CoD4 Killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 Killer?

I honestly believe this game could seriously damage the amount of people who play CoD4 (on consoles, at least) and I absolutely frigging love Call of Duty! But since I've played the demo for Bad Company, the thought of CoD hasn't even crossed my mind!

Besides, what with the teamwork aspect, vehicles, destructible environments, it has everything CoD has and more!

Thoughts?

Edit: On second thoughts, 'killer' is a bit of a strong word... but I still think it'll have some sort of userbase impact. Did CoD4 have much advertising on the TV, I can't rightly remember seeing much, but then again... it was 8 months ago.

Re: CoD4 Killer?

Well I haven't played the demo yet so I can't comment on that but as far as COD4 goes its an OK game but I don't see why loads of people think its amazing. The single player was good but short and the multiplayer just seems like another FPS to me. Like you said, Battlefield incorporates vehicles, teamwork and now destructable environments which makes the game far more enjoyable than just running around shooting people.

Maybe its cos I come from a PC gaming background that these console FPS don't seem that amazing, I don't know, but I know that I'm looking forward to Bad Company more than I was COD4.

Comment

i must admit, i loved COD4's single player, but much like Brokenmachine, im from a Pc gaming background, so the MP, although good, was underwhelming for me.

Bad Company is a slice of PC shoved right into my PS3, and i can say it will get alot more attention from me over COD4.

Basically everything BrokenMachine said goes for me as well, the variety and freedom of movement are what makes the Bf series so exceptional. Some people wont like the map size or lack of run and gun action, so its safe to say COD4 and Halo 3 will stay good and healthy.

Comment

I really doubt that Cod4 and Halo 3 is gonna have any impact when BF:BC comes out.. If you compare the hype between this and Cod 4 and Halo 3.. BF:BC ain't even close to their level...

But who knows, maybe the popularity of BF:BC suprises us all...

Comment

I understand what you mean Stone, i havent really seen any advertising for BF:BC, Australia are advertising it as on the PC and when i told them in the stores they looked at me like i was stupid :shakehead:

Comment

My 2 cents on this CoD4 vs BFBC issue. I'm sure some of the CoD4 crowd will carry over to BFBC, it's just a given any time a new game comes out some of the players will move over. However, BFBC is a combined arms objective based game that puts a major focus on teamwork and communication (which makes the squad chat choices perplexing) while running around large maps. CoD4 is a small, run-n-gun killfest.

I don't forsee BFBC hitting the level of CoD4, but I expect to see it up there. Maybe if EA/DICE put forth some more advertising to the casual market (TV commercials, more magazine adverts.) Right now I see it pushed to the "hardcore" market (Battlefield vets and fps addicts.)

Then again, I didn't expect CoD4 to unseat Halo 3. All I know is I loved BF2 and BF2142 and I love this demo.

Comment

Maybe OR maybe not i am not to sure. never owned a next gen console before don't know how the community will react. But if its like the computer community then sweet fook all will change

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                I understand what you mean Stone, i havent really seen any advertising for BF:BC, Australia are advertising it as on the PC and when i told them in the stores they looked at me like i was stupid :shakehead:
                I haven't seen any advertising either... But atleast one of the local gamestores here knew that this was coming to consoles..

So i really don't think that this will be the "Cod4 killer"...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                  I haven't seen any advertising either... But atleast one of the local gamestores here knew that this was coming to consoles..
                  I've seen an advert for it on Sky One. :yay:
                  EA has an ad deal with them it would seem. There's always a Simpsons one before Futurama.

Comment

Originally posted by therealmat
                    I've seen an advert for it on Sky One. :yay:
                    EA has an ad deal with them it would seem. There's always a Simpsons one before Futurama.
                    Speaking of ads...

Has anyone noticed the billboards in the demo?

I saw them first time yesterday... There's one at the roof with the gold crate at the streets base(i think).. But it ain't like in BF2142(huge billboard), it's just small one leaning to some crates.. And it says about the demo unlock. "Reach the 4th rank to unlock a gun in the full game"...

But maybe that's just the demo version... Maybe they are different in the full game, and i hope that you can get points for destroying them...

Comment

Yea i saw that, i also saw one about the Veteran thing they are going to be running.

I'm not surprised alot of people haven't seen them. All it takes is a rogue tank shell, demo rocket, or grenade launcher and its gone for the round. :thumbsup:

Comment

^^

Yeah... Finally you can destroy them...

Comment

I read in one of the DICE interviews on B:BC that they do have the support for ads in the game but they decide who they want to advertise. Otherwise they will use they will use the system as it is being used now; to inform the community about events and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Spl1nter View Post
                            I read in one of the DICE interviews on B:BC that they do have the support for ads in the game but they decide who they want to advertise. Otherwise they will use they will use the system as it is being used now; to inform the community about events and such.
                            Im pretty sure that we will be seeing "iron man in theaters now!" kinda ads too, along with the messages for community...

Comment

i hope this game does kill CoD4. i dont like CoD4 cause its so easy, theres no challenge. BF:BC FTW! CoD4 FTL!

Comment

Working...
                              X