CoDWAW is better than CoD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CoDWAW is better than CoD4

I think its strange how so many people have such mixed feelings about the game. Read in other forums and other posts and talking to my friends, this is what I have heard:

The bolts are not strong enough.
    The bolts are too powerful.
    The sounds are stupid.
    The sounds are awesome.
    This is a reskin of CoD4.
    This doesnt play like CoD4.
    The dogs are awesome.
    The dogs are ghey/overpowered.
    The trench gun is too weak, like the shotties on CoD4.
    The trench gun is too powerful.

IDK what to say to anyone. I think if you get complaints like this on both sides, it must be just right.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

im not sure about the bolt action rifles but the Browning Automatic Rifle is lethal, i love it, already unlocked it and the bipod in under 2 hours, it is very accurate for the first shot and if your are crouched/prone its very easy to control the jumpiness of it.

other than that i love it, i find it more fun than cod4 as there is less nade spam and the artillery isnt too bad.

the dogs on the other hand are annoying me, not because they are there or kill you in 1 hit, but you cant tell which side the dogs are.

the sounds are ok i like them.

going back to playing now

PS if its TL : DR its a good game

Comment

The more I play it the less I like it -.-

It's ok though - not a bad game - but it has taken CoD in the wrong direction I think. Not my cuppa tea.

Comment

The only major tweaking needed apart from bolts is the Arty, im yet to see it kill anyone at all. The dogs are good, they work more as a distraction than as a real weapon, if you follow them around people just try to shoot them and you can easily kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            I think its strange how so many people have such mixed feelings about the game. Read in other forums and other posts and talking to my friends, this is what I have heard:

The bolts are not strong enough.
            The bolts are too powerful.
            The sounds are stupid.
            The sounds are awesome.
            This is a reskin of CoD4.
            This doesnt play like CoD4.
            The dogs are awesome.
            The dogs are ghey/overpowered.
            The trench gun is too weak, like the shotties on CoD4.
            The trench gun is too powerful.

IDK what to say to anyone. I think if you get complaints like this on both sides, it must be just right.

Crunch
            I don't understand any, even theoretical, logic behind that statement.

As for the artillery, I (personally) think it's overpowered - It seems to rain down endlessly. If you get it in the right spot, you're guaranteed a good amount of kills, otherwise, you're out of luck.

Comment

I'm lukewarm on CoD5. It's left me feeling "meh"... I need to spend some more time in-game though.

Comment

Originally posted by David "Zuke" Z.

As for the artillery, I (personally) think it's overpowered - It seems to rain down endlessly. If you get it in the right spot, you're guaranteed a good amount of kills, otherwise, you're out of luck.
                I agree to an extent, i think they they should tone it down a bit (smaller more concentrated area).

Comment

Originally posted by David "Zuke" Z.
                  I know, but that is what I have seen in a number of diffferent forums and posts. Maybe its the same guy in different names on different forums being a goof. I dont think so, but people are strange.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think that we're going to see some very polarizing opinions on this game, as the differences between the fans of "fast/modern" games like COD4, and "slower/WWII" games like previous COD's voice their views.

Nothing at all wrong with that - I've seen people absolutely hate either game (or both, lol). Personally, I wouldn't mind some turnover...there are lots of people who played COD4 like it was UT/Quake/Halo, and that became irritating too. If some of them go away, and some old-school COD/MOH players return, then the mix will change, hopefully for the better. I'm glad that there are some significant differences between this and COD4 coming up.

Comment

for me its all about the coop mode. its gonna be awesome.

Comment

I've actually started to like the game better, as long as you stick to smg/semiauto/sniper it's moderately fun. The trenchgun is hard to use properly with recon planes going 24/7, and the bolt-action rifles are only really useful at long range on stationary targets due to their low damage. Might as well stick a scope on it then, and get more damage magically.

The thing that abolutely ruins it though is the god damn UAV's! (recon planes, whatever) You only need 3 kills in a row to get a uav so basically everybody knows where everyone are 90% of the time... devastating if you're trying to use any tactics at all, making the whole game a big spamfest just like CoD4...

In CoD4 I had a few fun S&D servers I was a regular on, basically the only reason I've played that game so much... I hope we get a well-populated promod or I won't enjoy it much.

And if possible, hardcore is even worse here.

Comment

Yeah, Patton was 1 shot killing me across Castle with his Thompson yesterday

(In HC of course)

Comment

To fast paced for a WWII game, to much like a console game, and plenty of in game problems that i will spare you the bore of me typing them all. I could stand COD4 on the PC, but WAW looks like its going to be a console only venture for me.

Comment

It's good to be cautious, but remember that this is only a Beta/demo, and is not as customizable as the full version will be on PC. I'm not just talking about custom servers, but there are so many dvars in this game that some experienced server admins are speculating that there will be more options to adjust in ranked servers as well.

If you absolutely hate it, then that's not likely to change. But for those who are on the fence about buying it, or think it's good-but-not-great, keep an eye out for user opinions in the week after full release to see if any of your concerns have been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                                I think that we're going to see some very polarizing opinions on this game, as the differences between the fans of "fast/modern" games like COD4, and "slower/WWII" games like previous COD's voice their views.

Nothing at all wrong with that - I've seen people absolutely hate either game (or both, lol). Personally, I wouldn't mind some turnover...there are lots of people who played COD4 like it was UT/Quake/Halo, and that became irritating too. If some of them go away, and some old-school COD/MOH players return, then the mix will change, hopefully for the better. I'm glad that there are some significant differences between this and COD4 coming up.
                                I think you hit the nail on the head with this post, I believe this is why peoples thoughts on the game are all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X