Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CoDWAW is better than CoD4

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    All the different settings is almost a downside. Youll never know what you are logging into. I dont mind having weapons/perks/kill streaks altered, but to have a high level of changes to health and gun power is a bit much.

Or is that an option?
    Depends on how you look at it, I guess. On the upside, many of the silly arguments about "skill vs Hardcore" will be irrelevant if the HUD becomes the only difference.

As far as I know, we won't be able to mess with gun damage and still have a ranked server. Perks will be on/off, killstreaks on/off, etc, etc. Only the health system will be adjustable to a larger degree (and it actually looks like the same health options can be adjusted on SC servers as well).

And I'm guessing that the HC server filter from COD4 will return in the full version of COD:WW too. So if you have the HC filter, and can click on Server Info to see what their health settings are, then I think that will be enough to help people scout out a server before they join. And if not, worst case is that you join, don't like it, leave...come across one you do like, add it to your favs. At this point, it's just not feasible to have filters for all of the options - probably would just be messy as hell, too.

Big picture view - I think having all these options/choices is more good than bad. A lot of people complained that it was too easy to die in HC, or that health regen was a pain, etc...now, all that can be customized, and hopefully keep the community interested longer.

Comment

While similar, if people are seriously going to try and make the argument that this should be a mod, you've got to be kidding.

If it was a mod, it would be beyond total conversion, and that is getting into semi professional anyways. and lets start with the biggest change.

Co-op while still not in our hands in beta, is enough to warrant paying $60 IMO. I'd pay that for a mod to add that into COD4, and it's not cause I want to just play the single player through with friends, but since we can mod co-op maps, there will just be more and more. Plus a co-op map could easily become a non co-op maps easily meaning the value of making a map would cater to more uses.

Single player cod4 while decent wasn't my cup of tea, neither were the stock multi maps after a while, but the mod maps kept me playing.

The tanks are well balanced and I'm quite impressed with that, some bigger maps will help with that too. It's not quite BF2, but it's close in some respects, and it's nice to have a solid infantry game, with decent vehicles. Tribes, planetside, and BF2, all laked in the infantry to some level, bf2 perhaps being the worst, with ridiculous accuracy for some if not all guns at some point when you were shooting.

Roundhouse I just like, it's not huge, but again for a stock map it's actually quite big, and once you start using all the space and not just running the shortest route, things get interesting. The other two maps are decent enough especially the one on the beach, with a good team.

Guns haven't messed around with too much, I know how I play and what the guns generally are going to act like. I'll be using sub machine guns and rifles mostly, with some sniping, machine gunning thrown in for good measure, or helping round out a team. So far they work as expected for me, and I get killed by weapons in a reasonable fashion.

If there are as much people moding for this as there was COD4, and the level of quality is anywhere close I'm sold, actually speaking of which should get on that pre-order.

also they are throwing in the zombie mode, which I think will be better then old school mode was. as in I might actually try that were I never saw a old school mode server after the first few months of COD 4

Comment

Now that I've put some more time into CoD5, I'm liking it more.

I'm waiting for a good mod. I want to play "Rifles" a little slower and with fewer "arcade" qualities. That was great for CoD4, but in WW2 I want something different. No recticle, but only ironsights sounds like a start.

Comment

Im still not sure as to whether i will buy it. There are still a few things i will want to see adjusted and viewed:

- Whether the zombie mode is also on PC (playable in Co-op)
          - Whether various bugs and changes are made such as spawn points and the damage of bolt rifles and if it actually makes a difference.
          - I want to see how "large" the extensions to the maps are.

If all of those fit my liking then i will probably buy it.

Comment

Wouldn't say one is better then the other they are pretty much the same game, and it disappoints me. COD5 W@W could just be an expansion or mod for COD4 MW.

Comment

Working...
            X