Perfect recon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perfect recon

Counter sniping ftw, just don't forget to soften up other enemy troops so your teammates can finish them off with a quick bullet sprinkle. As a defender, you may be forced to fire from obvious sniping locations, so therefore have friendly medics nearby.

As for recons going on the offensive, active camo is one of your best friends. I mainly use it to stay invisible from random enemy observers while traversing open ground or for closing the distance into carbine/rdx range. Its also good for getting out of enemy crosshairs and for confusing enemies that are trying to find you. If you do have the misfortune of getting dangerously close to an enemy while under camo, try going prone and remaining motionless.

Keep in mind that camo only reduces your odds of being seen. Stealth requires adopting a play style of using distractions, concealment, movement planning to avoid heavy traffic and other attention-attracting locations, perhaps even movement disipline since sudden movements is easily seen from the distance and footsteps can be heard if you move too quickly near enemies.

Comment

which is more useful: APM mines or RDX?
      when i get the active camo, im going to have to choose between them....

Comment

I would prefer apm over rdx cause after i have layed out an apm to defend my flag or defendig me while i am taking a flag, I can still use the carbine.
        If i had choosen rdx i would not have been able to use the carbine at the same time,making me an easier target. However if you are not taking any flags and want to destroy walkers,cars etc then choose rdx.
        If you want to lay traps i would choose apm over rdx, placing an apm instead of an rdx gives me more mobility. But if you want to make sure you enemy dies (in case they are good at crouching at apm spots) then choose rdx.

APM

UPS
        -gives you more mobility as you don`t need to watch over it after you have placed it out.

-Can be used as a warning system.

-Can defend your flags

-Can defend you while you are taking a flag

DOWNS
        -Enemies can evade it by crouching or go prone

RDX

UPS
        -Makes sure your enemy die when you push the button at the right time.

-Large blast radius

-Can destroy walkers,cars,apcs,tanks,gunships,transportships,in fantry and commander assets.

-Can defend your flags.

-Can defend you while taking a flag but with the exspense of no carbine

DOWNS
        -You need to camp in order to make sure you kill your target, giving you little mobility.

-When using it, you cannot use any other weapon.

Comment

ok then, considering im always on the move, i guess it will be APM.... they seem more useful anyhow....

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
            When i get the active camo, im going to have to choose between them....
            Don`t have too high expectations of the active camo. It is very cool the first time you get it but that does not mean you can just run up to people without them seeing you.
            Active camo makes noise and it gives you UP to 90% invisibility, it does not grant you 90%

To make the active camo work best I would advice you to take BandoIruka`s advice.

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
            If you do have the misfortune of getting dangerously close to an enemy while under camo, try going prone and remaining motionless.

Keep in mind that camo only reduces your odds of being seen. Stealth requires adopting a play style of using distractions, concealment, movement planning to avoid heavy traffic and other attention-attracting locations, perhaps even movement disipline since sudden movements is easily seen from the distance and footsteps can be heard if you move too quickly near enemies.

Comment

APMs for setting up quick explosive traps so you can divert your attention somewhere else while RDX are for things that require much more firepower to take down.

I usually stick with RDXes since i often play titan maps and there will always be some vehicle that will park itself around a silo. But whatever suits the situation.

Theres already a few tricks floating around the forums involving clever usage of explosives from putting APMs around medkits and ammo boxes to RDXes on the low ceilings in the titan. My favourite is laying RDXs into a neat inconspicuous pile so it looks like its just one rather than all 5 of them packed together. It's easier to hide and is less noticable.

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
                which is more useful: APM mines or RDX?
                when i get the active camo, im going to have to choose between them....
                Depends on how you like to play. If you want the extra kills without having to keep an eye on things, go with the APMs. Set 'em, forget 'em and get on with shooting enemies in the meantime.

If you like planting traps for vehicles, or getting points for blowing up command assets, though, you're going to need the RDX. I also like planting RDX around flags & silos and then go off on my merry way. If I see/hear a message about that given flag/silo being neutralized, I'll blow the RDX and maybe get a few kills and defense points.

Comment

RDX all the way.

Comment

Active camo's great on very 'dense' maps. Definitely far from perfect though. I was playing around on Belgrade in the central area where it's fairly heavily wooded with the Ghost and Active camo. It is far from perfect, again, but with all the chaos of a battle going on, you can do quite a lot of damage and that was only foolin' around with the knife! You can play around with other things, too.. Like knife someone and camp their body with your camo on.. and knife the defibber..

But that's only one situation I'd use that type of combo. Otherwise, I generally take on the role of Sniper and little else. I pack on RDX and APMs and plant the APMs on the entrances to my position and start looking for other snipers, then anything else that happens to see or not see me. I try not to stay in scope unless I'm about to take a shot. I don't go for a headshot if other people are shooting at that person.

I could really stand to use RDX more for anti-personnel reasons but it requires taking down my sniper rifle! I generally use RDX when I see a vehicle stalled by mines or when they start 'turretting' and stand still. (Walkers are very guilty of that)

I run up to the walker by using cover first. If the walker sees me advancing AT ALL. I GIVE UP UNTIL HE LOSES INTEREST IN ME. A lot of RDX tossers are suicide runners and lots of them come out of narrow hallways near buildings you stop by just for a second.. Another RDX use? Carbomb. Basic, but never hurts to remind people of all your options.

So those are areas where Recon can be useful. You may say that knifing is detrimental to the team, but if you are repeatedly successful, then it has a psychological impact on people in terms of revenge. And if you're a jerk, you can take full advantage of that when they pull out their knife from 20 meters away and charge at you by pulling out your guns.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanNao View Post
                      So those are areas where Recon can be useful. You may say that knifing is detrimental to the team, but if you are repeatedly successful, then it has a psychological impact on people in terms of revenge. And if you're a jerk, you can take full advantage of that when they pull out their knife from 20 meters away and charge at you by pulling out your guns.
                      So the recon can also distract the enemy mentaly,lol. I never thought of that.
                      Yet again though a very subtle way of helping your team as your teammates won`t even notice your effect and what contribution you are bringing to the team.

I mean, if you destroy the commander assets (which is very useful) your team wont have a notification off that.
                      When you have defended a flag with an apm or rdx,they might think you "only" killed someone.

Comment

the perfect recon is a dead recon. R.I.P. rdx spamming wh0re

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDawkins View Post
                          the perfect recon is a dead recon. R.I.P. rdx spamming wh0re
                          erh...well, I partly agree,rdx spammers ****s up the recon,but when they don`t have any other choice I am cool with it. But i can`t stand people using it all the time.

Comment

stop playing on friendly fire servers then. RDX spammers aren't too bad if you are smart to see the traps they set up. Its not like they can throw their explosives very far..

Comment

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
                              Its not like they can throw their explosives very far..
                              Unlike BF2 patch 1.3

Man was that hilarious or not :laugh:

Ontopic: I'd go with RDX anyday now. Much more versatile than APM's and it's so much fun to blow up a whole flag being taken over.

Comment

oh don't reminde me of 1.3. That was a terrible period of bf2 filled with frustration and rage quitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X