My Trees got thicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trees got thicker

I recently upgraded from a 7800GT to a ATI 4870 and i have noticed in belgrade that my trees got thicker and bushier. In cerbere is where i am noticing this.

I use to be able to see the little broken house where the flag is with my old card, now the trees block my view.

What's the point of all of this? I dunno, i just wanna show off my pretty new trees

Re: My Trees got thicker

nice, we could all use bigger bushes.

Comment

I agree. I was gonna name the thread "Look at my thick bush" lol

Comment

i have a 4870 (frikken huge card) and i dont have crap like that what are your settings at?

Comment

Everything maxed out of course but the AA and AF i set it with the Catalyst. AA 8X and AF 16X

Comment

same i got a 9800 GTX 512mb and I'm able to run on everything max and maintain a 99,9 fps and yeah difference is noticeable when you go down to medium or low for geometry.

Comment

AA setting seems to cause dithering around vegetation.

Comment

yeah thats how bf2142 does look, running it on 9800GTX tri sli setup and thats normal. Titan still lags like a ***** on 64player servers with 4GB ram though (64bit os vistal ultimate)

Comment

Originally posted by andy2008 View Post
                  yeah thats how bf2142 does look, running it on 9800GTX tri sli setup and thats normal. Titan still lags like a ***** on 64player servers with 4GB ram though (64bit os vistal ultimate)
                  3 letters. c.p.u

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                    3 letters. c.p.u
                    nope its an intel extreme quad core, dunno which one as im not on that comp at the moment and i forget as i only got it last week (when i find out will post here) but 32 player titan maps are fine, 64 player titan maps lag a ***** when everyone is on the titan, down on the ground its fine. Titan mode always has been laggy though its a known fact about the game. Depends though as people have different acceptable levels of laggy

Comment

There's low framerate "lag", and then there's actual internet lag. I haven't had the chance to try 64p titan yet, but in titans my FPS really improved with my E8400 compared to my old Pentium D 820 . ~25 FPS in titan, geo on medium with Pent D; constantly above 80 with geometry on high with my C2D. Same gfx card, faster and less RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by andy2008 View Post
                        nope its an intel extreme quad core, dunno which one as im not on that comp at the moment and i forget as i only got it last week (when i find out will post here) but 32 player titan maps are fine, 64 player titan maps lag a ***** when everyone is on the titan, down on the ground its fine. Titan mode always has been laggy though its a known fact about the game. Depends though as people have different acceptable levels of laggy

yeah i think your standards are set too high thats what i think. having a C2x and complaining about lag on titan you should be ashamed of yourself. seriously

Comment

i'd have high expectations with a tri sli setup and extreme core2quad, wouldn't you?

Comment

you dont NEED more than 100fps in this game. his rig is overkill. you cant expect any more than what you know is attainable. what kind of magic do you expect wasting way too much money on a computer like he did?

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                              you dont NEED more than 100fps in this game. his rig is overkill. you cant expect any more than what you know is attainable. what kind of magic do you expect wasting way too much money on a computer like he did?
                              even though one's video card may be registering high fps, they play may still lag. my card usually registers 60-90, but never displays like that. 60 is smooth play & you shouldn't need any more than that. BUT sometimes what you see is not as smooth as the actual framerate. i have tons of fraps video footage that was really laggy during play, but the playback is MUCH, MUCH smoother than the gameplay itself, so go figure:dontknow:

Comment

Working...
                              X