Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions in regards to tricky BF2 weapons

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
    The MG36 is very easy to fire when lying on the ground. It's super accurate, and you can use 3 shot mode when going long range.
    Shhhhhhh... let them think the MG36 is garbage. That 3 shot mode is dangerous when you crouch. Oh and the thing about the SVD is even if you miss, you should still have at least 2 more rounds in your rifle to try another shot with

Comment

Originally posted by Buggies View Post
      What gets me about the SAW, PKM, RPK and MG36 is that being prone with a weapon resting on a bi-pod doesn't give you the accuracy that you think it should. The cone of fire is still drastic. I always wondered why that was like that.
      There is still a cone of fire with LMGs and LSWs, no doubt about it! id say its modeled pretty well actually..the more you hold the trigger the worse your accuracy becomes! having spent a big chunk of time learning to master LSWs IRL, i can say its pretty well done for a game

Comment

Originally posted by Paulverisor128 View Post
        I have put a lot of time into trying to get the L85 Medic gun to work for me. The advantages are obvious; 1) The scope allows acquiring targets over a greater distance, 2) The damage per shot. However since it is so unpredictable after the 2nd shot I've discovered that the G36E works much better for me. From what I've read in another forum thread, the way to shoot the L85 gun is to aim for the neck on the 1st shot and the 2nd shot will hit the head. At 44 years old I do not have the quickest reflexes in the world. From my experience in CQC I don't have the time to aim at the neck, so I might land the 1st 2 shots but the 3rd shot is way out there somewhere. Can anyone tell me where the 3rd shot lands in reference to the 1st 2 shots?

I've not used the SVD Sniper gun a whole lot. When I have, I've just shaked my head in wonderment as far as where the shots might be falling. Perhaps my 1st shot is hitting. In mid range I would not think the shot center error would play into the shot placement by that much. From what I've read on the weapon chart the maximum deviation is 10, that's huge!!! Am I getting that deviation when I pop off shots in rapid succession? If so what is the deviation reset time? I've always shot the weapon from prone, while zoomed so there wouldn't be any deviation with that. I have a lot better luck with the M95 unlock, and the L96 unlock.

The MG36 Support gun is another weapon that I just can't understand. There appear to be a lot of advantages to this weapon "including accuracy", but the accuracy doesn't appear to be there at all. I have had situations where I've had an absolute advantage in firing situation completely dissipate after 20 of my rounds missed their target. As mentioned above I've had much better luck with the PKM and the RPK. In both cases manually holding the fire to 3 shot bursts seems to work excellent. Perhaps part of my issue as mentioned above is locating the true shot center which according to a picture I've seen on the bf2s forum shows a noticeble deviation down and to the right. I wish I could practice with this weapon to get a better feel for where the 1st shot truly lands. I don't know if the rest of the shot pattern groups together well or if it's way out there like the L85.

I appreciate everyone's input. Please do reply if you can shed some more light on this mystery.
        really easy to use g36e its the cheapest weapon in bf2 with the forgotten recoil thanx to ea so i dont use it

imho it is also the G@yest weapon

the l85a1 is sweet but i refuse to use it because its in the medi kit

anyway, just pt the tip at their heads take some pot shots have a friend stay still for u and shoot at his head from a long distance

i can promise u will kill him if u hit 3 shots even to the chest

just aim at his head and hir on the tip of the trainagle, right under it

learn where the gun hits believe me l85 is a killer

Comment

If you want excellent results with the MG36, only use it in CQC and urban maps. The mg36's rate of fire is fast enough to ambush an entire squad in an alley. It needs that rate of fire because its a lot weaker than the other 2 lmg's. I find great success in maps like Jalalabad and Sharqi but not so much on Karkand. The closer you are to your enemy with the mg36 the greater your chances of taking them out. Forget about burst mode, go full auto. Because the mg36 is so light, you are a little more nimble. Use it to your advantage and dont be scared to get in close and dirty.

The svd is extremely accurate and is imo the best gun in the game (with g36e coming in a close 2nd). Someone already stated to aim slightly to the left of the crosshair (when I say slightly I mean ever so). If you are aiming for the head, aim for the upper left of the head but make sure the crosshair is still touching the head (for any shot 100 meters or less). When in close quarters, aim for center mass and fire rapidly. Depending on how close the are you can take someone out in 3 quick shots but be carefull, accusations of aimbot hack will follow if you get good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
            L85 is accurate if you know how to use it
            100% correct

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
              If you want excellent results with the MG36, only use it in CQC and urban maps. The mg36's rate of fire is fast enough to ambush an entire squad in an alley. It needs that rate of fire because its a lot weaker than the other 2 lmg's. I find great success in maps like Jalalabad and Sharqi but not so much on Karkand. The closer you are to your enemy with the mg36 the greater your chances of taking them out. Forget about burst mode, go full auto. Because the mg36 is so light, you are a little more nimble. Use it to your advantage and dont be scared to get in close and dirty.
              I tried focussing on the CQC situations and as you suggested the MG36 does give excellent results.

I still haven't seen the advantage of using this specific weapon in long range situations. In practice I think I have identified the correct aim point for the iron sights, but I still haven't fared very well in long distance fire fights.

Comment

^^^^^and you will never find use for it in long distances. Its weak, and inaccurate. Even if you manage to hit someone from afar, it still takes more bullets to take them down and most of the time they end up escaping.

Comment

answer to aiming problem..

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                    I'm sorry but I did not specify that I have reviewed the pictures which show where the 1st shot will land according to the errors of the scopes. This set of pictures does help out quite a bit when determining where the best aim point is.

I've also reviewed the charts which contain statistics for specific weapons deviations.

It just seems that you can't shoot your way out of a paper bag with some of the weapons.

I have wondered whether the weapons that I am having difficulties in understanding might have a predictable bullet pattern to them. Perhaps something that with practice I could improve my accuracy.

Through this thread I am getting a better understanding in how as well as how not to use the weapons that are very challenging to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X