What ever happened to BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to BF3?

I haven't seen anything on BF3 in a long time, did they scrap it, or push it out, last info I can find on it says release late in 2008, but here we are almost July and no info on it.

Any ideas ?

Re: What ever happened to BF3?

This website is for sale! enterbf3.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, enterbf3.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Late 2008? Never heard any such thing. It was 5 years between BF42 and BF2. There was a pdf about the BF3 engine leaked, you can download it below. But there hasn't even been an official announcement of BF3 much less a release date.

Rendering Architecture and Real-time Procedural Shading & Texturing Techniques

Comment

i ate it.

Comment

Yea, it has not even been confirmed yet.

Comment

... so technically nothing happened to BF3. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by clementsjd1 View Post
              that site has bad info, click weapons and look at the links, it links images to BFBC

Comment

Shh... thats a secret.

Comment

Anyways, it is BF5! We need to stop calling all new BF games BF3, Battlefield 2 was the third game, BF2142 was called BF3 until it sucked balls. Plz, lets call this new one by its real name so it doesn't go emo and suck on us like BF2142 did!

Cheers

Comment

Meh...
                    • Battlefield 1942
                    • The Road To Rome
                    • Secret Weapons of World War II
                    • Battlefield Vietnam
                    • Battlefield 2
                    • Special Forces
                    • Euro Force
                    • Armored Fury
                    • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
                    • Battlefield 2142
                    • Northern Strike
                    • Battlefield: Bad Company
                    • Battlefield Heroes

Comment

Battlefield 3 will be on the Frostbite engine, probably.

Each number is representative of the advancements, like Call of Duty. Each new version was significantly different than the last. Also, they're almost like Generations, you have the BF2 era, comprising of BF2, SF, AF, EF, 2142 and NS. The next generation of Battlefield would be Heroes, Bad Company and the next title which would make up BF3.

Thats what makes it Battlefield 3. 1942 was 1, Vietnam would in my opinion be classed as 1.5, BF2 was 2, as well as 2142, and Bad Company is the beginning of BF's 3rd stage.

Comment

Originally posted by ichangedmyname View Post
                        Plz, lets call this new one by its real name so it doesn't go emo and suck on us like BF2142 did!
                        Count yourself lucky you're in the BF2 forum

Oh and RKO got it summed up pretty good. Although I would like to add that I think it has a lot to do with the engine.

1942 and Vietnam used the Refractor 2 engine,

BF2, BF2142 and BFH uses a very very heavily modified Refractor 2 engine, (which is pretty interesting)

BFBC (and BF3) uses the frostbite engine

Comment

BF3 will look great on high end pc's, I have bf bad company and u can see the console is struggling with it, the antialiasing is terrible and alot of the texture's appear muddy, by the time it comes out for pc itll look 10 times better than bad company.

Comment

I hope they work a bit more on the physics though of the frostbite engine, no doubt a pc will run it far better than a console but if they can nail the collision detection and recapture some of the old battlefield feel then it will only make the game better

providing it isnt released 6 months early in some sort of beta stage in order to make monies

Comment

Lets hope that the Frostbite engine will be easy to mod...

Comment

Working...
                              X