Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't realize you can snipe from the Titan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't realize you can snipe from the Titan...

What a cool way to get a bunch of kills, and they have no freaken idea where you are.:yay:

Re: I didn't realize you can snipe from the Titan...

Mostly useless on maps where the Titan is waay above the ground, plus the angle doesn't help.

Comment

yeah what map did you do it on eh. That and i imagine a laptop would get pretty hot from playing this game after a bit

Comment

The only map I can think of where the Titan is close to the ground is Shubia Taiba, when the Titians are in the centre area.

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] vika09 View Post
          The only map I can think of where the Titan is close to the ground is Shubia Taiba, when the Titians are in the centre area.
          verdun titan also.

Comment

suez?

Comment

yeah, ive sniped from the titan before. Only problem is you have to wait for the forcefield to go down. At that point in the round, you would best be inside defending. Another problem is that you would be pretty close to the in-titan fighting and your framerate would drop. but at the very least, its very unlikely for people to find you and you can snipe from both your titan and the enemies.

Comment

Yes, and it works fine, on the PAC titan, you can get on one of those two hover engines that look like sub sandwiches and get a full 360 view. Ive killed many people on Minks at silo 2 when the titan was by silo 3. You certainly need to bring the Gruber to hit a headshot from that distance.

Comment

Yeah it helps to have the Titan in an optimal position.

Comment

I've done this before. It's really funny if you get the titan over silo 5 on suez because it is hotly contested most of the round. People have no idea where you are shooting from most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                      I've done this before. It's really funny if you get the titan over silo 5 on suez because it is hotly contested most of the round. People have no idea where you are shooting from most of the time.
                      I was sniping this dude near a silo and it was funny to watch him run around looking for who was shooting at him, then i took him out with a head shot.
                      I also do this when some clown is shooting at my Titan guns and I snipe him from the Titan, it great.
                      Another good one is as engineer, you take out an attacking gunship as he doesn't even know you are there.

Comment

Have they cahnaged it? I though you could still snipe when shields were up but your view is limited to pretty much everything in-front of the transport/attack chopper bay thing

Comment

maybe i presume too much in believing that the titan forcefield stops your bullets so there isn't really any point trying to snipe from your titan prior to that. I'm talking about the outer forcefield, not the hangar one.

That is unless there are spots on the titan where there is enough space to stand on so that your gun is on the outside the forcefield.

Comment

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
                            maybe i presume too much in believing that the titan forcefield stops your bullets so there isn't really any point trying to snipe from your titan prior to that. I'm talking about the outer forcefield, not the hangar one.

That is unless there are spots on the titan where there is enough space to stand on so that your gun is on the outside the forcefield.
                            It is hard to do and not ideal under all conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                              yeah what map did you do it on eh. That and i imagine a laptop would get pretty hot from playing this game after a bit
                              Have the same computer and never had an overheat problem (get's close in the summer) As for where to go, there's a ledge on the front of the titan, and some good spots on the sides where the pods launch.

Comment

Working...
                              X