Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock band or GH3?

My kid wants one of these games, Which should I get her? She's 8

I hear RB2 is coming soon, should I just wait?

Re: Rock band or GH3?

I hear RB for the wii does not have many of the features that the xbox and ps3. Also RockBand is more of a 2+ people game as guitar hero is more of a single player game. Personally i would wait for either Rockband 2 or GH4 tbh they are on their way if i remember.

Comment

GH4 = World Tour.
      IMO I would get Guitar Hero. As Hanley said, it's easier to just pick up and play and you don't need a group of people to enjoy it.

Comment

I too would say GH as both you and her can play together, but if the whole family wants to play or even you want to play a different instrument then get Rockband.

rockband 2 is out soon but the RB 1 instruments will work fine with it.

Comment

If your going to get GH, you might want to consider getting GH: Aerosmith. Even though it has considerably less songs than in GH3, the difficulty is a lot more friendlier and that might be better as your daughter is still quite young.

Comment

GH3 if you want to upset yourself and your kid with insane difficulties (compared to earlier GH's and Rock Band).

Rock Band gets my vote as you can switch it up with the instruments and it's a bit more "pick up and play" friendly for the guitar compared to GH3.

Comment

Yeah doing some more reading, RB seems to be nerfed for the wii, at least as far as Online content. @ $169 for the whole kit, I still dont know. I did see a few buy it now's on Ebay Used for $119 though. My daughter is really into Drums and singing, so thats why I was leaning towards RB

May just have to wait and see what RB2 and GH4 bring.

Personally I think I played GH3 once when the nieghbors brought over their 360 one night. I dont think I was drunk enough to figure it out, or possibly just too drunk? LoL

Comment

Well honestly if you are leaning to RB then wait for RB2. Check that out because yes RB1 was really nerfed for the wii. That was one of the reasons I myself actually didn't buy it because I hought it was goign to be worth my money.

Edit: Yes GH3 is harder than the other i heard I myself cant even get past hard still .

Comment

Get Rock Band.

Comment

Even the nerfed version for the wii? I guess theres no downloadable content.

If I can find it on Ebay cheap enough... Else I'll just wait for Xmas and get RB2 for her.

Comment

Well one way to put it is that if you only have the wii and if you really was rock band its worth it. Seriously though i would wait for the sequals choose which one you want now and then wait tbh.

Comment

GH3 :yay: Has single and dual player mode.

ALSO, GH4 is going to have drumming with a different drum set than RB (Though I am sure both will work) so you will already have the guitar.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I never did get around to buying one of these... So now that RB2 and GH:WT is out whats the better system? My 8 yr old loves drums so whichever has the better drumset will probably win out when I buy the kit. Are the games controllers interchangable? will GH work with RB2 drums etc...

Comment

I bought GH4 and its a TON of fun. A lot of songs and, though I havent done it yet, you can even make and download custom songs.

I like the drumkit for GH4, even I can use it. There were some problems with it on first release, but I think they were ironed out because the drum kit I have now looks a little different from the original release and can withstand the pounding I give it. Im not a drummer by a long shot so I do not have the finesse

Still havent played RB. Ive seen the drums for it though and they dont look as cool. I dont know if the drums are interchangable.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I am sure my 8yr old will abuse the hell out of them. Hopefully the auto industry picks up as now I'm broke. I just spent the last of my $$ on an XD9 and a CPL class.

Comment

Working...
                              X