Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tips on the unlock tree

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
    I'm probly the only sucker on here that made the saaw their first weapon unlock. lol.
    oh man, i'm sorry to hear that, but it sure did give me a good laugh:laugh: i hate that friggin thing. i can't hit anything w/ that anti-air gun. i feel like i couldn't even hit tina turner if i was ike turner...

Comment

It's fun using the SAAW against infantry. If you are decent at knifing, you will do fine using the SAAW against infantry. It comes in handy in a 64 man titan server, got a 10 kill streak pin once with it.

Comment

Well look at the bright side - if you unlocked the SAAW first at least you had to get motion mines along the way, so it wouldn't be ALL bad.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
          It's fun using the SAAW against infantry. If you are decent at knifing, you will do fine using the SAAW against infantry. It comes in handy in a 64 man titan server, got a 10 kill streak pin once with it.
          can you earn the anti-air ribbon using the saaw? the one that requires 5 min w/ anti air & 14 or 15 kills iar...

Comment

ehh... another one of these threads... just go for all the assault unlocks.

Oh... I suppose the general infantry upgrade unlocks are good too

Comment

Ok, well I think I know where I'm gonna go from here, so thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
                Well look at the bright side - if you unlocked the SAAW first at least you had to get motion mines along the way, so it wouldn't be ALL bad.

~Wolfgang
                True. It's how i got my first explosives pin. Players were clueless about how to deal with the Motion mines, so i was racking up the kills round after round.

I'm pretty sure only using the rorsch (The one that throws the pink balls) and the titan AA guns to get the ribbon. Because if the SAAW counted for that, it would give out Clear Sky Pins and it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
                  oh man, i'm sorry to hear that, but it sure did give me a good laugh:laugh: i hate that friggin thing. i can't hit anything w/ that anti-air gun. i feel like i couldn't even hit tina turner if i was ike turner...
                  Now that's bad.... funny but bad. I kinda like the Saaw if you get next to a supply crate or have a support person on a Suez map you can do some damage and rack up some points.

I didn't think they could kill infantry since my missles always seem to fly up?

Comment

When they lock on to air vehicles they go up, when they don't they just go straight (Arches a little bit) I've gone whole rounds just using the SAAW in Cerbere, my best round was 17 kills. lol

Comment

I was actually unhappy about my choices of unlocks the first time, and now that I know what is useful and what is not useful, I decided to start over. It was taking SO long to go up in rank to get new unlocks, I just decided to cut my losses and start again with a new soldier.

Some tips:

1. I agree with others here - unlocking the grenades, sprintcor 20, staminar 9 should be your FIRST unlocks.

2. Also agree with others - start with assault, and unlock the defib. I you wish to continue playing assault, I'd unlock the advanced med hub, Herzog, NetBay Infantry ID, and PK-74 rockets - IN THAT ORDER. Stop with the Baur (don't get it), and don't take the smoke nades or Voss. They aren't worth it, in my opinion.

3. Now might be a good time to get a Squad Leader unlock - go get the SLSB, but that's it. DON'T waste your time with the rest of the SL unlocks - they are pretty much useless.

4. Then move onto Recon or Support - your choice. If you go Recon, I would unlock APM, RDX, NetBat Fade Delay, IT-33, Lambert Carbine - IN THAT ORDER. Going for the Lambert allows you to work towards the Recon badges faster. However, if you are REALLY into sniping, take the zoom, stabilizer - but STAY AWAY from the Zeller - it's more powerful sure, but ALL the sniper rifles kill with a head shot, so I don't see the advantage of it. The ability to blow up mines and such does not make up for small clips, long reload time, etc.

If you go Support - I would go up Branch B first - take the IPS Shield, Advanced Ammo Hub, DysTek Pulse Meter (Surprisingly useful) and the Clark Shotgun (which is a one-shot to kill wonder). The Branch A stuff I don't find that useful, but go up to unlock 3 if you wish and get the Sentry Gun. Ganz is not worth it, for if you want stopping power, play Assault.

5. Leave engineer to last. Again go up Branch B first and get the IL-29 Motion Mines. Don't take the SAAW 86, and go up the A branch and workup to the Pilum.

6. After you've done all that, take the other weapons, but leave the Squad Leader garbage to the near end, and take the MAX CLIP and extra grenade ONLY at the end.

Hope this helps.
                      RailDog99

Comment

I don't agree with that... I would go for ALL the player unlocks first, then go Engineer. If you learn how to shoot while using an SMG, you will omgpwn with all the other weapons. Engi is my favorite class in the game... Even though with my first profile it was the last kit I unlocked, it VERY quickly became my most used kit. With my second soldier, I unlocked it second (support was first), and even though support had a good 60 hour jump on it within one month Engi was my favorite kit again xD

IMO, do what you want. If you play alot of Titan or commander, Engineer is a godsend. If you are a Gibby whore like all the rest of humanity, go Assault. If you like sniping, go recon. If you like shotguns or lol-lots-of-bullets go support. Just remember to get them player unlocks first

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                          I don't agree with that... I would go for ALL the player unlocks first, then go Engineer. If you learn how to shoot while using an SMG, you will omgpwn with all the other weapons. Engi is my favorite class in the game... Even though with my first profile it was the last kit I unlocked, it VERY quickly became my most used kit. With my second soldier, I unlocked it second (support was first), and even though support had a good 60 hour jump on it within one month Engi was my favorite kit again xD

IMO, do what you want. If you play alot of Titan or commander, Engineer is a godsend. If you are a Gibby whore like all the rest of humanity, go Assault. If you like sniping, go recon. If you like shotguns or lol-lots-of-bullets go support. Just remember to get them player unlocks first
                          I agree, player unlocks first, but max clip? A few extra bullets in a pistol is stupid. The extra grenade is also not THAT useful. I'd rather have other things...

And you have to agree the SL unlocks (besides the beacon) are dumb.

But yes it's what you want to do, but 2nd time around through this, I'm not AT ALL missing the Voss or the Smoke grenandes! (which I've used like once).

Comment

Working...
                          X