• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which one is better?

Originally posted by [WS] KillerStickMan
    fo sho = for sure = the 4850 is the best for sure

i would go with the 4850 also
    Do you mean the ATI Radeon HD4850 if so its very expensive and i cant affoard it... im getting the 9800GT its cheaper.

Comment

Well depending on which version of the 9800GT you get, overclocked or w/e, it's at most $40 more for a quite a bit better card.

edit

yes, we meant the ATI HD4850

Comment

Well depending on which version of the 9800GT you get, overclocked or w/e, it's at most $40 more for a quite a bit better card.

edit

yes, we meant the ATI HD4850
        Which one is better: the overclocked or W/E

Comment

Are you asking that for the 4850 or the 9800? And the overclocked is obviously better, but I wouldn't bother getting it unless it's $10 or less more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] KillerStickMan View Post
            Are you asking that for the 4850 or the 9800? And the overclocked is obviously better, but I wouldn't bother getting it unless it's $10 or less more expensive.
            I meant the 9800...
            Now I wanna run GTA IV.
            I was watching a video for IV and i asked the uploader of the video about this computer, if it can run it on high graphics settings with no lag, so he said no I will only run it on medium settings is that true or what?
            and why is that?

Comment

GTA IV is VERY demanding. An ATI HD4870 card (which is one of the best available) will really struggle with the game on highest settings.

But I wouldn't worry too much, you don't have to play the game on highest settings you know?

If your choice is between a 4850 or the 9800, go with the 4850.

Comment

If you want to get good performance in GTA IV you need a good CPU. Graphics card isn't as important.

In other games the graphics card is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
                  If you want to get good performance in GTA IV you need a good CPU. Graphics card isn't as important.

In other games the graphics card is more important.
                  Yeah but the E8400 is one of the best CPU's availble isn't it?

Comment

No, not one of the best. It's a mid range part, but good performance/price ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
                      GTA IV is VERY demanding. An ATI HD4870 card (which is one of the best available) will really struggle with the game on highest settings.

But I wouldn't worry too much, you don't have to play the game on highest settings you know?

If your choice is between a 4850 or the 9800, go with the 4850.
                      But as i said before the HD4850 is expensive it costs about 300$ however the 9800GT costs about 200$

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                      No, not one of the best. It's a mid range part, but good performance/price ratio.
                      Sorry I meant it's one from the best Dual core CPU's available.

Comment

Yea, it's one of the best dual core parts.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy_eila
                          But as i said before the HD4850 is expensive it costs about 300$ however the 9800GT costs about 200$

Sorry I meant it's one from the best Dual core CPU's available.
                          Where do you live? Because if that's in USD (United States Dollars) you need to find somewhere else to shop. Australia maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy_eila
                            I am gonna buy a new PC, i found 2 good PCs but i don't know which one is better, so i want your help.
                            First PC:
                            Processor: Intel Core 2 duo E8400 3.0GHz
                            RAM: 2GB DDR2 RAM
                            Video card: nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB VRAM
                            HD: 320GB
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------Second PC:
                            Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
                            RAM: 2GB DDR2 RAM
                            Video card: nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB of VRAM
                            HD: 320GB
                            I'm gonna use the PC for gaming.(they both cost the same price)
                            i had nearly the same choice when i was chooseing and i wen twith the quad and overclocked the crap outa it...the core2quad is the future yanno...

Comment

Originally posted by theminx
                              i had nearly the same choice when i was chooseing and i wen twith the quad and overclocked the crap outa it...the core2quad is the future yanno...
                              Oh yeah.
                              I got a game that it needs a processor 2.4GHz ( Test drive unlimited ) but in dual core processor it needs 1.8GHz so in quad core it will need less than that.... right?:thumbsup:

Comment

Where do you live? Because if that's in USD (United States Dollars) you need to find somewhere else to shop. Australia maybe?
                                Surely that can't be USD, unless he's shopping at OfficeMax or something.

Originally posted by rudy_eila View Post
                                Oh yeah.
                                I got a game that it needs a processor 2.4GHz ( Test drive unlimited ) but in dual core processor it needs 1.8GHz so in quad core it will need less than that.... right?:thumbsup:
                                No. (ohno) That's not how multi-core processors work. Only if the game is multi-threaded then you will see a definite improvement from 2 to 4 cores.

Comment

Working...
                                X