You gotta admit this is helpful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You gotta admit this is helpful

i like to get close. i die a lot, but i like it that way. plus i'd like to think someone with a defib is nearby but i usually go too far ahead and out of reach of most.

that said, i have recently taken up sniping. it's pretty fun when you're scoring easy headshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
      i like to get close. i die a lot, but i like it that way. plus i'd like to think someone with a defib is nearby but i usually go too far ahead and out of reach of most.
      Ditto. I like being rambo

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
        stealth is very important in any game. i almost always play as squad leader but i NEVER use any SL items and pretty much NEVer use beacons. Beacon pods are loud and big and eye catching, otus and accipiter give away your position. but if i kill someone using an otus i blow the thing up with predjudice.
        That argument is good, but only on Conquest. In Titan, beacons can easily contribute to you winning the round. On a populated server (say 50 or more), pick the middle silo and defend it until the shield is down. Place your beacon in some not-very-easily accessible place, on top of something. Then defend it. Your team can keep the silo for the whole round using this technique if you have a full squad, and you will almost always knock the enemy's shield down first. Every other squad merrily zips between silos to start off, but encounters resistance at yours.

Then when the shields are down, pod up to the circular towers over the Titan and drop a beacon. It is almost impossible to remove and provides endless help for the corridor attacks. You can make it even more difficult by dropping an ammo or medic hub on top, then the enemy who happens to pod up can't even shoot it.

DD.

Comment

pod is ONLY useful on titans as it is indestructable (unless podded) but even then it is prone to gunship rape, i agree with shaz about the otus, the batch updating of the hud confuses me and i usually end up dead from it. as for the accipiter... anyone who knows me knows i love that thing (1st in the uk 16th in the world and 0 deaths to it ) accipiter + zeller is a winning combo by any stretch of imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
            as for the accipiter... anyone who knows me knows i love that thing (1st in the uk 16th in the world and 0 deaths to it ) accipiter + zeller is a winning combo by any stretch of imagination.
            It might just be me, but whenever I play, people don't seem to "understand" what the accipiter is. I took out an SL who was using one, and then the accipiter killed 3 squad members who were standing next to it wondering why it was shooting them.

Seriously wtf :|

Comment

haha yeh most people think it works liek a sentry gun but they are WROOOOOOOOOOONG
              but im not going to share my knowledge because the less people use it the better imo cos when i do finally get a death to one i am going to cry....alot....for days on end.... whilst in a constant facepalm ...in a corner

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                i use beacons because i don't want to walk/run 5 minutes to get to the frontline at times. i will try hard to hide it well though, i usually toss it up on top of objects above me. i will also plant one deep in enemy territory if i somehow penetrate it. i don't do it for my squadmates, i just do it for my convenience really. i'll sometimes put it on a uncap like the boats on cerebere and enjoy slaughtering the PAC.
                :nod:

I will sometimes place a beacon in a safe location nearby a point that is most likely going to be capped soon. Then, after most of the people have moved on a ways, I'll have my squad spawn on it, and retake the point.

Comment

Working...
                X