You can play COD4 wihtout a DVD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can play COD4 wihtout a DVD...

Because you can play MP without a DVD, so any iso or no-DVD fix or whatever you have is completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite View Post
      Yeah, I like how COD4 MP does it
      its very easy and handy, i like it.

Comment

My COD2 CD broke but I'm still playing MP without it.

I always discover this with any game I get, wether it works or not. Because I always forget to put the CD in. Then when I'm done I take the CD case and open it before I open my disk thing on the PC, and notice it's still in :P

Comment

Originally posted by jackal22 View Post
          I was talking to my friend on skype and said I couldnt find my disc so he says just try it anyway and that hes been playing from day 1 with no DVD in the drive.

So I did, wow why cant all games be like this?

sorry if this is old news but its staggering, I was expecting some sort of pb kick or something but nothing happend
          Old news, I stumbled upon it about 2 weeks after I had the game and I was like WHOA! SWEET!! Haha. So I haven't used the disc since, but you do need it if you play SP.

Comment

Old news indeed. I`m suprised some people have just found out about this. Been like this since the stoneage.

Comment

guess thats because I am a battlefield nut, 1942, bf2, 2142 so a cd was always a given.

actually BF games are probably the only fps games on pc that i have played (apart from COD4 and Delta force (orignal))

Comment

Originally posted by jackal22 View Post
                guess thats because I am a battlefield nut, 1942, bf2, 2142 so a cd was always a given.

actually BF games are probably the only fps games on pc that i have played (apart from COD4 and Delta force (orignal))
                that would do it

I started on RTCW (not ET), so I've always know that a disc was never needed with this series of game. However it seems that the COD series is almost alone in doing this, and I'm not sure you can count steam since you do need to connect and you cannot stay offline.

Comment

EA is making it harder and harder every patch to play there games without a CD/DVD, I patched Crysis to 1.2 and now I can't use an image anymore, guess thats it for Crysis (clear up about 10GB of space uninstalling it).

Comment

Working...
                  X