Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do consider to be a good commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
    If you are issuing an order that is relevant to what I am doing, I have no problems... For instance, if the enemy starts capping Toll Station and my squad starts to move at it but don't have time to update the orders, I welcome a commander request. However if the enemy starts capturing Central Camp and it is clear that me and my sqood are still clearing out EU Base you, as the commander, can go to hell.
    Agreed. I'm not going to ask you to cap the EU Base if you just capped the Harbor. But if I see the newly capped Harbor coming under attack, I may issue a defend command.

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
    However whether or not a Squad Leader accepts your orders should NEVER influence if you are going to use your assets or if you aren't. You should ALWAYS use your assets where they are needed most. If you deny a supply drop out of pure spite, you deserve to be removed from office.
    Agreed. I'm just saying that well organized squads, who can accomplish objectives as a team, whether me as Commander issued them or not, are more likely to get my assets when then request them than those who aren't.

Comment

im with fin for the walkers. you cant get out of the problems with a scratch or there arent problems. and most of the time commanders don't give good orders(taking eu base get attack order for harbor as pac). and yes most of the commanders are afk/fighting. but instead of fin said i agree orders if they are good even if the commander isnt.

Comment

One thing I do as commander is dropping supples and UAV on the enemy titan with shields down and our men on it are the priority.

Comment

play rts. that will make you a good commander(or more likelly). ehm keep the walker and choke points supplied. give the guys in enemie terretory intellegence(spot enemies and so not give them more brains) and if needed supplies. use uav on good positions(no use dropping it in a choke point like toll. a bit more to the front so you see the guys who are camping in the back. no need to see the first campers they usually give away their possitions. take out the worst vehicles by emp+orb(or only emp+ titan guns). íf there are no vehicles place a orbital strike just behind the middle of the campers.

Comment

Except that in an RTS your troops do whatever you ask them, without question...

Comment

send in the zerglings!

Comment

Main one for me is that he responds to 'What next, sir?' and doesn't issue stupid orders like capturing the silo at the other side of the map when you're 20ft from an uncapped one.

Best one in recent memory was a player called zett09. Jumped in halfway through a titan round and that bloke was superb. Provided stuff that I asked for (as SL) and gave plenty of heads-up for inbound vehicles. We won quite easily.

I think it's a natural selection process. When players see that there's a good commander in charge, usually the squads behave and react just as well, too.

Comment

Working...
                X