Half way there... sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Half way there... sigh

You can rack up quite a score with a good pilot. I once got up to like 70 points in half a round of suez because I was gunning for a really good pilot.

Comment

i guess it's not whether the pilot is "good", but whether he's willing to give you the looks. meaning he will hover for you to pick off infantry or line you up for TV missile shots, things like that. it probably means sacrificing his score a bit and also taking bigger risks. the gunner however has to be decent himself so that the pilot can trust him. countless times i hover at a silo so that gunner can pick off the infantry only to have him fiddle with the TV missile and get shot down by a pilum.

and then there are pilots who fly so fast and twist and turn so often that you can never get a shot off at anything. they're more into showing off their manuverability skills rather than working as a team, trying to fly under or between every structure and even getting us killed in doing so.

Comment

If the gunner is solid with the TV i'd much rather him take out infantry while we're moving with the TV, that way I don't have to wait for him to get the gun kill. Some gunners are pretty quick with the gun, but even with them I have to focus on what they're doing rather than what I should be doing, so I much prefer my gunners to use the TV for all targets.

Comment

hey does changing aircraft sensitivity in the options actually change the TV missle sensitivity too? or no?

Comment

Originally posted by CTFalcon View Post
            If the gunner is solid with the TV i'd much rather him take out infantry while we're moving with the TV, that way I don't have to wait for him to get the gun kill. Some gunners are pretty quick with the gun, but even with them I have to focus on what they're doing rather than what I should be doing, so I much prefer my gunners to use the TV for all targets.
            i'm going to have to disagree with you there. unless you are TV missiling infantry from far away, it's much easier to pick off infantry with the chain gun. if there are 5 infantry soldiers around a silo trying to cap it or defend it, how would it be more effective with the missile? you can easily pick them off with the chain gun which gets into the nooks and crannies and has crazy splash damage. the missile on the other hand has to be guided, reloaded, all the while limiting your field of view. the chain gun was made to shred up infantry like there's no tomorrow, and i don't see how the TV missile is better at that.

Originally posted by Field View Post
            hey does changing aircraft sensitivity in the options actually change the TV missle sensitivity too? or no?
            i've heard that's actually controlled by land vehicle sensitivity. not 100% positive though.

Comment

TV Missile is bound to INFANTRY controls.

Comment

I'm not talking about the ease of use of gun vs. TV missile, I'm talking from a pilot's standpoint it makes my job easier if you use the TV missile rather than having me stay close to a silo to use the gun.

As to TV sensitivity, it's controlled by your land vehicle sensitivity.

Comment

tv's are indeed bound to land vehicle controls mate

Comment

As to TV sensitivity, it's controlled by your land vehicle sensitivity.
                    Thats weird, because TV Controls (mouse-movement) is controlled by your infantry controls...

Comment

I'm not talking about the ease of use of gun vs. TV missile, I'm talking from a pilot's standpoint it makes my job easier if you use the TV missile rather than having me stay close to a silo to use the gun.
                      yeah, maybe from the pilot's standpoint, but it's still not very effective to battle infantry with TV. the gunship is going to stay out of harm's way more but you guys won't be piling up as many kills.

Comment

Well I figure I'm doing a better job if I can stay in the air longer rather than get knocked down waiting for my gunner to mop up some infantry kills, difference of opinions I guess.

Comment

Well I figure I'm doing a better job if I can stay in the air longer rather than get knocked down waiting for my gunner to mop up some infantry kills, difference of opinions I guess.
                          hehe well that's because you're a pilot. but i'm speaking from the standpoint of the gunner needing to get a lot of kills...cheaply... (so that i can finally get my medal).

that means i'd rather be 50-5 than be 35-0 in a round.

you're either a pilot for yourself or pilot for the gunner, hard to be both i guess.

Comment

Fly Solo and not worry about a gunner at all?

If you want a real challenge, teach yourself to use the gunner CHAINGUN while flying. Its hard (sorta...) to learn, but you can save yourself a bunch of TVs with it

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                              Fly Solo and not worry about a gunner at all?

If you want a real challenge, teach yourself to use the gunner CHAINGUN while flying. Its hard (sorta...) to learn, but you can save yourself a bunch of TVs with it
                              I've been doing that recently, agreed, is difficult given you have to lead the bullets and compensate for your falling, but if you get a good angle of approach given a bit of luck and accuracy you can be a bit devastating

Comment

Well if kill farming is your goal I recommend learning how to solo lol. But if you want to be a successful gunship team then you should work with your pilot to keep yourselves alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X