Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on the unlock tree

Alright well here I go. I mainly play assault/medic, so I have been getting

unlocks on the right half (I just started playing) right now the next unlock is a

smoke grenade, which seems pretty lame, so would I be better off going for the

shotgun add-on? Or just get the nade to move on to better things. Or possibly

the first sniper unlock? Thanks

Re: Tips on the unlock tree

do you have your soldier unlocks yet? (sprint, sprint recooperation, extra nades, etc) those stay w/ your character regardless of which kit/role you choose. if you're at the beginning stages of character development, don't stress too much about which weapon to unlock. it is so easy at first due to the fact that you only need a small amount of points from one rank to the next. as you get higher in rank, it becomes more difficult to rank up because it takes thousands of points.

the points required to rank up are your total points from in game scores as well as from the awards that you earn. some awards are very easy to earn & you should go for those first, as they will give you extra points & help you rank up. if you don't have it yet, go pay the $10 for the northern strike expansion pack. each award from northern strike is worth 1 unlock & some are extremely easy to earn.

the badges are earned in 3 stages....bronze, silver & gold. bronze are worth 20-40, silver worth 500 & gold are 1,000 points. look in the bfhq tab to see the requirements of each award. some are easier to earn than others. for instance, the titan destruction bronze badge only requires that you blow up 2 titan consoles & the silver only requires having blown up 10 titan consoles total and then 1 titan core. that's over 500 points that you can earn in just a few rounds. to get to the gold level of the knife badge only requires 150 knife kills total & then 17 in 1 round. if you have any experience playing other battlefield series, this may be a pretty easy task. i won't go through all of them, but i think you get the point. also, check out this site for an easy visualization of the award status & points http://2142-stats.com/

getting back to your specific question, the shotty is going to be far more useful than any smoke grenade. i'd recommend that you start w/ assault, then move on to support, recon & then finally engineer. assault has the easiest guns to use right off the bat. you can play w/ that kit until you fill all of its unlocks then move on to the next after you've earned gold in that kit also. hope that helps

Comment

ya like moosey said knife badge easy 2520 points also try the pistol one as well those are the only ones without a time restriction. also work on your NS badges.

P.S i know this is gonna get me ****ed over for saying but get your VOSS and then the entire left side assult kit. you get upgrades super quick this way.

Comment

So yes for the shotgun, and then work on global unlocks?

Should I go with the netbat instead of the running things, (btw I already have the nades)

Sorry for all the questions there are just a ton of unlocks and I don't know their real value, so you experienced guys are a huge help to me.

Yes I do have NS got the deluxe thing, figured it could help me like SF for bf2

Comment

I don't think it can be explained any better than what moose said. Get your soldier unlocks first. And don't unlock the tops of the tiers unless you really need the weapon. You can easily get field upgrades within minutes of your first round if you are in a good squad, which you should be if you want to get quick points.

Comment

If i had to do it all over again, i would touch assault till last. Well maybe just get the defib. It would all be a matter of killing just 1 guy and taking his kit. a big percentage is Voss, PK, Defib. So i would go for the 2nd kit i use the most or the one i would like to use more. For alot ppl now it's the clark, IDS and sentry

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
              If i had to do it all over again, i would touch assault till last. Well maybe just get the defib. It would all be a matter of killing just 1 guy and taking his kit. a big percentage is Voss, PK, Defib. So i would go for the 2nd kit i use the most or the one i would like to use more. For alot ppl now it's the clark, IDS and sentry
              Agreed, I run with both of those kits on maps like camp G, or Shingle, depending on the situation and where I am spawning in on the map.

Plus with the Herz, you can get the close combat badge for 10 kills with a shotty in one round. Another reason to grab that add-on.

Comment

im dissappointed with the radar nade unlock that i just got a couple days ago i mean you only get 1 of them and they are almost impossible to resupply. its not even worth it i dont think

Comment

Now your sig is in Chinese, Field? You change your sig and clan tag more often than I change underwear (which, I suppose, doesn't say much for my hygiene )!

~Wolfgang

Comment

more for me than anything i get tired of looking at the same picture

Comment

Originally posted by Fito68 View Post
                      ya like moosey said knife badge easy 2520 points also try the pistol one as well those are the only ones without a time restriction. also work on your NS badges.

P.S i know this is gonna get me ****ed over for saying but get your VOSS and then the entire left side assult kit. you get upgrades super quick this way.
                      ^^^^ BOOOOO :P

Awesome advice, and very smart to ask on here, wish I would have thought of that. Specially taking the other kits... Only advice I could offer is either make the tank a favorite vehicle, or lean to fly the gunship. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                        more for me than anything i get tired of looking at the same picture
                        It's all good. I just never knew there were so many different stat sigs available out there but everytime you post it's a different one.

~Wolfgang

Comment

go to 2142-stats.com and i dont know if you have to register or log in or whatnot but in peoples profiles theres a 'sig' tab and theres tonnns of them

Comment

right'o guys thanks for your help!

Comment

I'm probly the only sucker on here that made the saaw their first weapon unlock. lol.

I was so use to playing the OG BF game and being full of vehicles, so being engi was my best role. The first day 2142 came out, the majority of the servers were running the big maps, so i stuck with the engineer kit and i unlocked the saaw not knowing it was an anti air gun. What a waste, should of atleast gotten the pilum first

Comment

Working...
                              X