Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This would be cool..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This would be cool..

    If you could mix all of the kits, the restriction being what the solder could carry, could make it more interesting.

  • #2
    Re: This would be cool..

    Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
    If you could mix all of the kits, the restriction being what the solder could carry, could make it more interesting.
    Nope, it would take away the balance and the need to work as a squad. Everyone would just run around as lone wolves.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: This would be cool..

      Yes, it would ruin an otherwise well balanced game. This game is about teamwork, if you could fulfill all of the roles of a squad than why use a squad.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: This would be cool..

        i do believe he got server

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: This would be cool..

          I think lone wolfing has it's place as well, how many times have I saved a teammates butt as a sniper picking off an attacker that was about to make the kill when a good head shot ended that plan.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: This would be cool..

            Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
            I think lone wolfing has it's place as well, how many times have I saved a teammates butt as a sniper picking off an attacker that was about to make the kill when a good head shot ended that plan.
            Yes, but instead of being that lone wolf sniper, join a squad. You can move with them, even if hanging back a bit and help them. You also get the advantage of whatever shows up on their net-bat systems to show up on yours. There are just too many advantages of being in a squad.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: This would be cool..

              I originally thought that the game would allow players to mix and match unlocks within the same level. I thought that would be pretty cool and allow for a lot of customization.

              I understand why decisions were made otherwise, but it still is an interesting idea to be able to mix and match equipment and unlocks. CoD4 allows for that but being an infantry only game, everyone is essentially an "infantryman" anyways.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: This would be cool..

                Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
                I think lone wolfing has it's place as well, how many times have I saved a teammates butt as a sniper picking off an attacker that was about to make the kill when a good head shot ended that plan.
                Snipers are useful on some maps, though most typical snipers are morons and deserve to be the #1 target for an orbital strike. A good sniper covers his team if he can, and defends the flag or pushes up if he can get a headshot at medium to close range fast. APMs are deadly when used right, so is RDX (however jumping around like a bunny with it is questionable)

                All and all, snipers CAN be helpful if used right. It only takes a little bit of common sense (which most pub players lack) However most of the time unless its the commander snipers are useless in scrims/matches against others. Simply because a sniper is meant to pick off lone targets, he isn't mean to be an ubertastical godly soldier who smashes groups of troops to the ground with his single shot rifle. Besides, usually when someone gets sniped and a medic revives, the sniper won't hit his head or kill them both.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: This would be cool..

                  I snipe as lone wolf as for some reason I get orders to hit a target when a sniper is better stand off and useless in close combat, unless you opt for the machine gun, then you're more spec ops than sniper. I play a recent round as sniper I was getting tons of kills as sniper, and yes some maps are not good for sniping.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: This would be cool..

                    Sorry, but not cool. And consider that soldier classes are trained in weapon uses, not trained with every weapon <addition of stupid sense of reality to a totally unrealistic game>

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: This would be cool..

                      I'd have to agree this would dramatically change the balance of the game. In fact, I think each branch in the class tree should be separated. So we'd have 8 distinct classes instead of 4 vague classes. Then the unlocks should be rearranged slightly to better suit that class. And, hopefully, more would be added to all to increase their capabilities.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: This would be cool..

                        Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                        I'd have to agree this would dramatically change the balance of the game. In fact, I think each branch in the class tree should be separated. So we'd have 8 distinct classes instead of 4 vague classes. Then the unlocks should be rearranged slightly to better suit that class. And, hopefully, more would be added to all to increase their capabilities.
                        The Engineer needs a better machine gun as the EU gun is so worthless it might as well be a BB gun.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: This would be cool..

                          Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
                          The Engineer needs a better machine gun as the EU gun is so worthless it might as well be a BB gun.
                          The EU SMG is fantastic..especially with the NS unlock..it's more accurate than many think, and the ROF makes it deal out a lot of damage..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: This would be cool..

                            Originally posted by =TAU-CL= flanker1121 View Post
                            The EU SMG is fantastic..especially with the NS unlock..it's more accurate than many think, and the ROF makes it deal out a lot of damage..
                            Yeah, especially in close combat, and its better than the PAC malkov, at least on reloading time, but they are pretty much the same

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: This would be cool..

                              Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
                              The Engineer needs a better machine gun as the EU gun is so worthless it might as well be a BB gun.
                              I <3 both SMGs. In close quarters, aim for the head... You will make short work out of any target.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X