I STILL have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I STILL have questions

i love shock absorbers. I jump down from ledges without my chute a lot so that I can surprise attack people from above. Death from the sky!

Comment

Originally posted by Drodgeman View Post
      5. Is there a fast way to say "NICE! THANKS!" etc. without going Q, then finding the stupid phrase in the compass rose?
      Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
      5. Besides binding it to a key, nope, the commorose is awesome though, once you get used to it, you'll miss it in other games.
      So fricken true.

Comment

11. If I’m going for a SL badge, does me myself spawning on a beacon count?

Drodgeman
        No, your own spawning does not count. You need to have 30 spawns from squad members to get the Gold Badge. It's very difficult, and as far as I can tell, the only way to do it is to tell your squad you are going for the badge and to keep spawning on your beacon throughout the round. You need the perfect round for it to happen though. I suggest Camp Gib. Much of the fighting is PAC trying to get past the rail yards. I suggest you place the beacon behind one of the train cars and defend it.

The other method is Titan. You need a pretty full server, then pick a missile site and defend it. Place your beacon far enough out of harms way behind something, or on top of a building, otherwise your squad members will simply respawn at the missile site (and not on your beacon). Then when Titan shields are down, get to the very top of the enemy titan where there is a recessed circle. Place the beacon inside of it and defend it.

Good luck.
        DD.

Comment

I have received it on both my soldier's. Once on Gib and once on Cerbere. You need to have a full squad and you need to use VOIP. Let your squadmates know to always spawn on you or the beacon. Move the beacon with you as the line advances. A beacon way back behind the lines will not get spawned on. Also, try to place it where they are going to have some cover when coming down. Behind walls, buildings, crates, etc.. Never out in the open. It really isn't that difficult to get if you are smart about the way you use it. Just give reminders to your squad to "Come in on the beacon" through VOIP when you have it down. Also, if it is a hot location let them know not to use it until you move it to a better location. If you do that they will have more trust in you knowing you are not dropping them into a rape fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            5. Besides binding it to a key, nope, the commorose is awesome though, once you get used to it, you'll miss it in other games.
            :nod:

very, very, true

Comment

your all wrong about the parachute im afraid it doesn't just " not work" there are 2 reasons it may not deploy:
              A) you are too close to another object (for eg you haven't jumped far enough away from the object you are jumping off).
              B) you are moving too much on the horizontal axis (for example of you bail out of a fast moving gunship you go flying forwards)

to counter these make sure you jump at the l;ast second off an object to maximise clearance and when bailing from a gunship make sure you are high up enough so that your vertical motion slows and you drop more vertically

Comment

when you see an APM mine on the ground how can you tell if it's friendly or enemy? if i stare at it i see the red marker on it but it still doesn't show whether it's friendly or enemy (probably a relic from the days when friendly APM mines would kill you with FF on).

1650 hours played, still can't tell

Comment

Friendly APMs have the red skull and crossbones.

Comment

you always should crawl around apm as it can also show up on hostile apms, it is a bug and it killed me loads of times.

Comment

8. Even though I have NetBat **** (like Infantry ID), I never see anything for this...why?
                      You can toggle some of the onscreen indicators off by pressing Alt. I usually play with all of them turned off so i miss out on the NetBat diamonds most of the time.

hmm... maybe i should just set them more transparent so i can have them on all the time.

Comment

they both have skull + crossbones sometimes. other times neither does.

another question:
                        if orders are set to a location, and the status of the location changes, do i have to update the orders to get teamwork points? for example if i set orders to attack a command point, and then we take it, do i have to update the orders to defend or does the same order keep working permanently?

similar question for commanders, if a commander gives me an order like "attack church" and then i set orders to attack church manually, does commander still get points?

Comment

Originally posted by joe2
                          they both have skull + crossbones sometimes. other times neither does.

another question:
                          if orders are set to a location, and the status of the location changes, do i have to update the orders to get teamwork points? for example if i set orders to attack a command point, and then we take it, do i have to update the orders to defend or does the same order keep working permanently?

similar question for commanders, if a commander gives me an order like "attack church" and then i set orders to attack church manually, does commander still get points?
                          Hi,

You do get teamwork points if you set the order to attack a point, your team captures it, and then you kill a few more bad guys. There is definitely a time out however. After a while, you do not get teamworks points for "kills in the order radius" or things like that, you simply get kill points. I have found I get many more teamwork points if I then change the order to defend. That order works for as long as your team holds that point which is usually a lot longer than an attack order.

Commander question - That is a good question, and I can't tell you for certain because I have never asked a squad leader if they actually hit Page Up or selected the church and told their squad to attack. On the other side, as Squad Leader if I agree with the order, I always hit page up because it is simply easier. I would assume the commander would get commander points if you told your squad to attack the church before his order timed out, regardless of how you issued the command (page up or manual click).

DD.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the commander gets points even if he doesn't issue orders.

Comment

yea hence AFK commanding is so hated. i used to sign up to command before i take showers or eat meals. easy way to rack up gold medals. what i've always wondered is, if you die while as a commander and choose not to respawn, then are you still racking up points and since you're not spawned, would that give you an insane SPM?

Comment

no because the dead time is being counted too. the time recorded is the time since you spawned for the first time till the end of the round.

Comment

Working...
                                X