Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People WANT bad commanders.

I need to expand on this idea.

This is the proof that the human race rewards stupidity and punishes honest-to-goodness effort.

Suez Canal Conquest. I'm on EU side. The commander's fighting along with us and trying to give intel at the same time, but he's doing too much of the former, and not enough of the latter.

Result: we lose our main base six times and nobody ever saw it coming. It's the commander's job to alert of where the enemy is, and he failed at this. Hardcore.

As the round ends, I let the commander know, in hardly minced words, that his performance was less than stellar.

His reply: "well, we did win."

Stop right there.

Stop right there.

You are not God. You are not playing a RTS where only your decisions have an effect. You think the entire team is riding on your shoulders and that you are the most important man in the match. False. A good soldier can contribute a whole lot more than you. The three stars, of which I was silver, we managed to demolish the enemy all on our own without intel. Had it been not for us, your team would've gotten capped out in five minutes, tops. But you don't see that. You won the match, so you automatically assume it's because your commanding was perfect. You are a complete idiot.

Next round, I get another commander. This time, we're in business. Dude takes shelter into a tank at the main base to save it. He spots the enemies. He gives UAVs all the time. He lets me know supplies are ready for my walker. I tell him via teamchat to get a mike and enable VoIP - if he does this, he'll be an awesome and reliable guy to have around.

MUTINY CALL

That's right. You heard me. My team is trying to mutiny a perfectly good commander.

11 votes needed. 8 PEOPLE VOTED YES.

For those of you who were still wondering why no one ever wants to be commander in even the most dire of situations, it's because of this. Commanders are masochists. Commanders know they'll get mutinied on sight if they do anything right. Battlefield has created a culture of useless point farmers who suck too much at the game to earn their score by themselves, so they take up commanding in order to leech points off the rest of us. And that's exactly what everyone else wants. Because they think that commander who spot and give supplies are idiots. Instead of thanking him for dropping an orb-strike on an enemy APC, they instead rush in with demopacks in hand to score a point and then punish the commander for the teamkill.

Next time you click the apply button, ask yourself the following question:

Do you really deserve to torture yourself that much?

Re: People WANT bad commanders.

i suck off good commanders, awesome. play on a server without callvotes or mutinies... win win

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDawkins View Post
      i suck off good commanders, awesome. play on a server without callvotes or mutinies... win win
      but then u get sucky commanders....
      ya, i deal with this too.... whenever i command, and i am voted off by some other guy who thinks he can do better, usually he is fighting and not giving intel or orbitals, while we suffer horribly..... i always evade the enemy (when EU- i dont have to evade when im PAC) and throw up UAVs and orbitals, as well as give supplies- NOT only when people request it! and i spot- a ton- i am always looking for enemy snipers, which is very valuable... i wish others could do the same...

Comment

Yeah I get mutinies all the time. There's alot of d*** a$$****s out there.... tssssk...

Comment

I could care less really if the commanders bad, as long as he doesn't spam me with orders or get all fussy over VoIP I'm fine with him. It's nice when they at least UAV, so sometimes I just ask for that and if its not some AFK noob I get it. Getting them to spot the last guy is rather hard though.

Comment

When I take command, I take pride in my job.:salute: I command first and if I can snipe to tip the balance in our favor then I will. I command first by dropping more supply boxes than UPS and FED EX combined. I do not send snipers to cap a silo, as if he is obviously sniping than why send a vulnerable asset to get killed? I try to asses the risk factor before I send someone in. I provide sat tracks and UAV's continuously.

Comment

a little off topic....but i stopped being a SL because of commanders and constantly making new orders. theres never a time when i hit page up and didnt die as a result x.x

the OP does make sense to me since i only see people in commander for 2x pts or its an empty position.

