G36C vs M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36C vs M4

So I have been playing for about two weeks with two identical kits to see which assault rifle I like best; G36C or the M4.

Now looking at the charts, it looks like the G36C "should" be more accurate and powerful than the M4. HOWEVER, playing the two kits, it seems the M4 has more stopping power and takes less rounds than the G36C.

Ive played with both with RDS and no gun enhancement perks then I played with both with RDS and perks stopping power and deep impact.

Played them both in HC and standard mode.

M4 seems to win still.

Am I missing something? Anyone else notice this? Is it because of the ROF?

I have not checked any other charts to verify. I wanted to go with the feel of the weapon and how well I did with it.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

I can only use the G36c with Stopping Power, and possibly RDS. That's when I find it easier to use than the M4.

I think it all ends in taste. The G36c tends to be a little bit more accurate than the M4 in long range shooting, and that means a lot to me at times when burst firing.

Comment

Since i mostly play hardcore, i'd take the M4 every time as it has a greater range. Plus, you can learn to be accurate at relatively short ranges, although the G36C is still a nice gun.

Comment

Statistically speaking, they're exactly the same (check it out: http://chkilroy.com/cod4/) except for these notable differences:

- M4 has a lot of RDS/ACOG sway, in comparison with the non-existent sway when using the G36
        - Higher ROF on the M4
        - Less recoil on the M4

I don't see the G36 as an upgrade, but I've been experimenting a little more with it lately (G36/RDS, Bandolier, Stopping, Dead is my main kit) and find it useful while burst firing. I don't fire from the hip unless the enemy is < 15 yards away, so it's usually fine.

I'm interested in seeing what others think about this.

Comment

the higher ROF and accuracy of the M4 mean you just need to shoot a burst at something and odds are youll kill it. the g36 is much better for precision shooting though, i find it infinitely easier to get headshots with the g36 because of the minimal sway.

i like the g36 more for marksman work but the m4 is better suited to moving and shooting.

Comment

I prefer the G36 over the M4. The M4 sways too much and its RoF doesn't fit my play-style.

Only down side to the G36 (IMO) is the bulky sights, which I've been getting used to.

Comment

I've never liked the m4, it seems to weak even with stopping power. I play hardcore only.

I know I can kill someone with the g36c with stopping power in 1 shot (not in the head) by aiming at their torso. I have NEVER been able to do that with the m4, only headshots with the m4 kill with a single shot, and all guns do that in hardcore.

Comment

Well, I've just finished playing a round with two similar kits. One with the M4 and the other with a G36. It's very much the same, but I think I'm going to lean towards the G36 on this one. There's not enough difference in performance for me to prefer a swaying red dot...

Comment

Thats strange, I havent noticed a swaying dot. I will have to check that out.

EDIT: I checked them both out and both sway, but the G36 is a bit slower in its sway pattern. The M4 has a faster movement.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The G36 is bad and wrong. Badwrong. Bdong. Same damage, same range, same magazine size. M4 has no recoil and higher ROF.

Comment

I use the M4 silenced and the G36C with the ACOG.

Comment

IMO the G36C pauses before it shoots, it doesnt feel as though the instant you click it fires, i feel for a few milliseconds it pauses then fires, and thats what usually kills me with the gun.

Comment

Double tap with the g36 fires faster than a m4 with doubletap,at least to me.

Comment

The M4 is better for regular game modes but the G36 pwns at hardcore

Comment

ugh NATO guns...But if I had to choose Id find the good ol M4 more versatile and easier to handle than the G36c. The G also doesnt seem to stop rampaging p 90 dudes as well as the M4 does.

Comment

Working...
                              X