X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G36C. Plus it looks cooler =P

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
      I started with the M4A1, advanced with the G36C, chose AK47 and finally, after every assault rifle had been tried, I chose AK47 and M4A1 and ditched G36C from my menu completely. Being able to call myself an "average" player with 50 hours of experience, going back to M4A1 amused me. Since basically Im back where I started.

Im a dynamic player, I change play style whenever tactical situation changes. As such, I need the rifle that is the best all-around. G36C isnt it.
      They made sure starting players had good rifles to begin with. Personally, I think they overdid it a little...

You can adapt to the constantly changing landscape with a G36 as well, Reddie. You know full well that a Z10 can be as devastating as an AH1Z in skilled hands... this is basically the difference, in BF2 terms.

Surely, you're not comparing these two as if we were talking about F35s and J10s? Or the AH/Z with the MI? That would be overdoing it.

Comment

The Z10 and Cobra comparision would be pretty accurate. Cobra is better, but Z10 can be used just aswell.

The thing is though... Cobra is better, and its just how things are.

Comment

Wow, a lot of comments on these two guns. Its very interesting.

Chris, thank you for providing your link on your topic of the same thing. Sorry I didnt find it, or I would have just posted my question in with your statements.

Everyone has pretty good comments on it thats for sure. Since we only get a handful of slots for kits, I am trying to utilize mine the best and try to make kits for multiple situations. Everything is ironed out except these two guns.

I think it does come down to how well you yourself does with a weapon, so I think I will just drop the G36C from my list. The M4 is so close to the same and I seem to do better with it. To me, it seems more powerful and accurate than the G36. I few quick taps and a person is down, where the G36C seems to take a bit more bursts to do the same thing.

Crunch

I just read the two other posts and agree that its not J10 vs Harrier, but Cobra vs Z10.

I did better with the Z10 myself

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

My kits are ever changing, and im constantly throwing these two around, but i gotta say the M4 wins over most of the time, its just feels better to me.

I was playing a round on Ambush today, and some guy was dominating the server with the G36C with a suppressor, he was taking down P90'ers in CQC with ease. So maybe there is something to that gun you just "get" like i did with the AK47

Comment

Yeah, I only use it suppressed. Recoil and inaccuracy is a little too high for me otherwise. The ironsights arent bad though, not as bad as some.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                The Z10 and Cobra comparision would be pretty accurate. Cobra is better, but Z10 can be used just aswell.

The thing is though... Cobra is better, and its just how things are.
                Cobra is better to some because it has a smaller figure and is more maneuverable... but any smart player could use the Z10 almost equally well. Maneuverability isn't always necessary. You should know that first-hand.

In this case, I will concede that AH is better. It's my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                  Maneuverability isn't always necessary. You should know that first-hand.
                  Playing a game area where maneuverability is "everything"*, I cant really agree. You can play range games with TV choppers, which can equalise the situation when it comes to Havoc vs Cobra, but imagine a game where range play wasnt possible. This is how things fare in BF2 dogfighting. You can utilise element of surprise, but nothing is certain, and a dogfight is a fight between wits, supported by skill, supported by the jet youre flying. In that order.

While I can pwngagamogagaga in the F35B, if the skills are equal and experience is too, the jets do the talking.

Now, transfer the analogy to COD4. M4A1 is better rifle because its certain characteristics are better in areas which are more frequently in use. And while you can do good with the G36C aswell, provided theres equal skill, weapons (and luck) do the talking.

Its a little more complicated in jet dogfighting, hence I cant use your good line and say "Id fly with X, because its my baby."

But Im a trickster, and F18 would be my horse.

Comment

That being said and done, personally, I see no reason for anyone running an assault load out to have any other rifles besides the M16 and Ak47.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1
                      That being said and done, personally, I see no reason for anyone running an assault load out to have any other rifles besides the M16 and Ak47.

The AK I can understand, but the M16 M4 is suppose to be the "cousin" of the M16, at least stated in the Encyclanpediawikiofdoomforcod4.

M16 gets me killed because of the bursting. Center mass a target and they are toast, but take on three+ people and youre lucky to get one of them. Of course, when youre being jumped, pray and spray wins

Crunch

Comment

The M16 is much like the CoD2 bolt action rifles. They require a great deal of precision and strategy, but once you have it down, the one burst (or shot) one kill makes it deadly beyond other weapons. Noobs can get kills with the M16, true, but noobs could kill with the bolt actions too -- they just couldn't do it consistently or well. The M16 is the same way. All it takes is one click over a persons center mass and they're dead. That, and if you click fast enough, it's essentially full auto, which makes its excellent power a major factor in CQC. The M16 is the all around best weapon, IMO. The AK is neck in neck with it though, also IMO. The AK's recoil is jumpy, but it's a fully automatic 2 shot kill from great distances, which gives it great versatility when you control its recoil, though it lacks the precision of the M16, you can spray it and those two shots land a lot more often than not.

Comment

Good point. I made an M16 kit just to try it out and youre right;

1. It is very deadly
                          2. You have to be careful to use it.
                          3. If you click enough it does fire better.

Of course, I cant get used to the constant clicking, so Ive died a lot

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by blank1
                            Thats a bit much, my M14, MP44 can take out M16's and AK's easier imo and saying only use 2 of the guns is a bit far.

Comment

I didn't say that other rifles couldn't kill someone with an M16 or AK47. Every weapon in the game is deadly and useful in its own right. The M16 and Ak47, however, are simply more versatile than their counterparts. The MP44 is an AK47-lite essentially -- same damage, same accuracy, lower cyclic rate. I find its iron sights a bit awkward as well, but that is just my opinion. The M14 is a two-shot kill, even without (and even with) stopping power, and the G3 is a two-shot kill with stopping power as well; but, the G3 has less muzzle rise, and thus, an effectively higher cyclic rate. Still, for either rifle, it takes two clicks to kill someone, and their performance in CQC is hampered because the semi-auto firing is "too" precise.

The M16 and AK47 share the two, respectively, lowest time-to-kill speeds (practically) in their weapon category, and maintain this at ranges greater than the MP5 and Skorpion (discounting single shot kills from sniper rifles, of course), with the M16's one burst kill putting at number one on the list. The M16 and AK47 also share CQC functionality and accurate medium range kill power. At long range, the M16 (from my personal experience, in this case) frequently can win duels with snipers (given they aren't in cover where they see all of you but you see only their head). The AK47 does have more CQC functionality because of the automatic firing, however, the M16 in the hands of someone good with it is still deadly in CQC and its burst firing restriction becomes less of a handicap.

All the weapons are good though. The margin of which I believe the M16 and AK47 are more versatile than the other weapons isn't large. The M4 and G3 are very close contenders, and the M14, MP44, and G36, are still deadly enough to make or break rounds and matches in the right hands, even when against M16's, AK47's, and etc.

Comment

I personally think the M16 is too overpowered, i hate the fact that its practically a one hit kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X