Medal of Honor Comes With Battlefield 3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor Comes With Battlefield 3 Beta

Electronic Arts has announced that the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor will come with an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. That comes on top of the weapons, ammo and camoflauge that the Limited Edition already offers. The offer is contingent on the beta coming within 12 months of the release of Medal of Honor. As that game launches on October 12 in North America, you can expect the beta to take place sometime in 2011.

This also comes as the first official announcement of Battlefield 3, which was previously only confirmed to be in development during financial talks. Battlefield 3 will apparently come to Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3. Xbox Live Gold membership will be required for access to the Battlefield 3 beta on Xbox 360.

The other Limited Edition pack-ins include the MP-7 and two special shotguns. The PS3 version will include the full game Medal of Honor Frontline, remastered in HD. All Limited Edition versions are listed at a price of $59.99 in the US, suggesting that EA is following a plan similar to what it did for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 where all new copies bought at or near launch included the bonus content.
    Source

Sadly, it looks like BF3 will be another game hobbled by the limitations of ancient console tech and ported to the PC. :hmm:

It also looks to me like EA knows that MoH isn't on track to have strong sales, and they're pulling out all the stops to get people to buy.

$60 price tag for a game that, based on the beta, I'm not going to like... Not tempted all that much. And we've seen how EA/DICE have been dealing with Betas lately, so I don't think I'll be missing much.

(Yeah, I posted this in a couple of areas. I thought the official confirmation that BF3 is coming out, and is multiplatform, was pretty big news.)

Re: Medal of Honor Comes With Battlefield 3 Beta

I am sad now

unless its something like BF2 Modern Combat, then my hopes have been somewhat dashed

I hoped that Bad Company would remain the console version and accepted this would be the watered down Battlefield formula, I enjoyed it for what it was, but in no way should BF3 be like that

oh well, I can still hope that Dice haven't completely ****ed this up and it turns out to be awesome

and then they will let Demize balance it

OH GOD

Comment

BFBC2 even with its flaws is a very good PC title (superior to its console counterparts at least). I doubt DICE actually wanted to make the multiplayer for MOH, it more and more seems like something EA forced them to do.

They have an engine that works good on both consoles and PC, it would be stupid on their part not to make BF3 multiplatform.

Then again, we have no idea what the gameplay is going to be. For all we know it might as well be Battlefield Heroes 2.

Comment

OMG this is the best news I have heard all day.

Comment

Why does it feel like all hopes have gone down after reading this from IGN....and not just that, but from an XBOX 360 page.

Comment

Originally posted by Highrisk
            Why does it feel like all hopes have gone down after reading this from IGN....and not just that, but from an XBOX 360 page.
            Yeah, Battlefield is an Xbox franchise now. Considering the average player seems to think Bad Company was the first Battlefield title...

Comment

I have a terrible feeling that EA/DICE nixed all of their "BF3 will be developed for the PC" when all the leaks happened last year.

Comment

Maybe they should simply turn this into Bad Company 3 or Battlefield 3 Modern Combat - not quite sure why they should put a "true" Battlefield game (like Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 3) on consoles. I think they'll be forced to make compromises which will hurt the brand name. I enjoyed playing BFBC on my PS3 but I was really, really hoping for a one-of-a-kind PC-exclusive BF3 that could have pushed the limits - now it will probably just be one among many, competing with BFBC, MoH, CoD....

Hmm...rather scary that I get more upset about this than global climate changes, starvation etc...but I have been waiting for any kind of news about BF3 for a looong time...

Comment

I'm going to sit in my chair tonight after I get home from work, pretend it's June 25, 2005, load up some Battlefield 2, and play the game that would end up being the last of the true Battlefield games.

And cry. :cry:

But hey, you never know, this could just end up being the most kickass game ever. We don't even know what era it's going to be set in yet, do we? Maybe it'll have huge 64-player maps, fixed-wing aircraft, airfields, ships, tanks...the works. Of course today's technology kind of limits what they can do so that might be a bit too much for a modern system to handle.

As opposed to, say, 2002 when BF1942 came out. o wate.

See...I blame all the damn IO junkies for this. All of them wanting stat wh0ring, small cluster**** maps with no vehicles, and their 24/7 Karkand Jalalabad servers. They said, 'Hey DICE...want to make sure your next games sell like hotcakes? Make all of them like this!!!' and here we are. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but you've got to admit there's a thread to be followed there.

Comment

Okay, cool. Now it's official, Battlefield franchise is dead.
                    Time to move on for me.

Edit: Now after a bit of thinking it really makes want to cry. All those YEARS of false hope.... are over, at last. It's end of an era... Well, at least I still have all the friends I made through BF1942 - BF2 and also a lot of great memories. I still admire those guys who made BF1942, vietnam, 2 and 2142. I am pretty sure they felt similarly when EA ordered Dice to go multiplatform with BF franchise and thus ruin it. I am pretty sure I will never forget the original BF series. It just cant be forgotten.

Comment

<grouphug>

Comment

If BF3 is not PC only, the PC community will kill you. As you are already killing yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                          If BF3 is not PC only, the PC community will kill you. As you are already killing yourselves.
                          The "IF" is out of the game now. It's officially confirmed by DICE and EA.

Comment

lazy programmers! Stupid PR nub marketing...

no clue.

Provide a tool your user can create maps

Communities look after themselves, 2011 another big hitter.

Or epic it up like 1942, official windmill map was top draw (keep size'ish - up player count).

online smooth over wow pretty

quick Quake\UT?

going ut bb

Comment

gimpy Team Fortress
                              nhracing Track Mania
                              many others...

no nubs on this ProJect..? EA ****ing pissing nubs..

Need help lol?

Project.

Help: [magic tester - crew] - best in the industry

Lead pusher, tech.

QA. harsh [Release]

bf2.n00bit@thegame.com

Comment

Working...
                              X