CoDWAW is better than CoD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoDWAW is better than CoD4

There i said it. Everything about this game is better.

Balancing
    Weapons
    Maps
    Vehicles
    Sounds

The game is so much more exciting and involving. The balancing is great, with tanks being fairly easy to take down, yet strong enough not to die in 5 seconds. The weapons all have strengths and weaknesses which is great.

I have enjoyed this game more in the few hours I have played it than all the time i spent on CoD4.

It simply is epic, so i applaud Treyarch. I'm off to pre-order!

Re: CoDWAW is better than CoD4

I have only played for about an hour in total and keep crashing, but of the times i have played i agree. Im not sure if its better rather than just fresh but it certainly has more of an adrenaline rush feeling than CoD4, and the bigger open spaces feel much better than the cramped gameplay of CoD4. Im not sure about sounds being better, i feel they all need their volume toned up a notch.

If it will stick only time will tell.

Comment

Balancing is OK except for rifles - it's ridiculous!

The game is good, I personally don't like the feel of it as much as CoD4 (sprinting and zooming is messed up) and I think the sounds are too weak - it may be "realistic" but it doesn't feel right at all.

Comment

I like how the sprint has been slowed down. It means you can sprint to get away from tanks, but you're still not flying around the map being untouchable.. It's a good change of pace. Not as 'slow' as cod2, but still a step in the right direction :]

Comment

Sprinting is good, but I think it needs to be fixed, seeing as you have to stop moving to stop sprinting (you can't just let go of shift like you should be able to). I don't understand why they would implement such a feature, but it's very awkward.

Also, if you are holding shift you cannot scope in. Why?

Comment

I really like it, the weapons are well balanced however the sounds on some of them are pretty annoying. Only thing killing it for me is how bad it plays on my pc :\

Comment

I hate it..Feels like a mod for cod4..everything is basically the same with different textures and sounds...no way am i spending money on something that should be free as a WWII mod for cod4...

/cancels preorder

Comment

Sigh, apart from its nothing like Cod4? im sick of the same old argument that just because its on the same engine it must be a mod or the same game. ********.

Comment

You're right, it isn't much like CoD4 - there's a few improvements, but there's also a lot of negative additions/features as well. We are all entitled to our own opinions - I respect yours, but I have some griefs with the game.

I'm not here to bash the game, I'm just voicing my concerns over gameplay/balancing/etc.

Comment

ithink its great but the sniping is awful

Comment

haven't tried to scope yet.

however, I played for 5 mins today, only got grenaded once in a full server... NOT COD4 NADE SPAM

but I just feel I enjoy it more in the hour(s) I've played it than the whole time I played cod4 :|

1000bullets a minute from one side of the map to another gets old quick

Comment

I thought I was the only one with the sprinting problem. The first couple minutes I played, I just kept running instead of pulling my gun up. :laugh:

I haven't had much time to play (2.5hrs probably last night), and so far it's pretty much what I expected. I'm not going to compare it to CoD4 until I get some more play time.

Comment

I like it a lot. Its funny because what I have been hearing from my clanmates and friends is, "Its not like CoD4, I dont like it." ITS NOT COD4!!!111!

I figured out the sound "issue". It seemed muffled to me and I couldnt tell where people were shooting from.

1. I found the settings for my soundcard and changed the Hz to 98 from 45.
                          2. They are using realistic sounds! The cracks and pops a bullet makes for real life! It took me a while to figure it out but when someone tried to snipe my head and missed, I heard the echo of the bullet.

A BF2 modder made a mod that showed the cracking sounds a bullet should make. There is also videos showing it. Here is one:

3:27 you here a round go off. Its just a pop then they open fire. 4:44 you hear more.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPemu2veUPM[/media]

Its like that in the game. It threw me off, but now that I understand it, I think its awesome!

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                            There i said it. Everything about this game is better.

Balancing
                            Weapons
                            Maps
                            Vehicles
                            Sounds

The game is so much more exciting and involving. The balancing is great, with tanks being fairly easy to take down, yet strong enough not to die in 5 seconds. The weapons all have strengths and weaknesses which is great.

I have enjoyed this game more in the few hours I have played it than all the time i spent on CoD4.

It simply is epic, so i applaud Treyarch. I'm off to pre-order!

Bah. It's a reskin of COD 4. I am overwhelmingly underwhelmed.

Comment

For those saying it's a reskin of CoD4, you need to spend more time in CoD4. I felt as though it would be a reskin, but it turned out much differently (in some +/- ways).

I think I would have enjoyed it more had it simply been a reskin of CoD4 with some minor tweaks... instead, I got game that (to me) still needs quite a bit of polishing, but is still quite fun and enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                              X