Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has given up on points here?

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
    Anyone can find out that the game reaches a new level of fun when you stop worrying about the ribbons, ranks, and other stats crap.
    That's pretty subjective though.

Of course, I've had an amazing amount of fun with TF2 and its just about a polar opposite to the BF games.

Comment

always play for fun. Teamwork and winning is most important to me. If you get a good squad the points flow very easily. I have pretty good stats and never went out of my way to do anything to inflate them. I just play the game.

Comment

I stopped worrying about points pretty much once I was max rank. There are still a lot of the ribbons and metal I don't have (pretty much anything related to being commander, or using the pistol/knife). I used to sweat my ranking with the pilum, especially once I hit #2. I spent about 3 weeks trying to catch the #1 guy. Played the worst games I've had, because I was trying to hard. So I forgot about it an just played. Last time I checked I was still some where around #5 even tho I'm not trying. I've fallen back in love with titan offense of late, and I'm playing less ground game so it's hurting my numbers. Who cares tho, if I keep it up I might get that knife badge after all

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
        Stats baby

I have gotten most of the awards (TWICE), maintained a K/D of 2/1 and kept my W/L above 4/1. I've hit Brig twice, got Luit. General and kept it for a month and played more than 1,500 hours.

However thats not the whole reason I play this game. Right now I mostly only play when my clan mates are on, or I am making a video. However if I am playing alone (IE without buddies or clan mates online) I play for stats.
        Oh yea and I almost forgot. Revenge is a dish best served cold. That knife you stuck between my ribs a few weeks ago should be good and chilly by now. Better tuck those tags in extra tight, it's be a shame to lose them

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
          Anyone can find out that the game reaches a new level of fun when you stop worrying about the ribbons, ranks, and other stats crap.
          Maybe so, however I am a goal oriented person. The way I have fun is by setting an obtainable goal, something I can see and observe... The process of going for said goal is fun, and the achievement gives me even more satisfaction :thumbsup: If I didn't play for the stats, ie living round by round, I would have tired out of this game a LONG time ago. I can keep on playing it, because I still see stuff coming at me.

Comment

yeah stats add to this game for me as well. its nice to see that your gaming acheivements are tracked and obervable. the process of acheieving though will always be the best part by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarious View Post
              Oh yea and I almost forgot. Revenge is a dish best served cold. That knife you stuck between my ribs a few weeks ago should be good and chilly by now. Better tuck those tags in extra tight, it's be a shame to lose them
              :dead:

I'm waiting.

Comment

stop being obsessed with knifing one person once or twice. its petty.

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                  stop being obsessed with knifing one person once or twice. its petty.
                  You would never survive at FG or in L13, its all about who's got who's tags I am not obsessed with this game in any way, and I don't think Zarious is either. Its just another way we have fun

Comment

Dogtags are the best addition to BF2142 imo. It's like a mini-game inside the larger game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                      You would never survive at FG or in L13, its all about who's got who's tags I am not obsessed with this game in any way, and I don't think Zarious is either. Its just another way we have fun
                      When FG/GS was at it's prime, he would lose his tags to atleast three people the first day he registered.

Agreed, knifing is just another way of having fun, just like roadkills.

Also, about the stats issue, I 100% opine that without stats this game would have gotten old a long time ago. For example, I just got one ribbon and one gold NS badge giving me my upgraded camo and upgraded pks, now I only have one unlock left, which if I ever feel like sitting in the turd for 30 more minutes will be fun to unlock.

I'm at the point where I want to make a new soldier just to make things even more fun, like getting from recruit to brigadier in a month. :laugh:

Comment

i agree with feild boy all the threads on here turn on to whos knifed who lol

Comment

Well for me, I don't really play much anymore since I have moved onto CoD4 and TF2, but when I DO play, since it feels so slow, I run around and knife, or RDX spam. But mainly I fly around in a pod and kill people with it. I got one hell of a K/D in a pod.

This website is for sale! 2142-stats.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 2142-stats.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I've just managed to reach a 3.0 K/D ratio overall using the Baur almost exclusively, I play some of the other kits occasionally. Play mostly on Port Bavaria and the other NS maps, Camp Gibralter features heavily (like 20%) but that was when I first started, never ever play it now, it's ****.

I applaud other non vehicle high K/Ders... well obviously the ones that don't RDX spam or 'nade choke points for a living, etc.

What I find so hard to believe it how much some people play... 100-200 days!!? Since the game has been out thats literally all your spare time after work and on weekends. They must have the skin texture of mushrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by .:S:. TSlaw
                              Well for me, I don't really play much anymore since I have moved onto CoD4 and TF2, but when I DO play, since it feels so slow, I run around and knife, or RDX spam. But mainly I fly around in a pod and kill people with it. I got one hell of a K/D in a pod.

http://2142-stats.com/TSlaw+stats.html
                              I used to be top 17 with the drop pod, and I'm still pretty high up there. Squishing infantry is a hobby of mine Although I must admit my k/d with it is half of yours (it used to be around 20 but I stopped using it as much recently in favour of flying and other aspects of titan player). Kudos... although given your small amount of time played to kills with pod... do you podsurf much? I don't :P

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
                                I used to be top 17 with the drop pod, and I'm still pretty high up there. Squishing infantry is a hobby of mine Although I must admit my k/d with it is half of yours (it used to be around 20 but I stopped using it as much recently in favour of flying and other aspects of titan player). Kudos... although given your small amount of time played to kills with pod... do you podsurf much? I don't :P
                                I was once banned for "Being superman" if that answers your question

Comment

Working...
                                X