Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CoD4 Killer?

Originally posted by *T®ÓJÂN_MÂN* ™ View Post
    i hope this game does kill CoD4. i dont like CoD4 cause its so easy, theres no challenge. BF:BC FTW! CoD4 FTL!
    You have been playing in the wrong servers and with the wrong people if you think that CoD 4 is easy...

Comment

naw i played on a lot of servers it was the same thing "spray n' prey".

Comment

That "spray n' prey" is bit wide subject...

I mean, what game doesn't have players who does it...

Comment

your right there. but ive seen it more on CoD4 than any other game.

Comment

I think the reason that there is more spray and pray in cod4 is that the bullets do more damage so therefore shooting in the general direction can be more deadly while in Battlefield more bullets are needed for the kill so it is more effective to aim.

Comment

I know I will be switching from COD to play more BF when this comes out. I have never played a demo as much as this since the BF2 demo came out a few years back.

I do agree though that it's more team and tactical work than COD but I am sure it will take some of the COD players.

My only hope is that they iron out some of the lagging bugs prior to release, but we all know how EA handles their servers.

Comment

If you check the official Bad Company website (here), the seem pretty on-the-ball regarding the servers, and have seem to have been actually trying quite hard to get them working properly. Maybe there is a god...

Comment

The way I look at it - I don't think they expected 50'000 people to be playing the demo at the same time. They get the benefit of the doubt, but we shall see.

I reserve the right to piss and moan if the F it up when the game is released

Comment

Originally posted by gungrinner View Post
                    The way I look at it - I don't think they expected 50'000 people to be playing the demo at the same time. They get the benefit of the doubt, but we shall see.

I reserve the right to piss and moan if the F it up when the game is released
                    They have been working a lot and I mean a lot. Trust me when I say they are putting everything they have into fixing the lag issues. Remember on the XBOX 360 they need to connect data through several layers to get the client to the server and back. If one area has any hick-ups, well we have the resent issues. PSN has less layers, but is still complex. As they find they hick-ups I have no doubt they will be fixed. Also, remember there isn't a game out on either console bringing this big of an online experience. So, let's cheer all these guys on and DICE, EA, Microsoft, and Sony that are giving their all to iron out these lag issues! :salute:

Comment

I am sure the network coding for consoles is a lot more difficult as they are more heavily secured environments and are not controlled through DICE/EA.

Nevertheless, the experience has been improving and I think alot of people will be playing B:BC instead of COD4 or Halo3. I think the game will be in the top 5 for Xbox. It will probably be above R6V2 and maybe even GeOW once the number steady off. I can tell you the demo made my friend go from possible rent to almost definite buy and many other I am sure are in the same case.

This is definitely the only demo other then the bf2 demo which I have played for such a long time. I was going to buy NG2 but instead I am playing the demo lol.

Comment

Im pretty sure that DICE/EA/Sony/Microsoft can get this worked out...

Since what game doesn't have problems at start? And if the lag and other problems can be fixed already in the demo, then we should have really smooth release...

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuther View Post
                          They have been working a lot and I mean a lot. Trust me when I say they are putting everything they have into fixing the lag issues. Remember on the XBOX 360 they need to connect data through several layers to get the client to the server and back. If one area has any hick-ups, well we have the resent issues. PSN has less layers, but is still complex. As they find they hick-ups I have no doubt they will be fixed. Also, remember there isn't a game out on either console bringing this big of an online experience. So, let's cheer all these guys on and DICE, EA, Microsoft, and Sony that are giving their all to iron out these lag issues! :salute:
                          I have to say, even with the problems, right now, I wouldn't mind if EA/DICE collective all took a dump on my chest, Bad Company is THAT good...

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                            I have to say, even with the problems, right now, I wouldn't mind if EA/DICE collective all took a dump on my chest, Bad Company is THAT good...
                            :laugh:

With one map and 3 unlocks this is already a blast to play... And there is more to come...

Comment

sadly i don't see it happening, although now when i play CoD 4 after BF:BC it just doesn't seem in the same league, and i get bored quickly and go play the demo

Comment

Every time I get on my Xbox I go to my library and play BF:BC instead of playing Halo 3 even though I love that game too.

As other people have said, this is the demo I've played the most since the BF2 demo. I just love it even though I have lag during the night cause I think it's my rooter messing up. I consider my self as a BF Veteran for loving more this style of gaming than the CoD4 and Halo 3 gaming even though they are good too.

What I find incredible is the guy at the top of the leader boards. He has around 151,000 points while I'm around 5000th-7000th in the leader boards with 12,000 points or so. This guy must of been playing so much, he's insane. There's such a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X