No announcement yet.

Upside to 2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I much prefer the 2142 setting. I would like to see another version of this game with the frostbite engine set in the futuristic timeframe.

Comment

Downside: I played a couple rounds today where some ******* was wall glitching. My teammates and I ran so many kick votes on him and people just would not kick him off. So I just avoided that part of the map. Then when I was defending our titan I was killed twice by a sentry gun through the wall. So I left that server. It sucks that people have to ruin the game by being ***** cheaters.

Comment

sorry for being such a n00b, but what exactly is wall glitching. isnt it where you take advantage of bullets going through walls or s/t?

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
          sorry for being such a n00b, but what exactly is wall glitching. isnt it where you take advantage of bullets going through walls or s/t?
          In some spots you can contort your way behind a wall. it's kinda like one of those mirrors where you can see through it from the backside. So people get behind the wall textures and can see and shoot through them but the other players can't see you or shoot you. People used hack their way into the titan crates and set up sentry guns and no one could do anything unless they hacked their way in to kill the bugger. I know a few spots that are easy to get into but of course I won't mention them.

Comment

Wall glitching isn't hard to do (usually consists of podding into the right spot) but there is a general sense of honor amongst players that you don't do it because it is cheating. That, and a lot of people probably don't know how to do it (Thank God!). Also one of the things that ruined Karkand and Warlord on BF2.

Comment

bf2 with man portable stinger missiles for antitank would fix bf2 helicopters real quick (maybe too much so since there are already enough .50cal machineguns mounted to cars), and at least annoy jet whores so they can't strafe everything down like nobody's business. But it seems DICE is more scared of the flaming that would come from the pilots rather than flaming from the masses of groundpounders. One thing they did manage to get right in bf2 was BF2:SF. No jets in sight and any maps with copters would have enough AA vehicles to balance them out.

Now if only they thought about adding accuracy penalties for instaproning bellyflopping much earlier. I might have stayed with bf2 for much longer.

Comment

Nades only go off if the whole animation completes before you die. Even if you pull the pin but don't throw it, it won't go off.

Comment

No, I throw the nade sometimes, it lands by the enemy but doesn't blow yet, then I get killed and nade never blows.

Comment

your nades don't explode if your death causes the nade to be dropped or die as you're throwing. if you throw it and it leaves your hand before you die, it will explode and make kills.

Comment

it is maybe server side: the server says you didn't trow the nade but on your screen(wich is live what you're doing so you are infront of the server) you trew it. but still doesnt explain some nades( i trew one and after 4 secs i got sniper no explosion).

Comment

Working...
                      X