Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Gaming Network needs Wiki writers and editors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Gaming Network needs Wiki writers and editors!

For some time now, the Total Gaming Network has been working on a project that has the potential to rival the Wikipedia. What it is, is a Wiki network with the intention of promoting games, gamers, gaming communities, strategies, mods, servers and most of all. Clans. Because of the content it contains, we call it the EncyClanPedia.

The EncyClanPedia is a place where the whole Total Gaming Network community can come together to share the vast wealth of knowledge on any and all things gaming. Plus with our proposed Featured Gamer and Featured Clan programs, it can be a place where professional gamers can shine in the spotlight, and clans can attract potentially dozens to hundreds of new prospecting members!

The basic building blocks of the EncyClanPedia have already been put into place, and though it still remains under construction, we need people with either writing or Wikipedia experience to help us out by alerting us to any and every issue that crops up. We need people to report any problems ranging from gaps in the Help or Policy pages, missing templates, missing .php's, or even technical errors from the server. Quite literally, we need people to report anything that could help this project get it's feet up off of the ground without a hitch. With your help, we can make the EncyClanPedia a part of internet history!

You can take part of this project today by sending a private message to Dairuka, or by adding Dairuka to your X-fire and sending a message to him there.

Excellent. I was hoping that something like this would allow the TGN to come together in one place and share information from each others possibly huge fountains of knowledge.

But wheres the link to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliâ„¢ View Post
      Excellent. I was hoping that something like this would allow the TGN to come together in one place and share information from each others possibly huge fountains of knowledge.

But wheres the link to it?
      You'll need to PM Dairuka to get access right now. It's not exactly ready to open at the moment, and we're trying to get some base content built up before it's fully released. I'm going on a bug hunt and laying out pages at the moment, so it still needs a little TLC before we can go global.

Comment

Quite simply. It's not up to our standards to be released to the public yet.

Already I've counted dozens of help-page holes that need to be filled. There are also the occasional hitches which slow content progress. More-so I also realize there are plenty of templates that are missing from our Wiki, that people have come to rely on, on other Wiki's.

Still, what scares me the most, are the problems that haven't been noticed yet. Thats why we need outside perspectives on the site. Hopefully you guys will notice plenty of flaws on the site, while you contribute to the site.

The more flaws you find, the better the EncyClanPedia will be.

Comment

I love the way EncyClanPedia is in bold the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooby McMoob View Post
            I love the way EncyClanPedia is in bold the whole time.
            And..?

Comment

Its not all the time . Look foreward to seeing this up and running, maybe have an article there about TGN as a whole , how it came about, etc. :P.

Comment

Good to see you got it running dairuka along with webs.

Comment

I would like to point out that Dairuka hacks the wiki. Somehow.

Behlold also my 1337 Windows Vista image capturing and editing skills.

Comment

I'm impressed Webs.

You're slightly better than half as good as me at Wiki'ing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Dan-
                      The EncyClanPedia is a place where the whole Total Gaming Network community can come together to share the vast wealth of knowledge on any and all things gaming.
                      This is a brilliant idea, we have tons of useful info in various threads across the forums.
                      If it could be made more accessible it would be a great resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                        This is a brilliant idea, we have tons of useful info in various threads across the forums.
                        yeah i am very impressed with this idea

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                          Join the cause, and help out. You've always proven to be very well spoken, so why not use your writing talents for good, instead of evil?

Comment

I don't mind joining. I mean... its writing articles right?

Comment

Right. If you have a clan that you care about, and which youd think people would be interested in, if even to check out what they are doing, what servers they are running ,et cetera, write about them!

Comment

Working...
                              X