You gotta admit this is helpful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta admit this is helpful

Yet it is rare to see Squad Leaders using the Otus. What i do is, if i know i don't need a beacon, i pack my otus. Comes in handy when i am assault and i can't use my usual IDS. I always try to help out my squad with letting them know where the enemy is.

Re: You gotta admit this is helpful

Quiet a few people use it actually. But I REALLY hate it. As it updates every few moments the position of the soldier, it can be very misleading if your enemy is constantly moving. I find that it puts me off my game, and gets me killed more often.

So if I find myself in a squad with a leader that starts using one, I usually jut leave the squad.

I also hate SL's that use the beacon. It should be used in very rare moments when it is actually needed. I hate ones that put it near a flag you have already. Like whats the point?

Most people think to use it between flags, so that it is less of a walk for your squad. But the reality is, it will get you in to trouble more often than not, gives away your position; and you lose the MOST valuable asset.... spawning on your SL.

Comment

The Otus is a wonder on close-quarter maps when combined with an IDS. Gives me real-time positionning of everyone I need to know about.

I really should use that thing more often...

Comment

I prefer when everyone doesn't know where each other is. And shots are based more on skill and reflexes. Ids is too overpowered imho.

Comment

i use it when im with clan members other wise it is use less as the squad needs to be near each other for it to be any good if you get a sniper in ur squad it makes you see more infantry due to the sniper netbat. i like using the support sonar to its good as you get a real time tracker which follows you.

PS if you get the engineer sonar and stick it to a fav and the enemy takes it its like a tracking device

Comment

it's a good unlock, i used to see it being used more before that bug that used to instantly kill SLs upon deployment. i think that scared off a lot of SLs from using it again, and the fact it so easily blows up now. SLs also are aware that something hovering over them isn't exactly stealthy so that might be a reason to not use them as well. sometimes, i think it shows enemies that are too far away and are therefore irrelevant. it should only give you the red diamonds for enemies close by.

funny how it's basically a legal wall hack!

Comment

Yeah, sometimes it indicates that someone is at a certain position so i take out my knife and find nothing, as i am looking around to where he might have gone, i get killed. lol

I feel stupid when i am trying to be stealthy with that giant halo saying "Hello, squad leader over here"

I forgot about the thing killing you when you deployed it. They made up for it when they allowed u to deploy the Otus and Accipiter without having to resupply them.

Comment

stealth is very important in any game. i almost always play as squad leader but i NEVER use any SL items and pretty much NEVer use beacons. Beacon pods are loud and big and eye catching, otus and accipiter give away your position. but if i kill someone using an otus i blow the thing up with predjudice.

Comment

I had no idea players disliked pods. I only use them if the area where we are going to land, is dominated by my team. Like in GIB when the PAC boxes in the EU on Central camp, i put the beacon near central to keep them boxed in

Comment

was wondering about your screenshots what did you use for the diffrent color and enemys or something

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                      I had no idea players disliked pods. I only use them if the area where we are going to land, is dominated by my team. Like in GIB when the PAC boxes in the EU on Central camp, i put the beacon near central to keep them boxed in

:shakehead:

Thats the worst thing you can do. Most top players/clans never use the beacon.

Comment

i use beacons because i don't want to walk/run 5 minutes to get to the frontline at times. i will try hard to hide it well though, i usually toss it up on top of objects above me. i will also plant one deep in enemy territory if i somehow penetrate it. i don't do it for my squadmates, i just do it for my convenience really. i'll sometimes put it on a uncap like the boats on cerebere and enjoy slaughtering the PAC.

remember when you can plant beacon anywhere on the titan? that was sick. you would spawn inside the titan sometime and could shoot people from anywhere.

Comment

I'm neither, so i will still use my beacon, my precious precious beacon. That NS beacon upgrade is a piece of crap, i have never spawned in 10 seconds.

Murdock, what different color are you referring to? My cursor?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                            i use beacons because i don't want to walk/run 5 minutes to get to the frontline at times. i will try hard to hide it well though, i usually toss it up on top of objects above me. i will also plant one deep in enemy territory if i somehow penetrate it. i don't do it for my squadmates, i just do it for my convenience really. i'll sometimes put it on a uncap like the boats on cerebere and enjoy slaughtering the PAC.
                            typical n00b :thumbsup:

Comment

Beacons are very useful on vehicle maps. They are a dead giveaway of your position on IO maps though they can be useful at times

Comment

Working...
                              X