Spiesek in a gunship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiesek in a gunship

One of my teammates from Osis is a god in a gunship. This guy gets more hackusations than anyone else I know. He released a gunship video a while back, and yesterday released a new one. Thought you might wanna check it out. Also, to those that don't think some people are better solo in a gunship than with a gunner, watch this.

The Apotheosis of a gunship 2

Here's a link to the fist one that he made.

The Apotheosis of a gunship

The first video was filmed all in one night, while the second video was filmed over the course of about a week.

BTW he does not use a script of any kind to switch seats. He's just one of those players that's naturally good at anything video game related. He's the game guy that went 73-0 in a walker on a full 48 man camp G server.

Re: Spiesek in a gunship

He's pretty damned good, I've seen his first video before and really enjoyed his second, although I've seen a few people who are easily on par with his skill. Those mounted turret kills (especially the first one) were impressive though, and his judgement of when his gunship is about to fall into an obstacle is superb too, good skills.

Comment

Very good flying there. There's no doubting his abilities and I picked up a few pointers myself. The seat switching from pilot to gunner is complete bollox in my view and should have been addressed right from v1.00. Still, if it's in the game to be used as a tactic - why the hell not?

Comment

Nice video! Skills were awesome, reminds me of when I play with X=FAST=X. All I can say is that when you have a Gunship pilot that good on the other team, being a ground pounder is hell. No need to even mention flying :|:

Comment

Yeah nice videos and skillz. In the second video at 3:03 he shots down a gunships and take a look at the right while being in the cockpit, can anyone tell me how to do that?

Comment

Hold Ctrl.

Comment

that is some downright artful stuff no wonder you guys are all pro solo for the gunship sorry for doubting

Comment

Nicely mixed with the music, big air and breakdowns work well.

I could never hope to solo a gunship, I still press C instead of X half the time. Queue much keyboard panic and death.

Kudos.

Comment

bah...talon whore... i'd like to see him do this in a doragon...
                  i feel sorry for those poor doragons he shoots down since they can't really fight back effectively on equal ground.

Comment

yeah that was surprisingly impressive, creepily good with the ol'... must be... f2, rmb, lc, f1? anyway, nice one

Comment

Hey. I know this is a 2-month-old post, but I just now found it, registered, and thought I'd respond to the talon vs doragon comment.

I do have a couple gunship-on-gunship shots with the doragon, but the reason they are not in the movie is because of the talon imbalance. It takes way too long to kill a talon compared to a doragon, if you don't kill it with a tv missile. Those shots would take up too much time in the movie and wouldn't really fit since I wanted an entertaining movie, not one showing that I could deal with the gunship imbalance.

That, and I don't really find myself in too many gunship duels, if you can call them that. I have a good sense of when the enemy gunship is up (and also use the map to figure it out), so I just find out where they went and take them out before they see me. I don't usually go for ground targets until I clear the air.

Anyways, glad you guys liked it. Thanks for posting it Zar.

Comment

Y'know, it's videos such as these that make me love the BF series. As overpowered as the jets in BF2 (well, on some maps anyway) could be, it was still so much fun watching someone just kick @$$ and take names in one. Kind of like watching someone throw a no-hitter, I guess. Just to see a master of the craft at work. It's a thing of beauty. And, in my case, envy, since I've never been more than pedestrian at either the BF2 jets or the BF2142 gunships. I must say, dude, those are some amazing kills. Good on you. Are you sure you don't use a TV macro? The screen just kind of blinks and then everything below you dies. Do you honestly hit F2 (or whichever key I'm sure you've reassigned it to), right-click, left-click, and F1 (again, reassigned) in about 1/8 of a second? Not that I'd fault you for using macros or anything, but if you don't then you have some of the fastest reflexes I've ever seen.

Two things, though - is the TV missile camera's POV always just below the pilot's POV? It seemed like on those 'flicker shots' (dunno what you call them ) the pilot's centre view was just ahead/above what you were TVing. Secondly, and this is just the gunship noob in me showing through, how do you stay so agile while inverted? It's almost like you're weightless in the air and you can flip and spin and loop without even losing any altitude (I know you do, it just seems like you don't). I'm kind of like a turtle in the gunship; when I'm on my back I'm screwed. Do you have your mouse set to really high DPI or do you cut the throttle or something?

Well anyway enough of my stupid questions. Excellent skills, mate. And people wonder why I find playing 24/7 Gib boring after not too long.

~Wolfgang

Comment

He probably does hit F2-Right Click-Left Click-F1-C. I do, and it takes less than a second.

The gunship fires its TV slightly below the green "things" on the side that are supposed to indicate Hover/Thrust.

To become "weightless", point your nose up a bit. You fall soooo much slower, you can have as much time as you want with your TV cam.

Comment

He just swaps seats / solo guides - no respect deserved whatsoever for that kind of exploitation.

If he could do what he did from the main seat then yea, respect. But this crap? Hell no

Comment

You sir are a moron. TV Soloing isn't "Exploitation". Pod Surfing is Exploitation. Glitching into buildings is exploitation. I asked EA Customer Support about certain things including RDXing to get on roofs, solo'ing and Jihading. NONE of those are exploiting. In fact, if EA/DICE considered exploiting, they could EASILY code it so you can't do it.

Solo'ing is an art that takes HOURS of practice and a ton of patience. If you can't respect that, you are nothing but another casualty.

Comment

Working...
                              X