Xbox 360 to Surpass Xbox 1 Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 to Surpass Xbox 1 Sales

At some point this month, Xbox 360 sales are expected to exceed 25 million units. Once this happens, it will have surpassed the combined sales of the first Xbox console!
    "By the end of this month, we expect our global installed base to reach 25 million units, surpassing that of the first Xbox," said Mindy Mount, CFO of the firm's Entertainment & Devices Division.

She said that the milestone is still "only a start," as "more than three-quarters" of a console's sales occur when it drops to $199 or lower. Three current models of Xbox 360 range from the $199 base Arcade version to the $399 Elite version following an early September price drop.
    This report comes from Edge-Online.

Re: Xbox 360 to Surpass Xbox 1 Sales

wow...about time it exceeded it predecessor, although i definatly don't believe that 3/4 of a console's sales happen when it goes below $199.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Gaming is a lot bigger this gen than last. I've never seen this many game commercials, console commercials, or game review shows before. Now we just need to see some nvidia/ATI ads...

Comment

I wonder how many of those sold Xbox 360s had the red ring of death. From surveys and stuff, the estimated percent is about 20+ percent. Microsoft is stupid for releasing a broken product and then having to ante up around a billion dollars to appease their fans. What sheer stupidity.

Comment

better than EA who if they were in the same position probably wouldn't fix them...

Comment

it also seems that the rrd was something over hyped by PS3 fanboys to make us 360 owners feel bad for some reason. while the actual amount is 20%+ ps3 fanboys act as if its 110% sometimes. it annoyes me

Comment

From what I've seen written by legitimate sources, it seems the majority of RROD's were on the very early models of 360's. And a good number of those were probably due to user error/abuse, as one would often see posts like "this is my 5th Xbox360 that's RROD'ing"....doubtful, and if that is the case, it's probably due to poor ventilation, moving it around too much, etc. Other people have posted that they are still on their 1st gen 360 and that it's working fine. Funny how that works.

Some can say MS was stupid for releasing a "broken" product...however, that product beat PS3 to shelves and grabbed most of the market share, establishing XBL as the dominant network, and a larger base of games available. Sony has been struggling to catch up ever since. Seems the cost of replacing all those 360's might be well worth it in the long-run.

Comment

I don't know Whiskey, many of the people I know who originally planned to get a 360 halted their plans because of the RROD rumors and decided to wait for other systems before deciding. Certainly, they got a bigger userbase more quickly, but these rumours alienated many potential consumers. Without these problems, but still releasing before the other systems, the 360 probably would have sold around 30 million instead of 25 million by now. Slight hyperbole, but still possible given the circumstances

Comment

Working...
                X