Battlefield 3 will most likely be announced at E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 will most likely be announced at E3

BF has always had such a different feel than CoD though. Of course, it does have to do with the larger maps and vehicles - but the gunplay just seems... inferior to CoD - not to mention the hit detection.

Comment

WHy does it have to be on par with COD 4 ?

COD 4 = No vehicles = Fail.

Battlefield Franchise Is made by its vehicles, and the fact that it still runs tons of I/O servers is a testament to how good its infantry is already.

Comment

Originally posted by [WC]Juno{XVIII} View Post
        WHy does it have to be on par with COD 4 ?

COD 4 = No vehicles = Fail.

Battlefield Franchise Is made by its vehicles, and the fact that it still runs tons of I/O servers is a testament to how good its infantry is already.
        Jesus Christ you're missing the point: we want the ground combat aspect to be on par with COD4.

Essentially, we're asking for (vehicle combat + cod4 style infy combat = BF3).

Comment

Because in COD4 the bullets actually go where you aim, unlike in bf2 where they are totally frikin random and have minds of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
            Infantry combat better be on par with CoD4 or it`s ****.
            If you want an infantry based fps shooter then go and buy one. I'd be happy to see inf combat in BF3 fail even more, then they can forget about medic stat pad mode (IO) and get back to what this game series was designed to be.

Comment

personally I hope its not like COD4... if I want to play a COd4 kind of game I would play COD4.

I do hope however the is mass weapon and kit customization

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66 View Post
                If you want an infantry based fps shooter then go and buy one. I'd be happy to see inf combat in BF3 fail even more, then they can forget about medic stat pad mode (IO) and get back to what this game series was designed to be.
                Well, not to poke fun at your post... but this game wasn't designed to be infantry only.

PS. We just want good infantry combat. We want what COD4 did for the FPS, but with the addition of vehicles. How could you possibly be against a better implementation of ground combat?

Comment

I hope they add an infantry only mode, i get fed up of jet whoring sometimes and just need some good squad based play.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66 View Post
                    I really hate this argument. He wasnt asking for infantry based FPS. He was asking for something better than sub-standard, which is what he have now. I love BF2 just as much as anyone else, but there is nothing more annoying than being 2 feet away and watching bullets disapear, or seeing puffs of dust coming from someones head, yet they do a drop and roll and your dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgie
                      I love BF2 just as much as anyone else, but there is nothing more annoying than being 2 feet away and watching bullets disapear, or seeing puffs of dust coming from someones head, yet they do a drop and roll and your dead.
                      Yup, that's a definite problem, but it is to do with the netcoding. It is not easy to fix this without taking the whole game apart and re-working the code. This would not be financially feasible.

Let's just hope they test BF3 a bit more online before sending it out. Although, remember, it is hard to replicate the effect of thousands of players connecting to servers at the same time when it's in beta or alpha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                        Well, not to poke fun at your post... but this game wasn't designed to be infantry only.
                        But that's what I said, and the point of my post. Re-read it.

Comment

No question I would like for them to improve on the infantry play/hit registration, so long as it doesnt take away from other aspects of the game, primarily map size. If the key to COD4's success with hit registration was to decrease the size of the maps...I would rather a puff of smoke on some dudes face with the knife every now and again than to go that route.

Comment

aaaaannnd it wasn't announced not even BFBC DLC was announced

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptik View Post
                              aaaaannnd it wasn't announced not even BFBC DLC was announced
                              yup

This website is for sale! enterbf3.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, enterbf3.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

i was watching g4 or w/e, i didnt think there would be an announcement because it would like defeat the purpose of BF:H, but meh.

Comment

the aspect of COD4 that made the infantry fighting good (in some peoples eyes) is that it actually worked, like Alex said reworking the Battlefield engine to fix the glaring netcode and client to server communication issues is just unfeasible

I would love them to make the shooting actually work like in COD4, but COD4 style infantry gameplay? I' rather not, holding fire and killing people gets mighty boring (even if Dice did it a bit with some of the 2142 weapons)

Comment

Working...
                                X