Who has given up on points here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has given up on points here?

tbh I used to be a stats whore, used to play camp g and titan almost exclusively to get a crap load of kills, used to average out at near the top of the leader board, getting gimped by some commander with 2X points bumping my medal down.

Point being, recently I have found this game so much fun just screwing around, got some friends on and we all get into transports and play who can do the stupidest stunt and live game ect. tampa is brilliant for it, so is suez.

Any way just inquiring who else has gotten fed up of the stats system? I mean it does make you look like crap, im getting like 0.1kdr per round but damn its fun.

Re: Who has given up on points here?

im having fun when im killing and not being killed.

the stats system is one of the reasons i continue to play this game on top of this game being really fun.

Comment

I still play for points and stats. I am using a new character so trying to get my accuracy over 30% and a 2/1 w.l.r.

However I am playing 1.5 at the moment so cocking around a bit.

Comment

I've taken to learning how to put myself in better situations to knife people. It's usually best on chaotic servers on very open/complex maps. Belgrade was where I tested the idea of using Recon w/ Camo+Ghost to stalk slow-moving squads while they took over the buildings you can enter.

Doing things like camping dead bodies in hopes of a medic appearing and earning a new dogtag helped. Picking the targets is difficult still. I was going to experiment with knifing someone and camo-ing on their dead body but it's hard to come up with new ideas 'in the moment'...

My points per minute statistic dropped pretty sharply after trying to knife.

Comment

I've had some really successful knifing rounds on CG/Cerbere. I once got 56 (either that or 51) knife kills IAR on a CG server (NOT KNIFE ONLY fyi) by active camoing around..

It all depends on the server and the players in it..high ping is death for obvious reasons, and quite often the flags are balanced just the wrong way to be able to knife effectively.

You don't need to be decent at knife fighting - I'm terrible at that but I'm good at outwitting people..after a bit of practice you'll find that most people out there are the same - they'll go to the same chokepoints and take the same cover. Most players seldom check their backs..

Anyway, if you want knife tips talk to slaney :laugh:

Comment

I don't really care about points anymore from a stat collection point of view with the exception of my lovely kill death ratio. Thing is i enjoy doing the things that get me lots of points, frontline medic-ing, grenade spamming at chokepoints, walker whoring and some sniping.

And really, getting a gold medal does indicate you were doing well, whatever you were doing (unless you were emp spamming)

Comment

Some time ago I got a little bit leaderboard obsessed to the point where it was causing issues at home.

"Just one more game and I can move up a couple of places" etc

This subsequently led to arguments with the missus which is hugely pointless.

To that end I have completely stopped looking at the leaderboard and implemented a 10pm gaming curfew on week nights.

Everyone loves stats, but not to the point where it effects real life.

Comment

meh, i've been happy to watch my kdr slowly creep up from 2 to 3, and seeing as i tend to use only one weapon, i'm happy to be ranked ~75th in the world with it.

not gonna get a purple heart anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by =TAU-CL= flanker1121 View Post
                  I've had some really successful knifing rounds on CG/Cerbere. I once got 56 (either that or 51) knife kills IAR on a CG server (NOT KNIFE ONLY fyi) by active camoing around..

It all depends on the server and the players in it..high ping is death for obvious reasons, and quite often the flags are balanced just the wrong way to be able to knife effectively.

You don't need to be decent at knife fighting - I'm terrible at that but I'm good at outwitting people..after a bit of practice you'll find that most people out there are the same - they'll go to the same chokepoints and take the same cover. Most players seldom check their backs..

Anyway, if you want knife tips talk to slaney :laugh:
                  Have you checked the dogtags section lately....?

Comment

I pretty much just play for fun or for matches - to keep myself sharp. I also used to want to get really high in the leaderboard but to be honest, there's plenty of people out there who simply just have more time than me :P So it's not really a motive to play anymore.

Comment

I play for the team work, the kill streak, and the victory.

Not points and ridiculous ribbons.

Comment

My stats were crap from the beginning so I really don't care I usually play for fun and try to help my team as much as I can even if it means I end up in the middle of the scoreboard.

It is rather annoying though when you have an awesome round and end up with 20 points more than the guy being second, and you get gimped down by the crap commander on the losing team...

I like going engi on CG but it won't get me a lot of points, as an example.

Comment

Let's put it this way: my team's victory goes before my own point stack. If my final detonation of RDX on the reactor core kills two or three n00bs who didn't get the hint and keep humping the damn core like hippies even though they're Assault kit, I press the trigger anyway and secure the win.

The only times where I seek points are when I really, really have nothing better to do. I.E.: Our team has all five silos and the enemy isn't even trying to cap them. I've gotten to a point anyway where, in the normal course of play, I can maintain a K/D and an SPM ratio above 2, which is all fine and dandy by my standards.

Comment

Lately i have been playing in 64 man gibralter and my only goal now is to get the gold medal....so i started a new soldier and did this, i have more gold medals than i have bronze or silver and my kdr is 1.97ish and i finish first with the best score possibly and a good balance of team work to the kills and death.......example score: 60 "TM"30 "kills"30

And somtimes i like to play on SWAT and either try and get silentscopes "supreme commander at the moment" tags or go and try and outscore a SWAT stacked side.

Comment

ive stopped trying to improve my kdr, or my wlr, or anything like that. i just play to get more unlocks and have fun with my clan!

Comment

Working...
                              X