Questions in regards to tricky BF2 weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions in regards to tricky BF2 weapons

I've been playing the game for quite a while. Recently I unlocked the MG36 weapon. Up until this point I thought that the L85 Medic weapon was the most challenging weapon to try to hit something, but I've had awful results with the MG36. This has led me to the point where I would like to consult the knowledge of the people who have discovered little secrets about some of the more challenging weapons. For instance, I've read that the MG36 is supposed to be quite accurate, I've not found this to be true at all. Another weapon is the SVD, I can pop off shot after shot with the target lined up and not get a kill.

What kind of manual adjustments do you need to make to get the most challenging BF2 weapons to fire accurately? (To narrow the question down a little bit I'm asking about the L85 Medic weapon, SVD Sniper weapon, but mostly the MG36 Support weapon). Could you give me information on how to keep the shot deviation and recoil under control? If you have an answer that you don't want to become common knowledge you could PM me.

Re: Questions in regards to tricky BF2 weapons

Originally posted by Paulverisor128
    I've been playing the game for quite a while. Recently I unlocked the MG36 weapon. Up until this point I thought that the L85 Medic weapon was the most challenging weapon to try to hit something, but I've had awful results with the MG36. This has led me to the point where I would like to consult the knowledge of the people who have discovered little secrets about some of the more challenging weapons. For instance, I've read that the MG36 is supposed to be quite accurate, I've not found this to be true at all. Another weapon is the SVD, I can pop off shot after shot with the target lined up and not get a kill.

What kind of manual adjustments do you need to make to get the most challenging BF2 weapons to fire accurately? (To narrow the question down a little bit I'm asking about the L85 Medic weapon, SVD Sniper weapon, but mostly the MG36 Support weapon). Could you give me information on how to keep the shot deviation and recoil under control? If you have an answer that you don't want to become common knowledge you could PM me.
    SVD is all about patience... And knowing the crosshair. On the SVD specifically you have to put the head of the enemy a bit to the right of the middle of the arrow. Not much, but on longer rangers it does difference.

Comment

i think the SVD is easy but i hate it. I agree that the L85 is not as accurate as the description says it is. the MG36 is a very good gun but i have only used it a handful of times, i find it to be the best Support gun in the game.

Comment

L85 is accurate if you know how to use it

Comment

I still maintain that half the bullets fired from the l85 disappear into thin air, that thing either has a totally **** ed up hit detection or has some huge cone of fire issues.

worst gun in game ever

I believe that the mg36 sights are way off and so are the svds so that would account for your issues, the mg36 centre is lower down then the tip of the sight and the svds is slightly to the right and down as has already been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by jackal22
            I still maintain that half the bullets fired from the l85 disappear into thin air, that thing either has a totally **** ed up hit detection or has some huge cone of fire issues.

worst gun in game ever
            The crosshair is f*ed up, so you have to know where the bullet really goes, and the cone of fire is massive so you cant fire off more than 3 bullets on mid range. Other than that the gun is a beast. The first shot is accurate as hell, and that all you need with the L85

Comment

One of the worst guns in game is USMC support gun - xxxx Saw or whatever it was called. Don't even argue

Comment

Originally posted by Gentry[22ndMEU] View Post
                i think the SVD is easy but i hate it. I agree that the L85 is not as accurate as the description says it is. the MG36 is a very good gun but i have only used it a handful of times, i find it to be the best Support gun in the game.
                I hate being medic but dude you have no idea what you're talking about. I can snipe with the L85 from like 100m away and get a headshot. That is the best weapon to take out anyone behind a ledge or wall.

Comment

I hated the mg36 since the day I unlocked it. The PKM with 3 round bursts center mass is the best I think. Lately though I stick with the RPK. 3 round bursts to the upper chest/ head area works out great. The SAW works the same. The SAW is definitely NOT the worst weapon. It's all about burst control - and even more... getting that first bust on target where you want it.

Comment

I have put a lot of time into trying to get the L85 Medic gun to work for me. The advantages are obvious; 1) The scope allows acquiring targets over a greater distance, 2) The damage per shot. However since it is so unpredictable after the 2nd shot I've discovered that the G36E works much better for me. From what I've read in another forum thread, the way to shoot the L85 gun is to aim for the neck on the 1st shot and the 2nd shot will hit the head. At 44 years old I do not have the quickest reflexes in the world. From my experience in CQC I don't have the time to aim at the neck, so I might land the 1st 2 shots but the 3rd shot is way out there somewhere. Can anyone tell me where the 3rd shot lands in reference to the 1st 2 shots?

I've not used the SVD Sniper gun a whole lot. When I have, I've just shaked my head in wonderment as far as where the shots might be falling. Perhaps my 1st shot is hitting. In mid range I would not think the shot center error would play into the shot placement by that much. From what I've read on the weapon chart the maximum deviation is 10, that's huge!!! Am I getting that deviation when I pop off shots in rapid succession? If so what is the deviation reset time? I've always shot the weapon from prone, while zoomed so there wouldn't be any deviation with that. I have a lot better luck with the M95 unlock, and the L96 unlock.

The MG36 Support gun is another weapon that I just can't understand. There appear to be a lot of advantages to this weapon "including accuracy", but the accuracy doesn't appear to be there at all. I have had situations where I've had an absolute advantage in firing situation completely dissipate after 20 of my rounds missed their target. As mentioned above I've had much better luck with the PKM and the RPK. In both cases manually holding the fire to 3 shot bursts seems to work excellent. Perhaps part of my issue as mentioned above is locating the true shot center which according to a picture I've seen on the bf2s forum shows a noticeble deviation down and to the right. I wish I could practice with this weapon to get a better feel for where the 1st shot truly lands. I don't know if the rest of the shot pattern groups together well or if it's way out there like the L85.

I appreciate everyone's input. Please do reply if you can shed some more light on this mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggies View Post
                      I hated the mg36 since the day I unlocked it. The PKM with 3 round bursts center mass is the best I think. Lately though I stick with the RPK. 3 round bursts to the upper chest/ head area works out great. The SAW works the same. The SAW is definitely NOT the worst weapon. It's all about burst control - and even more... getting that first bust on target where you want it.
                      Dont bother bursting with the RPK. Just aim in the general direction without zooming in and hold down the fire button The weapon has a built in aimbot

Comment

If it were me, before i quit i avoided the mg36 like the plague. if you got that, then you have either the PKM or the RPK/SAW (people killing machine, real people killer, Sorta Almost Warlike). use those instead. no ifs, no buts, just dont bother with the mg36.

l85, always had problems with it, was one of the first players in aus to give it up for the g36e, but i found a coupla shots with the tip of the point aiming at the neck did the trick, as the recoil forced the weapon upwards it earnt a headshot or 2.

svd..... yuk. m24 or bust! its good for close in maps ie karkand, dont even try on distance though.

Comment

I was searching the forums yesterday in regards to the MG36 weapon. I discovered that this weapon is the stock weapon for the SAS in the Special Forces game so I played several single player games with the MG36.

I was very pleased with the accuracy I was getting by making one simple adjustment. Tonight I hope to try this out on a real server to see whether the adjustment makes a big difference.

I'll keep you posted if this works well.

Comment

What gets me about the SAW, PKM, RPK and MG36 is that being prone with a weapon resting on a bi-pod doesn't give you the accuracy that you think it should. The cone of fire is still drastic. I always wondered why that was like that.

Comment

The MG36 is very easy to fire when lying on the ground. It's super accurate, and you can use 3 shot mode when going long range.

Comment

Working...
                              X