Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiesek in a gunship

Originally posted by Fingulfin
    You sir are a moron. TV Soloing isn't "Exploitation". Pod Surfing is Exploitation. Glitching into buildings is exploitation. I asked EA Customer Support about certain things including RDXing to get on roofs, solo'ing and Jihading. NONE of those are exploiting. In fact, if EA/DICE considered exploiting, they could EASILY code it so you can't do it.

Solo'ing is an art that takes HOURS of practice and a ton of patience. If you can't respect that, you are nothing but another casualty.
    I always love what you have to say!

As for the movie, I thought the Soloing was wonderful, music was great. 80% Talon though is kind of cheap. Seeing as it's so hard to shoot down with missles.

I'm into solo TVing now, I love nailing a Talon from behind, I just follow him till he spots a juicy ground target then I let him have it.

Comment

Great vid! That is some slick flying. Personally I think gunships are tactically useless from an objective stand point. They don't take silos or caps (unless they want to be vulnerable to ground fire) and the cant destroy a titan core. So that leaves them with one thing to do, killing just like snipers do on an infantry standpoint. But if you pick your targets wisly (which most pilots dont) then you can benefit your team. Many a time I sit hiding from a Bogartyr in a nich praying that a friendly gunship would stamp him out so I can take an objective. But I find gunships pilots to be more eager to help themselves rather than help a comrade on the ground. Feel free to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator29 View Post
        Great vid! That is some slick flying. Personally I think gunships are tactically useless from an objective stand point. They don't take silos or caps (unless they want to be vulnerable to ground fire) and the cant destroy a titan core. So that leaves them with one thing to do, killing just like snipers do on an infantry standpoint. But if you pick your targets wisly (which most pilots dont) then you can benefit your team. Many a time I sit hiding from a Bogartyr in a nich praying that a friendly gunship would stamp him out so I can take an objective. But I find gunships pilots to be more eager to help themselves rather than help a comrade on the ground. Feel free to disagree.
        I agree

Most pilots just fly low and try to take infantry out with rockets or wait for an airtransport or gunship to take off then take that out. But a good gunship pilot and gunner are usually friends or people in a clan using VOIP, because they'll prevent anybody from trying to take a silo or land on the Titan.

The best way to do this is fly around 200-250m and wait for somebody to spot something, or once a silo/flag is lost to dive in and make sure nobody takes it,

Comment

That's what I do. I fly at around 150m above the ground looking for enemy ground units to hinder or destroy. When a teammate calls out a vehicle, I respond to that immediately.

Of course I also rely on my teammates on the ground to watch my back. When it comes to AA guns and SAWW or enemy gunships, I rely on them to tell me where they are.

My priority in a gunship is : Enemy gunship > Air transport > APC/Titan guns > Tank/Walker > FAV > Infantry > Command objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse View Post

My priority in a gunship is : Enemy gunship > Air transport > APC/Titan guns > Tank/Walker > FAV > Infantry > Command objects.
            I'd put walker infront of APC/titan guns - the walker second seat has the potential to be hella annoying.

Comment

WalkerzZz are l33t!!!

Lol if I knew I could trust my team to spot the enemy gunship I'd fly alot lower and be more of a help, but when I know there's two other gunships out there and 15 noobs on the team I need to fly high and look low. Also I never use the Talon, BF2142's J10.

Comment

I'm not ignorant to the obvious advantages of the Talon... Just because its better is no reason not to use it; thats just dumb. I don't "whore" it per se, but as a general rule I am normally on EU (part of my strategy for keeping a 4+ W/L Ratio). I won't "not fly" simply because of my side...

My gunship priority is:
                SAAWs > Other Gunships > Walkers > Turrets (Rorsches & Titan Guns > Air Trannys > Offensive Ground (APC, Tank) > Infantry > FAV > Commander Assets.

I use the TVs almost exclusively, I save the normal missiles for enemy gunships and to drain an enemies shields (fire off three of these at an enemy, you can be 90% sure that they will drain shields giving you a clean TV Shot).

Comment

I save normal missiles and use TV missiles on almost everything! I don't know why...Just don't like the normal rockets. They are only good to drain enemy shields or peel off a skin of armor before i put a TV missile into it.

TV missile reminds me of hellfire missiles and the normal rockets are like the hydras. If you play Commanche 4 or any series you would know what i am talking about lol.

Good thing about TV missiles is no warnings to other vehicles unlike the rockets. Plus i get to control it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                    Good thing about TV missiles is no warnings to other vehicles unlike the rockets. Plus i get to control it.
                    Wait, what? Isn't it the other way around, at least for ground vehicles? I only get warnings in tanks when I'm being targeted with a TV, not with just the pilot's POV. Also on single player the bots won't throw up their shields when you lay into them with regular rockets, but they will if you light them up with TV missiles (most of the time).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Both kinds of missiles, TV and F1, give off "Rocket Tracking" alerts.

Comment

Really? I've had many times where I start taking damage in my tank only to find out that the enemy gunship has started to pound on me with no warning.

Now I'm confused.

~Wolfgang

Comment

TV missiles damage commander assets? If so, how many to take one down?

How do you control your TVs, do you switch to keys or use your mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                            TV missiles damage commander assets? If so, how many to take one down?

How do you control your TVs, do you switch to keys or use your mouse?
                            TV Missiles kill assets in two hits.

MOUSE ALL THE WAY! You don't have time when TV Solo'ing to go to keys, I don't find it worth the effort. Just park your gunship on top of the building at Suez and try hitting stuff... Easiest TV Control practice I can think of that you can do alone. Solo'ing takes alot more practice, in addition to training your fingers to jump from W to F2 to F1 and back to W... Meh

Comment

2 missiles = 1 asset go boom. I would go for the orbital strike -> Emp strike -> UAV -> Supply -> SAT.

Also I realize that TV missiles give no warning what so ever if you switch to second seat and fire fast. I believe alarm sounds only when you are targeting (e.g: White squares/colored squares on the ground targets.) I don't think there is any when it;s actually fired. But those fools on the ground do not pull shield and believe it is just a engie rocket when they realized that their vehicle is on fire.

For air vehicles, since no target square on them, i believe that they get no warning from the TV missiles. I got Tved a couple of times by XessReality and it offered no warnings.

@ Trooper: I control TV by Mouse and sometimes number keypad. Benefits of number keypad is that it's not that sensitive to other movements than mouse. (E.g: when you are going hard left, it will always go straight to the left. With mouse however, a little movement towards Y-axis and your missile goes off.)

It's takes practice and experience in real dogfights to see what I mean.

*cross my fingers and hope I am not a arrogant snob to everyone*

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                                TV Missiles kill assets in two hits.
                                You learn something new every day. I had no clue that TV missiles would kill commander assets.... Wish I would have known this back in our competition days.

Comment

Working...
                                X