server rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server rental

which is the best place to rent a server from. i have one rented from gameservers.com and. its located in dallas which is 150 miles from me and my ping is horrible. 120ms an more some times an this has been this way for a month now. my normal ping was 60s an 70s then this started an they did a box switch in dallas for me. an its worse for all my squad members now.

i need to find a better place i guess cause they dont seem to want to fix the problem. and its not my isp i can connect to other servers and be fine

i3D.net is a global high-performance hosting provider, offering low-latency network & solutions to Game Studios, IT Enterprises & WebRTC industry

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
      Agreed; check your ping to the different cities where they have servers.
      72.233.30.139, 66.135.53.116 --- Texas
      206.196.124.166, 206.196.124.160 --- St. Louis
      76.74.152.30, 76.74.154.152 --- California
      72.9.108.4, 72.9.108.6 --- New York
      64.34.195.51, 64.34.172.102 --- Virginia

(Man, I need to get one of those referral code doojiggers...)

Comment

ok i tried the test servers for dallas and timed out. i like the prices though

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
          Agreed, we havent had a problem with ours since we switched to an my IS server...

If you didnt like their servers there are several good companys

Just DONT get one from awoc, poor quality servers, poor customer support, and you have to phone them if you want to make any changes, ie unrank it for matchs etc....

Comment

i know im getting fed up with gameservers.com thats for sure. someone else has told one other good company . im on one of ther servers now

some reason the test dallas servers for myis timed out

Comment

Those IP's may be old for some reason or another. I passed on that to senior support.

Comment

I've been thinking about opening a US server for our UK clan (expanding our horizons!), and these guys look like just the biz, thanks for the link. Texas one is 48ms average, which is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRebel View Post
                  ok i tried the test servers for dallas and timed out.
                  I was able to ping both of them successfully just now.

Comment

well when i tried to join the servers it timed out i did ping it just now. an it came back at 43 ms so i like that

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez View Post
                      I've been thinking about opening a US server for our UK clan (expanding our horizons!), and these guys look like just the biz, thanks for the link. Texas one is 48ms average, which is excellent.
                      We do also run servers located in London and Amsterdam for flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRebel
                        well when i tried to join the servers it timed out i did ping it just now. an it came back at 43 ms so i like that
                        I could be mistaken, but I don't think those are actual COD4 game servers up and running...just general test servers to see what your ping would be to that location. That could be why you can't actually join them.

Comment

ok well they seem to ping very nice

ok i this is my new server home so just waitin to get all my info. in email so i can get the server set up and all

Comment

We dumped gameservers also because of the poor support and overloaded servers.

Though Ive never tried them myself, I never heard anything bad about MYIS and even tried to get the clan on them a few times.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I just rented a server from MyIS out of LA. I get good pings as do most of my clanmates. I have had no issues and the minor hiccups I had were taken care of in no time at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X