EA master server getting annoying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA master server getting annoying.

this is getting pretty bad. its becoming rare to finish a round before getting kicked to the login screen. has there still been no response from EA about this ****?

Comment

Official word is they're working with Gamespy to ascertain what broke. I was plagued with the EA Master server disconnects for the last week. I played a whole 4 hours without incident today. I think it may be corrected.

Comment

It is almost week 3 and the game is basically unplayable as I get booted off line so much.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n View Post
          Lost connection to the EA master server twice in two days, and I have had my game crash at least 15 times in two days. 1.50 beta is being a ***** with my game.
          But I don't care, I would take ten times that many crashes and still play bf2142. I love it too much to give up on it. :laugh:
          I don't have my game crash too often, and most of the problems I have are from server side. My computer is way way way too old compared to yours and runs venerable XP home. Yet it still gives me 70+ FPS at 800x600 medium. Therefore I strongly believe that you may have a hardware problem there. Try the following steps:

0. Turn off your computer and disconnect power cable.

1. Get a compressed air can or something that blows air in high speed.

2. Open your computer case and blow the dust out.

3. Touch the case to set your voltage level to the case.

4. Use tissue and maybe come ethanol to wipe dust out, especially fans.

5. Close the case, reconnect and wait for two minutes before turn on the power.

If the above steps don't work, and you still get game crash, then you need to monitor computer temperature. Just use a typical thermometer to measure the temperature inside the case. If you get 100+F, you may have some problem, but if you get 120F, you have serious problem with heat. In that case, you might want to do the following:

a. buy more expansive cooling systems and spend a whole day installing and testing it.

or

b. take the side of your case down and bring your BlowHard 5000.

I used to do that with my previous Athlon 1400+/Ti4200 because the case was very old and had no ventilation design, and my older brother never realized that the fan was supposed to blow the computer, not him!

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
            I don't have my game crash too often, and most of the problems I have are from server side. My computer is way way way too old compared to yours and runs venerable XP home. Yet it still gives me 70+ FPS at 800x600 medium. Therefore I strongly believe that you may have a hardware problem there. Try the following steps:

0. Turn off your computer and disconnect power cable.

1. Get a compressed air can or something that blows air in high speed.

2. Open your computer case and blow the dust out.

3. Touch the case to set your voltage level to the case.

4. Use tissue and maybe come ethanol to wipe dust out, especially fans.

5. Close the case, reconnect and wait for two minutes before turn on the power.

If the above steps don't work, and you still get game crash, then you need to monitor computer temperature. Just use a typical thermometer to measure the temperature inside the case. If you get 100+F, you may have some problem, but if you get 120F, you have serious problem with heat. In that case, you might want to do the following:

a. buy more expansive cooling systems and spend a whole day installing and testing it.

or

b. take the side of your case down and bring your BlowHard 5000.

I used to do that with my previous Athlon 1400+/Ti4200 because the case was very old and had no ventilation design, and my older brother never realized that the fan was supposed to blow the computer, not him!
            hehe, I don't have a hardware problem, trust me. And it itsn't due to overheating or dust. Plus, I can play any other game or do anything else and they don't crash, it's just lovely old battlefield 2142.

Comment

I don't think it's hardware, cuz if all that happened wouldn't your whole computer shut down, not just go back to the ea login screen? I usually run 1600x1200 medium with no problems.

I've gotten booted twice in two days, truly annoying and was baffled why the whole server didn't shut down. I thought I was killing too many Budz people. I haven't had any problems since. Maybe it's the servers your joining?

Comment

I also think it is the master server. I can't stay in BF2142 for more than 5-7 minutes. I'm also having problem with BF2, but it's not as severe as it allows me to play 10-15 minutes before crashing. =\

I'm not having a problem with any other application or game.

Comment

Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
                  It is almost week 3 and the game is basically unplayable as I get booted off line so much.
                  With EA biz as usual.............? is when will they fix it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

Yup, I keep losing connection to the EA Master Server too. After about 30 mins of game play it cuts out.

Comment

I have just given up for a while, maybe in a month or 2 I'll try again, maybe it will be fixed by then, I don't see EA doing much about it as I guess it dosen't seem urgent to them. This can hurt sales as word get around their servers lose connection.

Comment

Well it looks like they're back, I played several rounds on different servers and didn't get kicked once, NICE!

Comment

Any word on this being improved? I find that my play style is really taking a hit with all the disconnects. Just can't seem to groove like I used to, and I'm getting tired of rebooting.

Comment

Working...
                          X