X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let Everyone Know; I am a "Hack"

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Yes, the grey area is defintely there for many things. Granted, we all know aimbots, wall hacks and such are illegal. The way I somewhat determine what is 'legal' as far as tweaks go, is what the competitive gaming leagues of the community allow. Usually CAL, TWL, and other leagues allow certain things and others are off the list. The leagues generally agree about what you can and can't do. I know when I was in CAL before, they allowed the editing of your config through the console for things such as maxpackets, snaps, and those small things. They give you a little better server registration, sometimes better fps.

This type of thing with the weapons, though we almost all agree was wrong, doesn't exactly affect competitive play, only pub play. But for some, they never play competitively and they'd like to play a fair game in public for sure. I see your point. Online gameplay for any game is nuts as with server customization and such, no server is alike as it is, but we'd still all like an even playing field, well, minus skills as some people never move beyond nubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      IMO, most of it is fine...but the one thing I have a problem with (and this is more IW/Treyarch's fault for allowing it), is that when you turn off enough of those visual options, some objects in the game will disappear and you can see people hiding behind them (eg. bales of hay in Overgrown in COD4).

Turning off decals and bullet holes is one thing, or making textures more crappy to save fps, but actually having large-ish objects disappear/become transparent is just dumb. I know some people using the yitch config know about this, but I'm sure others are just using it because they found the link, and have no idea of that advantage they're getting.

Again, I put this one on IW for allowing it in the engine, and Treyarch for not fixing it/locking it out.
      Yeah, that is what I was referring to. Now, I have never seen it in action, but people who have used it flaunted that "objects disappear at a distance and you can see people hide behind them". I thought that was a bit iffy but people say that config helped them go from like 80FPS to a constant 250FPS.

Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
      I know you may have felt 'shafted' about your day 1 advantage, but tell me this, is it right then to steal other weapons b/c you didn't get your one? You know the rebate the govt sent out to people? I was supposed to get $600, but b/c of a minor technicality, they disqualified me when I should have gotten it. Does that give me the right then to go steal $6500 from a bank or not pay my taxes this coming year?

Also, nobody forced Patton to make this post. Why do you think he made it? I believe, in his gut, he knew that what he was doing was wrong and it got to him. He didn't want to do being doing something bad, so he made this post in hopes that his actions would be justified and people would say, "Nah, you're fine man." And then he could let his guilt slip away.

No hard feelings btw Patton.
      This thread was made just to get the general consensus from the public, exactly. With that being said, I am at Level 42 now with my newest account and enjoying the game much more. Prestige 10 was just silly and I doubt anybody will see a legit Prestige 10 for quite some more months.

And yes, I feel you are entitled to go rob a bank of some money due to that situation .. j/k, sadly.

No hard feelings taken. :salute:

Originally posted by RangerXML
      Patton should have said a thing, then peoples high morals wouldn't have come into question. Patton submitting to the pressure and naming people he played with was also low brow on his part. I think if you don't have the balls to finish a fight you shouldn't start one. This brings a lot of aspects of the game and of the individual into question. I'm a firm believe in that anything that you have that gives you an edge, be it more expensive hardware or config tweaks, is an unfair advantage, not the excuse just because you can. That being said and how this has been possible since the good old days of Unreal and Q3A, there is nothing that I can do about it. Hacking to unlock rank and weapons on the other hand, doesn't give them that uber edge, but it does take away from the replayability of the game since the player doesn't have a reason to play those 25-50 hours to unlock everything and can get quickly bored. You see where I'm going here that this crap isn't about unfair advantages, but rather money. Now if the company were to say give you something back, like say STAT SERVERS so I don't have to **** around with my computer or download spyware to bw able to get my stats on another computer or put inplace some kind of system that it won't wipe my stats if I BSOD, like say back ups. Then I would feel worst about hacking stats...maybe.
      Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
      Yes, others noticed he named other people, you said you read through the thread twice, others pointed that out.

Also, I don't believe the silly little names were necessary, but apparently you were in /rant mode. Technically not cuss words, so thank you for following those rules. Were you one of the people he named or something?
      The names are there for a reason. All of them (Besides one), are in my clan and this clan I founded back in May of 2000 and ran it since.

The first thread was meant really for the eyes of BFE Players (Since all my clanmates participate in BFE) and at the time I wrote it, I didn't have any thought of posting it in the general discussion on the TotalCOD forum.

However, I knew that some BFE players wouldn't be able to go half of a page before getting completely immature, and I was right and with that, I had copy pasted it in here without editing it. I could've edited it, and really should've edited to fit the situation here instead of BFE, but at the time I didn't see a problem.

I am happy to say a few of us decided to start over again, and I am still working on the others. They are hell bent on leaving it because they just go to like 2 different servers, so if they do decide to keep it, oh well. I did the right thing, and that's all there is to that.

