No announcement yet.

The new BF newsletter P^$sed me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new BF newsletter P^$sed me off!

Originally posted by Shurikane
    I mean hey, take a look at Microsoft. Everyone hates Microsoft, apparently. But everyone buys Microsoft. Microsoft has generated a net income of nearly eighteen billion US dollars the spring-summer of this year. This is eighteen percent more than last year on the same period.

Surely those guys must be doing something right.
    I use Vista and will use Vista 1.1 aka 7 when it arrives. Realistically there is no other option when it comes to an OS. That's why they're are succesful - they have a monopoly.

That's the nature of the OS market.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
      I didn't hate micro$oft until i started having so many games incompatible with "$hista" Plus it's a big resource hog
      x2.

P*ssta FAILS. ESPECIALLY WHEN MODDING (which I used to do a lot, but now I have PR).

:wall: Vista

Comment

Vista does everything I need it to do. The UAC was annoying at first, but you get used to it. No matter what MS does people will b!tch about it. I think most people complain without even trying vista or they just don't know what they are doing. In that case, go waste your money on a mac. I will probably acquire windows 7 when it comes out as well.

another thread lost to ms vs. apple(I know, I brought it up!)... next we will be fighting over the voss again.

Comment

Yes, i'm a computer n00b that doesn't know how to click the install button on my games, it's due to that, that my Scarface game has messed up graphics, FEAR refuses to install and a bunch of other games that worked fine on my XP all of a sudden are crashing like crazy.

And a bunch of my favorite old programs aren't Vista compatible.

Plus me so n00by that when i first got Vista my iPod wouldn't play through my speakers and my mic didn't work because the geniuses at MS decided to Ship Vista with a hidden feature they like to call "Line in mute". I had to go into my registry to unmute my Line In.

UAC is annoying, that's why i disabled it. Vista=FAIL and MS even acknowledges it, that's why they are already beta testing Windows 7. Sorry for bitching about MS and wanting things to work properly.

Comment

Computers aren't difficult to use. You merely have to be smarter than the hardware you are using.

Comment

Ohhhhh, have I got some delicious news for you.

It seems that there's an alarming rate of people who can't even understand the most basic of principles about computers. See for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
                Computers aren't difficult to use. You merely have to be smarter than the hardware you are using.
                OK Bill Gates, fix my Scarface game. Obviously i are n00b and can't do it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
                  Ohhhhh, have I got some delicious news for you.

It seems that there's an alarming rate of people who can't even understand the most basic of principles about computers. See for yourself.
                  LOL I have read those before. Thanks for the laughs shuri!

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                    Yes, i'm a computer n00b that doesn't know how to click the install button on my games, it's due to that, that my Scarface game has messed up graphics, FEAR refuses to install and a bunch of other games that worked fine on my XP all of a sudden are crashing like crazy.

And a bunch of my favorite old programs aren't Vista compatible.

Plus me so n00by that when i first got Vista my iPod wouldn't play through my speakers and my mic didn't work because the geniuses at MS decided to Ship Vista with a hidden feature they like to call "Line in mute". I had to go into my registry to unmute my Line In.

UAC is annoying, that's why i disabled it. Vista=FAIL and MS even acknowledges it, that's why they are already beta testing Windows 7. Sorry for bitching about MS and wanting things to work properly.
                    That's odd, all those games work fine on my Vista 64 bit install.

Microsoft didn't manufacture your soundcard nor did they write the drivers.

UAC is annoying, but it's there for people just like you. Think of it as a childproof lid on a bottle of pills.

Windows 7 is right on schedule. Just because XP lasted 4 yrs longer than it should have, doesn't mean that Vista should too.

Comment

I'm running Vista 32 Bit and i don't have a sound card. Line in Shouldn't be muted.

Scareface doesn't Work in Vista. I've looked long and hard for a solution but no one has been able to get it working. The game is from 2006 and no patch has come out, to fix the issue.

Also, if you don't go into DOS, Vista will eat up your hard drive with Restore points. It ate up 70 Gigs before i found out WTF was going on. And i am no n00b when it comes to computers

Comment

Welcome to capitalist America.

Apparently you never took economics in highschool/college.

Originally posted by Quemical
                        I'm running Vista 32 Bit and i don't have a sound card. Line in Shouldn't be muted.

Scareface doesn't Work in Vista. I've looked long and hard for a solution but no one has been able to get it working. The game is from 2006 and no patch has come out, to fix the issue.

Also, if you don't go into DOS, Vista will eat up your hard drive with Restore points. It ate up 70 Gigs before i found out WTF was going on. And i am no n00b when it comes to computers
                        1) vista doesn't run on DOS....

2) Run in XP mode. If that doesn't work, partition your hard drive and install XP on one part.

3) right click your HDD (local disk) and click properties. Then click on disk cleanup. There will be an option to erase all but the latest restore point. Simplest way, I believe.

Problems solved?

Comment

I fixed the HD getting eaten away by restore points by using the command prompt, looked like DOS.

But as far as the incompatible games go, i may install XP on my machine and run dual Operating systems. I run Disk Cleaner often. I use several programs including CCleaner. I defrag my HD about twice a week, clean my registry and defrag it atleast once a month

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                            hahah 2142 spam is nothing!! have you ever even played bf2 where u get 5 nades that can be thrown almost 1 a second and when ressupply is instant, nade spam is 1 thing but in bf2 they invented a new ter a "nade storm", just imaging 64 players all hoofing 3-5 nades each at the same time (usually round start) now THAT is spam my friend, 2142 is nothing lol
                            [/rant]
                            first off its 4 nades not 5.

Pk rockets are more retarded than 4 nades, plus there is many other weapons to help retards on pub servers get a kill. (MM, sentry guns etc.). Its not that I get killed by these weapons a lot, so don't start trying to talking down to me saying I should avoid them or something, its that horrible players can kill people without having the slightest bit of skill.

Both have lots of spam. Bf2 pub play is at least not too bad. 2142 scrims are better if played in the right format.

Don't talk to me like I haven't played bf2 when I have played both at far higher levels than you.

Comment

lol chill out i wasn't talking down to you and i doubt you have played 2142 at a higher level than me mate what you think cos u played a couple of t1 games or a round of clanmod ur suddenly pro gtfo lol

as for the spam i don't see flags getting pounded by about 4 million pk rockets every time it goes neutral in 2142 i also don't see people bunnyhopping backwards shooting them at me in 2142, i also don't see people going prone behind cover and repeatedly pking chokes/spawns in 2142.

however i agree there are alot of skill less weapons in 2142 (how could u forget the saaw) but that is off topic who ever heard of sentry gun spam ? or a motion mine storm lol
                              such weapons were put in the game by the devs to enhance the "sci fi" futuristic feel of the game and it wouldn't be 2142 without them.

bah, what a nub, 2142 has as much spam as bf2? .... ludicrous i tell ya ....

Comment

Working...
                              X