WIP 2142-stats sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP 2142-stats sig

I hate Voss, people with Voss always seem to kill me in one shot..... but it's the second weapon I added after Knife....
    New feature, background will change color if player is online.

Comment

WAAY to big.
      Big, obtrusive sigs always look awful, especially when their stat sigs. They disrupt the flow of the forum and become an eyesore.

A sig should never be taller than around 150pixels. Width can go up to the max though.
      Ask anyone from the gfx section and they will agree.

You could probably cut half that information out (rather useless imo) and just include the fast facts people want to know about your soldier. That would slim it down and make it flow better.

edit:
      The problem is that the gfx pro's aren't good coders and the coders don't have good gfx skills.

Comment

I'd still be using big sigs untill one day, your monitor can be as clear as a printed paper, then, a sig with a height of 500px will be like 1CM high on your screen.
        I just like big sigs not cause they're big, cause I can fit the details i want in them.

i am well aware that my sig has many useless information, but that's not why they are there, they are there to
        1. Fill the space so they don't look empty.
        2. GIve an overall effect on the style of this sig.
        so why are there empty space to fill? cause this person stands upright, not sideways. If it's only 150px high you won't be able to see the details.
        I am very unsatisfied with our display and computer technology today, these big sigs still don't have some of the details I wanted.

Comment

jacob ... if you like it , then thats all thats really important . I guess thats the risk of posting something asking for views , every negitive nelly is going to find something they don't like about it . Personally , I try to look for the good in something , opose to whats missing/flawed . I think you did a nice job , and am jealous of people that can figure this kind of stuff out ... Its over my head , but can appreciate the effort put into it . Keep up the good work .

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobgong View Post
            I'd still be using big sigs untill one day, your monitor can be as clear as a printed paper, then, a sig with a height of 500px will be like 1CM high on your screen.
            I just like big sigs not cause they're big, cause I can fit the details i want in them.
            lolwut

Big sigs are still bulky and disrupt the flow of a forum. Ask anyone from the gfx section, or start a poll. Most people will agree.

Obviously, it is you sig and your choice, but you did ask for input. Being a sig maker (the gfx kind) I thought you should see it from a different angle.

Comment

Looks ok to me. :thumbsup:
              tis' a bit tall though. :awes

I've been working on a stat sig, it's manual of course. lmao

Comment

idk i actually think your going to get a superior finished product if you look at the negative aspects. being optimistic about things and going 'well this part is nice' that doesnt produce quality

Comment

Originally posted by therealmat View Post
                  Looks ok to me. :thumbsup:
                  tis' a bit tall though. :awes
                  See? TRM is a gfx pro and he says its too tall!

Comment

I no longer belive in "pro"s because for too many times have I seen "pro"s at their "field of study" actually understanding less than me. (well you know not all Pros suck, but I need to see if one's really a pro first)
                    I measured and agree that this sig is taller than most out there, almost tallest in this forum. but, I see that there's a minimulm height for everyone's post, and most of your posts don't exceed that minimulm value, so it's not actually as tall as you think, just taking up the space instead of pure white.
                    As one of the most flexible( or most flexible) sig for 2142-stats.com, this sig consists of 22 500X229 PNG images with trasparency, they are layered together (up to 5 per sig) acording to the user's stats. I don't think I can just make it shorter that easily....
                    =======
                    P.S.
                    this post, before the "P.S." is actually shorter than the post above(12CM Vs. 11.5CM on my screen), yet I have longer sig and longer message.
                    oh, I'd like to take any suggestion that I can actually fix, making this shorter would be the same as making another one, I'll consider the height if I decide to make another one sometime.
                    Features included now:
                    custom country flags: US UK AU FR DE CA CN
                    custom favorate weapons: Knife shotgun Voss/Bour Zellar Lamb RDX ATRifle SMG
                    diffrent stats shown for diffrent favorate weapons.
                    orange background for online soldiers
                    dogtag background for soldiers with 9999+ dogtags
                    genural sig information like rank, score, ect...
                    "Completer" for max level soldiers
                    big star (Brigadier General rank pic) for max level soldiers

Comment

Working...
                    X