Feel free to continue the discussion further or just lock it, doesn't matter to me. I feel so far, we are still in a rather professional demeanor so :thumbsup:

------------

I shall ask another question pertaining to "Right and Wrong"..
      PowerLevel Servers were brought to my attention last night by a friend on XFIRE. These servers you can get like 4000XP in 20 minutes, would anyone consider that cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by [75AR]Po3.Patton[FM]
        I shall ask another question pertaining to "Right and Wrong"..
        PowerLevel Servers were brought to my attention last night by a friend on XFIRE. These servers you can get like 4000XP in 20 minutes, would anyone consider that cheating?
        Yes???

Comment

No, thats teamwork. Kinda like two medics working together in BF2142

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thank you for that post Patton, I believe it was needed. :thumbsup: :salute:

Yeah...I wondered about the idea of 'powerservers' when I read about them in the other thread here on how to rank up faster. It's basically stat padding. Most people would not consider that cheating per say, but lame as hell, lol. People seem to do this with all games that have ranks. Why? Why do people get so obsessive about a number beside your name... Granted, the weapons get unlocked etc, but it should be a fun process, not something that ruins the game. Some people practically stopped playing CoD4 when they had unlocked everything and gotten their rank. They asked, "What do I do now?" In this fourm, we told them, "Now you play the game." lol

Comment

id say stat padding is cheating, same as BF you get caught u get banned.

Comment

4000xp in 20minutes?
                tbh 20mins of headquarters can get you more than that if you play and teamwork well.

I see any type of file editing/twisting/fiddeling that isnt within Activision limits as cheating/hacking, although some have said the weapons will be unlocked sooner or later, it does give you an advantage, especially when people have paid money to get a one day advantage with weapons and perks, they must feel very cheated through this

Originally posted by [75AR]Po3.Patton[FM]

However, I knew that some BFE players wouldn't be able to go half of a page before getting completely immature, and I was right and with that, I had copy pasted it in here without editing it. I could've edited it, and really should've edited to fit the situation here instead of BFE, but at the time I didn't see a problem.
                and that post isnt a childish thing to say about BFE? :/

Comment

LOL, Shipment ring any bells? That was a stat padders paradise.

Comment

I never really understood stat-padding. Not that I don't understand the concept, I do. I don't get the attraction. It seems to me like ranks and such should be neat little gifts to get in the course of playing the game, not the reason for the game itself. Turning a game into an unpaid job just seems counterintuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by [8CR]Mar.Lf-final[FM]
                      and that post isnt a childish thing to say about BFE? :/
                      We don't need to bring BFE into this more than I already stated. The first 3-4 posts were complete spam and immature, and got deleted because of it. That's that..no arguing or defending that claim. If you haven't seen that thread, feel free to go look in the Rubbish Bin on the forums.

Have we seen anything like that in this thread? No, not at all and that is why I posted it here. Just about every person on the TotalCOD forum seems to have a sense of professionalism in all of their posts, while many in BFE can hold that same standard, some cannot and there is no doubting that.

Regarding the XP, These PowerLevel servers are TDM but instead of 10xp a kill, you get 50xp a kill. From what I have seen, you will start seeing Prestige 10's without the hack, but because they play in those servers lol. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
                        I never really understood stat-padding. Not that I don't understand the concept, I do. I don't get the attraction. It seems to me like ranks and such should be neat little gifts to get in the course of playing the game, not the reason for the game itself. Turning a game into an unpaid job just seems counter intuitive.
                        ^^^Exactly :nod:

Comment

LOL, 2 days on Shipment and you'd be a 5 Star. No more unpaid work, just the pay off and if you wanted a particular weapons unlocks, just sit at a spawn for a few minutes. This time there is no Shipment map, thus people actually have to suffer. I'll probably take this game somewhat serious after finals to get all my unlocks.

Comment

I glad to see a few others chimed in on this subject as I was beginning to think I might have been a little too harsh in my replies.

The point I was trying to make is that right & wrong don't always equal fair. I agree it's not fair that folks can spend extra money or purchase their game from a specific retailer to gain an advantage, however that being said, those of us that did take advantage of these promotions did so within the bounds of the rules.

Originally posted by RangerXML
                            So paying for sanctioned advantages that you pay for and tweaking every element of the game to give you that higher frame rate is fair, while not paying for the extra unlocks isn't...hmmm. Mighty high morals that we have there friend. I'm judging you
                            On a personal note I was not judging you as a person, just your actions as they relate to this matter. Keep this in mind I don't think your necessarily a bad person for doing this. I think you know what you did was wrong and you conscience got the best of you and that in it self tells me your not a bad person you just made a mistake

Comment

lol, they determent a long time ago that morals was never a strong point for me:P

Right and wrong are subjective to the people making the rules. Morals don't really exist, its just a fancy word for code of conduct and an expression of empathy, neither of which are very well enforced in this game.

Comment

Powerlevel servers are similar to the "high-point" servers from BF2. They're simply a quick rank-up tool, but along with the "pros" there are serious "cons".

Yeah, you can get a lot of XP quickly, but by their very nature those servers often attract a lot of less-than-ethical players. Gameplay is often dominated by spawn camping/killing, just like those full Shipment servers from COD4, as well as badly unbalanced teams, and clans who let their own crew get away with murder but will look for any excuse to kick pub players.

You can get a lot of XP, but you'll have to put up with A LOT of garbage too gameplay-wise to get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X