I STILL have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I STILL have questions

I've been playing this game maybe over a year, and I realized there are still things I don't know.

1. What's that orange skull & crossbones that appears sometimes at the bottom of my screen?

2. What's that green exclamation point on the right of my screen?

3. When you are repairing Commander stations, even when they are repaired fully (it seems) you still get an yellow circle bar in when you've got the Hoff out repairing, like it's still doing something. Any point to this?

4. What are Titan pods? Where do you find them?

5. Is there a fast way to say "NICE! THANKS!" etc. without going Q, then finding the stupid phrase in the compass rose?

6. As a SL, is there a faster way to put a hit on a flag besides, capslock, then right click on flag, etc.?

7. If you are inviting people to a squad, is there a way to tell if they are in a squad or not? What's the ? all about?

8. Even though I have NetBat **** (like Infantry ID), I never see anything for this...why?

9. How do you visually tell your teams UAV from the enemy one?

10. Why is the parachute so difficult to open (you have to hit jump a million times).

11. If I’m going for a SL badge, does me myself spawning on a beacon count?

Any help appreciated! That’s it for now….

Drodgeman

Re: I STILL have questions

1. Means there's explosives in the area.
    2. I think it means a squad member is requesting an commander asset to be used.
    3. When a commander asset is destroyed (all burnt and black), the HP is below 0. When you keep repairing it, it'll go above 0 to its normal state. If the HP is between 0-100, it doesn't make a difference in how it works. You'll also get more repair points I think.
    4. Read the signs. Opposite of the titan gun stations.
    5. Besides binding it to a key, nope, the commorose is awesome though, once you get used to it, you'll miss it in other games.
    6. Look straight at the flag icon, hold "T", and press place order.
    7. ? means that they have neither accepted or declined. Check unassigned teammates in the squad section of the scoreboard.
    8. Red diamonds are netbat. Infantry ID will tell you what class an enemy is once you look at him for a second or two.
    9. You can't, check the minimap.
    10. It just is.
    11. No idea.

Comment

Thanks.

I gotta admit, I still don't understand the engineer repair thing. Seems these are the stages:

1. Commander station is destroyed (burnt).
      2. You start repairing (no circle, no yellow status arc) and it says "Area scan back online" etc.
      3. You get a repair point.
      4. But it seems you can keep going and you get a yellow arc status bar.

#4 is the part i don't get because if you a) have the Scan repaired and b) have the repair point, what's the point of keeping going?

Comment

It repairs it all the way back to 100% health, so it takes more RDX to destroy later. Most people don't bother though.

I have no idea if you repair it from 0% to 100% if it'll give you another repair point.

Comment

Thanks. I don't think it does.

Comment

You can repair the asset to within an inch of its life, but that means a single demopack will blow it back up again.

So if you repair it to full, it will take 2/3 demopacks, which means you'll get to exhaust a recon's supply faster and prevent him from re-destroying all the asset buildings with just one stack of RDX.

Comment

FYI you can only get 1 possible point for repairing commander assets (and that is from dead to alive). No more points are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Drodgeman
                #4 is the part i don't get because if you a) have the Scan repaired and b) have the repair point, what's the point of keeping going?
                the points are awarded by how much of the assets you repair. you'll want to repair it to 100%. for instance, on titan guns...if you repair an unarmed titan gun from 0 to 100% you get 1 point. for a manned titan gun, you only need to repair it to 50% & will get 2 points for repairing it to 100%. also if you don't repair an asset to 100%, it will take less damage (rdx, etc) to blow it up completely

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                  5. Besides binding it to a key, nope, the commorose is awesome though, once you get used to it, you'll miss it in other games.
                  I'll drink to that. *cough* Combat Arms *cough* :thumbsup:

Thanks for that info Moose, didn't know about the extra point for a titan gun being manned.

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Drodgeman View Post
                    I've been playing this game maybe over a year, and I realized there are still things I don't know.

10. Why is the parachute so difficult to open (you have to hit jump a million times).

Drodgeman
                    You don't, after you jump, watch your weapon, it will disppear after a second, then push jump. The game requires that you have time to stow your weapon before pulling the parachute. Still it is advisable to keep hammerin' away on short jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                      it is advisable to keep hammerin' away on short jumps.
                      sometimes a dozens taps on the space just isn't enough :cry:

Comment

solution just jump into the air instead of just falling of this gives you more time for the parachute to pop out

Comment

Originally posted by christopherlon View Post
                          solution just jump into the air instead of just falling of this gives you more time for the parachute to pop out
                          That's actually a good suggestion. I noticed that the game sometimes doesn't seem to register your "falling" state when you just step off a platform. Jumping beforehand solves the problem.

Comment

Always jump off edges.

Talking from experience here haha

Also, be careful not to reload when jumping off edges. It bugs out sometimes and it's only OK to do it from really high towers.

Comment

You just have to wait till you nearly hit the ground, then hit the spacebar once and you will have a perfect landing. oh and this unlock also comes in handy

SAB-1b Shock Absorber Boot

The Sab 1b shock absorber boot integrates nano mechanics with bi polymeric technology to give the user increased stamina recovery and resilience to damage taken from a fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X