Comment

Originally posted by Non-Gypsy
                a little off topic....but i stopped being a SL because of commanders and constantly making new orders. theres never a time when i hit page up and didnt die as a result x.x

the OP does make sense to me since i only see people in commander for 2x pts or its an empty position.
                I play both commander or squad leader when I feel like going out and killing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Non-Gypsy
                  Agreed - There's nothing I hate more than having a squad full of point-hungry brigadier generals who are constantly spamming 'Orders, Sir?'. I know full well that when I go to set an order I'll get someone run round the corner in front of me, so I let myself get killed while kicking them from the squad instead :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by =TAU-CL= flanker1121 View Post
                    Agreed - There's nothing I hate more than having a squad full of point-hungry brigadier generals who are constantly spamming 'Orders, Sir?'. I know full well that when I go to set an order I'll get someone run round the corner in front of me, so I let myself get killed while kicking them from the squad instead :laugh:
                    Order are proof to me that the SL actually knows how to do his job properly and realizes he's got people to direct to a certain point. Otherwise every member of the squad is spread out all over the map and gets nothing done. When I look at a squad on the scoreboard to assess its quality, I look at the SL success point count. The higher it is, the more likely those guys have acted on orders and gotten stuff done. And if I issue an order to a squad and the guy refuses or times-out on it, I want him to have the decency to explain why.

I don't know where exactly you choose to take cover to issue your orders, but the times I've been shot at while placing one have been very, very, very few and far in-between. It doesn't take a genius to point towards an icon on the 3D map and issue an order. Hell, once you get the hang of it, you can go it in a snap while in a FAV and having no target reticle to guide yourself upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
                      Battlefield has created a culture of useless point farmers who suck too much at the game to earn their score by themselves, so they take up commanding in order to leech points off the rest of us. And that's exactly what everyone else wants. Because they think that commander who spot and give supplies are idiots. Instead of thanking him for dropping an orb-strike on an enemy APC, they instead rush in with demopacks in hand to score a point and then punish the commander for the teamkill.
                      YES! YES! YES! That describes this community full of retards entirely and those ridiculous statistic signatures perpetuate that garbage.

Excellent post Shurikane. You slam dunked it. :salute:

Comment

I think whats worse is the fact that the more experienced players continually and without fail join the winning team... on every server it seems one team is full of totally inexperienced and retarded players while the other is full of BG's and uber vehicle whores.

If you've put 50 - 100 days worth of play into this game (thats alot as far as I'm concerned) you're obviously going to be better, practise makes perfect no matter how retarded you are in the real world or how much you suck at sports.

So... give a little thought to that poor newbie you just shot in the back as he spawned.

Comment

More often than not, winners remain in the game, while losers quit en masse. That means the match that follows is even more of a massacre.

The reality is that it takes very few to actually win a game. Put up a good squad of as few as four people together, and they can wipe out the entire map on their own with disconcerting ease. Most people who play the game are just so amazingly bad at it that it doesn't take much to become a killing machine. There are three guys I team up with sometimes - they've all got a mike and we give precise info to each other. Unless the opposing team has a similar squad, we completely destroy everything in our path like they were a bunch of miserable ants.

But then, you see what the n00bs do.

True story:

I'm in the middle of a Suez Canal Conquest game, EU side. I'm in a battlewalker and am preparing to sneak up on an enemy tank and APC taking potshots at the Oil Fields (AKA, silo 1 in Titan mode.) In the distance, I see a second tank coming up.

I change my mind and prepare to retreat... And lose connection to the EA master server.

I log back in and rejoin the same game.

I see the two tanks and APC still firing away at the Oil Fields. The battlewalker is a mere twenty feet away from them.

Unmanned.

It's no wonder the PAC lost the game by a humiliating margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
                            More often than not, winners remain in the game, while losers quit en masse. That means the match that follows is even more of a massacre.

The reality is that it takes very few to actually win a game. Put up a good squad of as few as four people together, and they can wipe out the entire map on their own with disconcerting ease. Most people who play the game are just so amazingly bad at it that it doesn't take much to become a killing machine. There are three guys I team up with sometimes - they've all got a mike and we give precise info to each other. Unless the opposing team has a similar squad, we completely destroy everything in our path like they were a bunch of miserable ants.
                            Such apparitions appear once in a blue moon for a puby like me. I get by on my own though, most of the time any squad I try and 'work with' is a total hinderance.

Comment

one of the funny things about mutinies is that when a commander gets kicked from his position, nobody commands to take the old commander's place. even the person who started the vote doesn't command.:shakehead:

Comment

Working...
                              X