X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrChris_CJ
    replied
    Re: Spiesek in a gunship

I liked the videos a lot, I myself became somewhat of a gunship perfectionist, doing solo seat switching in the gunship etc

although I didnt bother to rebind any of my buttons, and as I fly keyboard only you can imagine hitting the f buttons for camera is quite annoying

Leave a comment:

• messfeeder
    replied

I used to occasionally gun for a guy, DSW Geoenvi. He is a good pilot and I could easily get over 70 points a round flying with him. He is really good at hovering around infantry so I could take them out, setting up tv shots, and knowing when to fly away and reload/repair.

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

Lol i don't want to start on how many idiots don't know how to fly properly. Can't even recover from Immleman(Yes this idiot doesn't know to to spell) or a simple loop.

Or sometimes I get idiots jump into gunner when i get a gunship and then just spray with Vulcan cannon and does nothing else. I set up TV shot for him and he doesn't shoot. He sprays Vulcan when he is bored and don't wait till I line up with the target gunship and let loose his gun. He bails when I get hit by a SAWW....It's just keep going on and on...

When I am gunner, this one pilot top in the middle of Suez Canal and start hovering... Then he disconnects and sending me crashing...Arg...

60% of those on Pub servers don't know how to fly properly.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Field
    replied

yeah caus that one guy=8 retards in4 gunships

Leave a comment:

• ZinZ
    Guest replied

Good, but hackusations in vehicles don't count for much.

"He just swaps seats / solo guides - no respect deserved whatsoever for that kind of exploitation.

If he could do what he did from the main seat then yea, respect. But this crap? Hell no"

Thats called how you fly a gunship. Very few pilots that are good let stupid pubs get in their gunships with them, they either fly with someone they know that isn't a moron or solo. It's not an exploit, it's life.

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

Lol i just realized that....

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
    2 missiles = 1 asset go boom. I would go for the orbital strike -> Emp strike -> UAV -> Supply -> SAT.
    there's no asset for supply! :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

LOL I just realized that you are right. It's always the background VOIP of my gunner that sometimes overlap the warning tone. I don't have the volume high mixed with battlefield commands and orders; I miss a lot of warning tones.

However, thanks to the average skills of public server pilots or gunners. They miss all the time :P

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

If you want to hop on an empty server I can prove it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

Fairly odd that I get no warning what so ever when a TV missile is flying towards me when i am in gunship.

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
    Also I realize that TV missiles give no warning what so ever if you switch to second seat and fire fast. I believe alarm sounds only when you are targeting (e.g: White squares/colored squares on the ground targets.) I don't think there is any when it;s actually fired. But those fools on the ground do not pull shield and believe it is just a engie rocket when they realized that their vehicle is on fire.
    Not true If a TV Missile is pointed toward you, it will sound the alarm. It doesn't matter if you are "targeting" or "guiding", it will ALWAYS sound an alarm. Thats why when I shoot TVs at enemy gunships I always aim to the SIDE or ABOVE them, then bring it in at the very last second. The amount of alarm that they get isn't enough to tell them to raise shields.

Leave a comment:

• Zarious
    replied

Originally posted by Fingulfin
    TV Missiles kill assets in two hits.
    You learn something new every day. I had no clue that TV missiles would kill commander assets.... Wish I would have known this back in our competition days.

Leave a comment:

• Amaranthuse
    replied

2 missiles = 1 asset go boom. I would go for the orbital strike -> Emp strike -> UAV -> Supply -> SAT.

Also I realize that TV missiles give no warning what so ever if you switch to second seat and fire fast. I believe alarm sounds only when you are targeting (e.g: White squares/colored squares on the ground targets.) I don't think there is any when it;s actually fired. But those fools on the ground do not pull shield and believe it is just a engie rocket when they realized that their vehicle is on fire.

For air vehicles, since no target square on them, i believe that they get no warning from the TV missiles. I got Tved a couple of times by XessReality and it offered no warnings.

@ Trooper: I control TV by Mouse and sometimes number keypad. Benefits of number keypad is that it's not that sensitive to other movements than mouse. (E.g: when you are going hard left, it will always go straight to the left. With mouse however, a little movement towards Y-axis and your missile goes off.)

It's takes practice and experience in real dogfights to see what I mean.

*cross my fingers and hope I am not a arrogant snob to everyone*

Leave a comment:

• Fingulfin
    replied

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
    TV missiles damage commander assets? If so, how many to take one down?

How do you control your TVs, do you switch to keys or use your mouse?
    TV Missiles kill assets in two hits.

MOUSE ALL THE WAY! You don't have time when TV Solo'ing to go to keys, I don't find it worth the effort. Just park your gunship on top of the building at Suez and try hitting stuff... Easiest TV Control practice I can think of that you can do alone. Solo'ing takes alot more practice, in addition to training your fingers to jump from W to F2 to F1 and back to W... Meh

Leave a comment:

• TrooperJac
    replied

TV missiles damage commander assets? If so, how many to take one down?

How do you control your TVs, do you switch to keys or use your mouse?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X