Bummed about Servers.. Can Anyone explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummed about Servers.. Can Anyone explain

So i read how the servers are going to be like XBOX live, where they just send you to some random server and use some kind of matching system.

How can we secure a place to play that we can play together how we want to play? What about for exploiters, mic spammers, annoying players etc.. How do we deal with this kind of stuff?

Anyone familair with how xbox live works and how we could make this work?

Also does anyone know what the server slots will be?

Where did you read this? If it's true, then that'll suck....

Comment

well maybe we can complain.. its imdedded here.

its this quote

TPCG: How do the servers work, will it be like other BF games where you can browse a list of servers?

BC: We haven’t worked out the exact server model, but there’s no server browser in Battlefield Heroes, it’s like an Xbox Live game where you just hit ‘Play Now’ and we match-make you into a server. If you want to play with your friends you make a group and all play together. What we may add in the future is the ability for clans to – with a micro-transaction – hire a server just as they do now, and that would be a server which they would have preference for. Obviously if there’s only three of them on that server we would match-make other people into that game, but that would be a place where they’d be guaranteed to have a space.

its from this interview from PCgaming.com

For PC gaming this royal sucks.. I mean if I wanted to play an xbox game i would buy xbox. part of what makes for great pc gaming is the servers and communities.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the xbox live system, but when they match you with a server, can you choose the map, ping, game type, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
          I'm not familiar with the xbox live system, but when they match you with a server, can you choose the map, ping, game type, etc?
          Yes. Not sure about ping.

If you can still play together with your friends I'm fine with it. This game is more designed as a "pick-up-and-play" than an hardcore skillbased game of doom.

Comment

The BF:H team have stated the game is also designed towards clan play as well, so there will be some kind of way to play with your friends or on specific servers.

Comment

hmmm Battlefield.net?

(like battle.net on diablo or starcraft)

Comment

Has anyone here hit the "Play Now" button in BF2? Works wonderfully, yes? I really hope they don't do this.

Comment

The Battlefield Heroes ''Play Now'' button is gonna be different...

Comment

Hmmm... no experience with xbox live, but I don't like the idea of not being completely in control, but then again, it is free and geared toward the casual gamer.

heh, I wonder if they'll release it as a download for the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by jake___ View Post
                      heh, I wonder if they'll release it as a download for the Wii.

I dont think soo, Wii users would have a handicap with controling the soldier...

Comment

Originally posted by HEFO View Post
                        I dont think soo, Wii users would have a handicap with controling the soldier...
                        And the average wii player is aged 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
                          And the average wii player is aged 9.
                          yea, but i think that the game will be rated +3 or +5 or something like that...

Comment

Re: Bummed about Servers.. Can Anyone explain

LOL OWNED

Comment

Re: Bummed about Servers.. Can Anyone explain

Well, I hope this wont be the case, at least not as bad as I imagine it. There would eventually be no admins on the servers if they are all EA. We'll just have to wait and see. I also wonder how the hacking scene will be on this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X