No announcement yet.

Today's rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so should i avoid the =soc= server? unfortunately its one of the most popular one for camp g....

Comment

go on it matey by all means but it would be best to be on their side as its just hassle being rdx'd every 2 secs:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
        Yes, it is.

Why you didn't do nade spam on congested Camp Gib is out of my comprehension. This is what you should do on these condition:

Recon: sniping if you are good. Bunny hopping RDX and APM spam are also extremely effective. I once did 22-9 just doing that on 64p Camp G.

Assault: Not much you can do. Either go tag hunting with radar and smoke nades or spam PK rockets in all directions.

Engineer: haven't done that yet, but in theory you can spam MM and then followed by MMB towards grouped enemy.

Support: Spam sentry, nade and even RDX shotty. Great opportunity to get RDX shotty kills. Just spam them in all directions.
        your pathetic.

48 player campG i liike very much assault rifle kills galore as long as i have good frames like
        35-40fps you just take a dump on tons of players high kills/minute. Some parts of harbor are slightly annoying but go to the right spots and you can do ok its all about what the enemy is doing of course. The one thing i probly hate the most is spam+sniping explosion between harbor and toll station. Pretty annoying i tend to favor the left side going towards toll when the map is heavily populated it works out well more than the right side. ILOVE central camp. Ihate when wussies turtle at ruins and throw nades very very lame just shoot people with YOUR GUN please. Assaulting EU base is easiest going around the back when theres alot of people caus you just get around and shoot them in the back and confuse thier poor brains.

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx View Post
          they wouldnt last 2 seconds in a proper match :nod:
          They're decent but we beat them this week in a 8v8 IO TWL match on Gib in 2 rounds.

Just stay away from FF off servers. FF on is the only way to go. I still don't understand why they let ranked servers run FF off.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
            Just stay away from FF off servers. FF on is the only way to go. I still don't understand why they let ranked servers run FF off.
            This. That's the very reason I won't play FF-off servers, simply because it allows way too many cheap 'tactics' like throwing nades at your feet or doing RDX drops. People with RDX macros are bad enough on FF-on servers, but take away their ability to kill themselves and you're just asking for the gameplay to go to crap.

As for number of players, I don't even bother playing city maps with more than 32 players anymore. Too much spammage. If PK rockets and nades didn't exist, then I would probably do there, but when all you hear all around you is explosions and you can't take a step on the map without some form of munitions exploding at your feet it's not fun gameplay.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
              This. That's the very reason I won't play FF-off servers, simply because it allows way too many cheap 'tactics' like throwing nades at your feet or doing RDX drops. People with RDX macros are bad enough on FF-on servers, but take away their ability to kill themselves and you're just asking for the gameplay to go to crap.
              Your wrong there... Everyone and his mother assumes you have to have a macro to do some RDX Hopping, when in reality all you need are fast reflexes. Just left-right-left really fast and you can do it no problemo.

Comment

i only try to play FF off is on titan mode, when hull fighting confusion is BAD

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                  your pathetic.
                  Yes, I am.

Because I have to work.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                    Yes, I am.

Because I have to work.
                    just like i am gone from home for 8 hours a day too? Having to work is a poor and unrelated excuse for not knowing what to do on a big campG server other than spam explosives. very weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
                      They're decent but we beat them this week in a 8v8 IO TWL match on Gib in 2 rounds.

FF on any server is much better, imo. Takes more skill to play properly and it stops the likes of the RDX spamming idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Unzen
                        FF on any server is much better, imo. Takes more skill to play properly and it stops the likes of the RDX spamming idiots.
                        I am kinda torn between FF-Off and On.
                        Isn't there the option to gradually increase the FF on OFF servers? Like 50%? Or 100% RDX FF but no frag FF? Cause if I managed a server I'd do a 100% RDX FF but not so for frags. Cause the frag hit detection is kinda weird, sometimes you throw a frag and it doesn't fly a straight route - lots of team kills. But every server owner should stop RDX bunnies. Nothing more I hate on a FF Off server. So, just a question, isn't there the option to specify the amount of FF for every weapon?

Comment

I keep FF=Off, its so much simpler to admin a server without everyone whining about TK's. We just kick all the RDX Bunnies.

Comment

Rdxrs need to obviously be close to you for thier tactic to work. so...Keep your distance or kill them before they can properly attack you. If you dont feel confident that you can kill an rdxr with your gun before he gets you....sprint away from him he cant really hurt you. most of the time they are too stupid to realize that you have your back turned and that they are able to just pull out thier carbine/pistol and just shoot you. People that run at you with a knife are funner because you can choose to get an eZ kill or humor them with a knife fight.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
                              I am kinda torn between FF-Off and On.
                              Isn't there the option to gradually increase the FF on OFF servers? Like 50%? Or 100% RDX FF but no frag FF? Cause if I managed a server I'd do a 100% RDX FF but not so for frags. Cause the frag hit detection is kinda weird, sometimes you throw a frag and it doesn't fly a straight route - lots of team kills. But every server owner should stop RDX bunnies. Nothing more I hate on a FF Off server. So, just a question, isn't there the option to specify the amount of FF for every weapon?
                              You can set it for percentages. The only problem is that anything other than 100% will show up as FF=Off in the server browsers so you lose out on players that won't play FF=Off because they think your server is set that way. We used to run ours at 80% which would drop you to less than 10 health if you threw an rdx at your feet but cut down on TK's. We have since changed to 100% and will be keeping it that way.

As for the different settings. You can set four things, Soldier FF, Soldier FF Splash Damage, Vehicle FF, and Vehicle FF Splash damage. However both Frags and RDX would fall into the Splash Damage category so you wouldn't be able to set them to different values.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                                just like i am gone from home for 8 hours a day too? Having to work is a poor and unrelated excuse for not knowing what to do on a big campG server other than spam explosives. very weak.
                                No, that's not an excuse. That's just why my life is pathetic. Working 10 hours a day is indeed pathetic.

Honestly, I don't find much glory playing your style. I would stick with COD2 if I prefer that way, but I don't. I also avoid 64p Camp Gib and Cerbere most of the time, but I don't complain people doing cheap shots. I do cheap shots to get kill, and die from them as well. Some people think Voss/Krylov users are *****, and even though I don't use them much (I prefer Baur), I don't think that way. Just because you are doing well in the game, it doesn't grant you authority to judge how other people play this game as long as they do things legit.

Comment

Working...
                                X