X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingulfin
    replied
    Re: People WANT bad commanders.

As a Titan commander, I either pick the silo closest to my titan and defend it with RDX/APMs+Zeller or I sit in the Titan AAs.

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

I don't find any point being commander in titan mode. No one follows orders...

What you can do at most is to supply rooftop snipers and EMP strike few tanks or APCs.

UAV is mostly used on Titan, without orbital strike, commanders can't really kill except manning AA guns or barrage cannons.

Leave a comment:

• Shurikane
    replied

If the enemy commander is halfway intelligent, he'll have already sought cover somewhere right at the beginning of the match.

Leave a comment:

• Tehb2
    replied

I don't see too many mutinee calls go through, but then again, I turn off my ability to vote. It seems that the people I want to kick cant get kicked, either from lack of voting or because they probably admin the server - abuse of power I say.

Anyways, I agree, using the commander position for pts is stupid. Even if I do bad, I feel good at the end if my team wins, and if I do great, but my team loses, I feel bad. My strategies are to win the round, and do the best I can to help achieve that goal, whether I get a medal in the end or not (although this strategy usually leads to high rankings). The worst thing is when a commander fails to support the team (what his job is supposed to be anyway - support team) with supplies, airstrikes, and spotting the enemies that need to be spotted (such as those sneaky bastards trying to sneak past everyone).

Anyone ever play commander and pick on the other commander with the occasional orbital on his position? I know that might seem uncool (I haven't done it in months, and never did it much anyway), but maybe its an easy way to disrupt the enemies command support, and its kinda funny to watch him either A, try to hide, or B, try to orbital me (I always command from a well protected location, and this is one of several reasons why...). Just a survey...

Leave a comment:

• -Shifty-
    replied

Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
    When I take command, I take pride in my job.:salute: I command first and if I can snipe to tip the balance in our favor then I will. I command first by dropping more supply boxes than UPS and FED EX combined. I do not send snipers to cap a silo, as if he is obviously sniping than why send a vulnerable asset to get killed? I try to asses the risk factor before I send someone in. I provide sat tracks and UAV's continuously.
    That's what a good commander is folks!

The only problem with your method is most squad leaders will accept the order and just go do something else. If the commander is good then everybody should listen to him because he's best placed to say if there's a threat in the area and that you should try and capture something else. They'll also spot threats like Walkers and Gunships out so that other pilots or Engineers can take them out.

Leave a comment:

• Snigel
    Guest replied

The real problem with all this vote kick is that it's too easy to vote yes and it's too hard to actually get somebody kicked.
    Think of this; make it a lot of more effort to kick somebody and let it require perhaps half of the votes required today. The result would probably be that more morons are kicked and less regular guys because of "I press YES because I can"

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

Like many other games with a commanding figure. People get annoyed at the tactically correct orders and hate the sound of "Strike this position" or "Defend this position" or "We need more people on the ground!"

I enjoy seeing a commander doing his job and sometimes in Titan matches. The command mans the AA guns and titan barrage cannons and defend the titan. They are great commanders. Even if we lose, it's not the commander's fault as if he gave tactically correct orders and we chose not to follow it, that's how we lose!

Like many already mentioned, having a commander or not doesn't matter to many. A good repectable player who communicates and humors his team will usually win the round; even if they lose, no one would blame the fault on them.

Leave a comment:

• Sir. AAK625
    replied

:locked:

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Did this thread need to be bumped :|:

PS: I thought we already established that votes of any kind RARELY ever succeed.

Leave a comment:

• the_Mr.Ree
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
    Yeah I get mutinies all the time. There's alot of d*** a$$****s out there.... tssssk...
    I know how you feel. Once, someone tried to mutiny me for DENYING HIS UAV REQUEST. :jawdrop: Luckily, the vote failed miserably after i called him on this.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Field
    replied

yeah clan matches you get so much spot checking its annoying

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

I fight when I command, but never on the front lines (unless its Titan). On titan mode, I normally find a central location (but one thats not close to any flag) and use the SAAW while my assets are recharging. On conquest, I normally try to steal an enemy vehicle (such as a valuable FAV on Gibraltar) and then bring it to a rear base and defend the base using said vehicle.

Your troops DON'T need babysitting, they need assets deployed. Even if you try to babysit them, all it will do is piss them off... A clan scrim is when it is acceptable to try and direct your squads, because your troops will listen to you.

Leave a comment:

• Shurikane
    replied

Most likely because a fighting commander can't keep an eye on his troops. It's virtually impossible for a commander to command and fight at the same time. There is no way in hell the CO can join the frontlines under normal pub conditions. If you're with a bunch of miked and very competent people - or in a clan scrim, you can afford to do that, but most teams require you to play nanny on them so that they don't run headfirst into an ambush the size of Russia. The most the CO should do is get into a Titan gun to flak a silo under attack, or sit near the rearmost flag to guard it and buy his team some time while reinforcements arrive. There's a whole lot of things you can do, command-wise, while your assets are recharging. Like spot-checks. Almost nobody spot-checks. If I arrive near a flag, and the UAV is active elsewhere, I'd like to know if the point is clear, thank you very much. The only time a commander should get on the ground and start running all over the place is near the end of a neck-to-neck Titan match where one silo cap may end the game.

There's also a bunch of servers that forbid fighting commanders and don't want to see him get out of his base at all. Basically, they're saying "You're all too stupid to know when to command and when to fight, so we've had to make a law for you." Honestly, they're in their full right to do that. Those who don't have such a rule get gunship commanders 24/7. When someone doesn't do his job, I've taken a habit of calling mutiny on him as often as I can until it's either successful or he gets fed up and leaves.

Leave a comment:

• hooahguy
    Guest replied

LOL OWNED

Leave a comment:

• imported_Field
    replied

LOL OWNED

Leave a comment:

Working...