it's an authorized part of the uniform."
            "I told them where I was going/that I was going to be late."

Names or video/photographic proof or it didn't happen.

And where did you buy it online? Have you seen ANYTHING remotely official that said this game spat in the face of the other COD games and included gamepad support? Or were you relying on the mysterious "they" to steer you in the right direction?

Comment

lol wat is ur deal bro, i asked a question if u dont have an answer then **** off..

Comment

Just a quick question, but why would you choose the 360 over pc?

Comment

Where does the game say it supports a 360 controller? Mine doesn't say it anywhere on the box nor in the software.
                  Have you seen ANYTHING remotely official that said this game spat in the face of the other COD games and included gamepad support?
                  Perhaps you might want to apologise to the OP and drop the arrogance..

Oh and by the way. Page 4 of the manual (In the UK at least) confirms the game supports a 360 pad and gives further details.

Not that I care either way but it's always nice to see someone so sure of themselves get it sooooo wrong

Comment

Originally posted by .Griff. View Post
                    Oh and by the way. Page 4 of the manual (In the UK at least) confirms the game supports a 360 pad and gives further details.
                    North American version has neither the logo on the back of the box, nor does it seem to mention the 360 pad in the manual. That was probably an early version of the box art/manual that eventually got dropped, but someone forgot to switch it in the UK printed versions. Sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                      North American version has neither the logo on the back of the box, nor does it seem to mention the 360 pad in the manual. That was probably an early version of the box art/manual that eventually got dropped, but someone forgot to switch it in the UK printed versions. Sloppy.
                      Thank u Griff... and i was not saying it was 100% fact thats why i was asking.... Whiskey... maby next time if u dont have something positive to add to a thread then just keep ya mouth shut.

Originally posted by Nadokings View Post
                      Just a quick question, but why would you choose the 360 over pc?
                      Take the 2 secondz to read the thread it will answer ur question.

So Griff even tho it says it supports the 360 controller in a few locations it still does not?? I brought this up in here because ive read in a few diff forums that kids have bought this game only b.c it supported the controller then to find out it does not lol thats kind of a big oopps..

Comment

Originally posted by ShookonesRR View Post
                        Whiskey... maby next time if u dont have something positive to add to a thread then just keep ya mouth shut.
                        Huh? I tried to help you right from the start, you little nitwit, and I've helped more people here and on other forums than you can probably count.

Instead of starting by asking a polite question, you came in here with a whiny tone and no evidence to back up your claim, just a "I heard from a friend" comment, which we've seen over and over again from others who have made ridiculous claims, so you automatically drew less credibility.

Check yourself first next time before you berate anyone here. You won't get any help from me again if you have another question down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                          Huh? I tried to help you right from the start, you little nitwit, and I've helped more people here and on other forums than you can probably count.

Instead of starting by asking a polite question, you came in here with a whiny tone and no evidence to back up your claim, just a "I heard from a friend" comment, which we've seen over and over again from others who have made ridiculous claims, so you automatically drew less credibility.

Check yourself first next time before you berate anyone here. You won't get any help from me again if you have another question down the road.
                          lol good thing to huh..
                          I guess the whole picture proof dident make u feel as stupid as it should have.

Comment

The real versions don't have it on there, and it's on the http://www.callofduty.com site in multiple places along with the Activision support page. http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

But okay, your grainy picture is WAY more official than the official support site and the game boxes we hold in our hands.
                            I guess the fact that you were pulled out of the womb with a coat hanger made you just as stupid as it should have.
                            It's sad, I actually wish this game supported gamepads so there would be even more easy targets running around spraying helplessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                              The real versions don't have it on there, and it's on the http://www.callofduty.com site in multiple places along with the Activision support page. http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

But okay, your grainy picture is WAY more official than the official support site and the game boxes we hold in our hands.
                              I guess the fact that you were pulled out of the womb with a coat hanger made you just as stupid as it should have.
                              It's sad, I actually wish this game supported gamepads so there would be even more easy targets running around spraying helplessly.
                              LOL why are u getting all butt hurt about this, ya sound like clown brotha LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X