X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR is so awesome that my PC can't handle it =D

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
      I actually didnt like PR first time i tried it. Didnt read the manual, had no dea WTF i was doing, and i got owned pretty hard. Alot of features seemed unessessary at the time, just like the need to request a pilot kit to fly stuff, the warmup time on chopters, the fact that you had to be close to flags to request a kit etc. But after reading the manual and playing PR with a couple of good squads things started to make sence
      Agreed, I was being constantly owned because I wasnt used to the recoil and the teamwork lol

Comment

I play video games to have fun. Running across large expanses with zero action is not fun. Being a regular footsoldier and being unable to drive a truck is not fun.

I finally gave PR a try 2 days ago. No matter what spawn I picked, I always spawned at the uncap. Pretty sweet when you can't drive and you have to run for 15 minutes to get somewhere.

I played on 5 different servers for about 10 minutes each without seeing one enemy. Once I died for going out of bounds when I didn't go out of bounds.

I finally got to a server where there was "combat" (took me and a squad 5 minutes of driving and 5 minutes of running to get to a god damn flag) and guess what? When we get there no bullets fired, nade spam. Standing on opposite sides of a wall chucking grenades. That's exciting.

After an hour of playing, seeing 3 enemies, and spending the rest of the time running very slowly all by myself, I deemed this is probably the worst mod for BF2. DCon >>>>>> PR

Comment

PR is as realistic as the BF2 engine will allow. full stop. all this **** saying PR isnt realistic , we know !!! no game will ever be !!! its realistic in certain areas it promotes teamwork, a good team will win.

walking for hrs ??? lol ever heard of a firebase, rally point, bunker, heli, jeep.....

at times i find PR boring, but thats because my squad, for what ever reason, isnt working well and the game punishes you for that. when im in a good squad though its more exciting that bf2 will ever be.

it depend what ppl find exciting, i find working as a team exciting, if im defending a flag or capping a flag with no enemy's about but my squad is working well, that's exciting. if im flying the LB around, get 0 kills the hole round but help my teams, that's exciting.

each to there own, don't like it, don't play it, but for god sake... stop crying about it.

Comment

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner
            I play video games to have fun. Running across large expanses with zero action is not fun. Being a regular footsoldier and being unable to drive a truck is not fun.

I finally gave PR a try 2 days ago. No matter what spawn I picked, I always spawned at the uncap. Pretty sweet when you can't drive and you have to run for 15 minutes to get somewhere.

I played on 5 different servers for about 10 minutes each without seeing one enemy. Once I died for going out of bounds when I didn't go out of bounds.

I finally got to a server where there was combat and guess what? No bullets fired, nade spam.

After an hour of playing, seeing 3 enemies, and spending the rest of the time running very slowly all by myself, I deemed this is probably the worst mod for BF2. DCon >>>>>> PR
            Quoted for the eternal truth. PR people go to your respective forum sections and stay there, this is BF2 section.

Comment

Crewman can drive a tank and have a gun... you can still drive HMMVWS and vodniks you know ^^

What you were probably clicking were Rally Points, probably another squad's rally point, if you noticed the numbers by the spawn marker, you would have to spawn on your squads rally point, if they made one

o.O

I finally got to a server where there was combat and guess what? No bullets fired, nade spam.
              Battlarena 24/7 Al Basrah, action packed, once the insurgents take the VCP or they started attacking and ambushing convoys and the VCP, the game gets awesome

You probably saw more, camoflauge anyone? Anyways, WHAT map were you playing, i mean, 3? No, please Basrah before you judge PR.

Comment

every heard of firebase ? bunker ? RP ?

u where spawning at friendly squads RP's, unlike u they work as a squad and get rewarded for it. a spawn point. thats what the mod dose, reward teamwork.

hmmm, certain places have a "dome of death" around them the only 1 can think of is al basrah airport. insurgents cant get in

every heard of a squad ? comeon u have these in vbf2, i know ppl dont use em but still.
                answers in bold and read this;

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post
                PR is as realistic as the BF2 engine will allow. full stop. all this **** saying PR isnt realistic , we know !!! no game will ever be !!! its realistic in certain areas it promotes teamwork, a good team will win.

walking for hrs ??? lol ever heard of a firebase, rally point, bunker, heli, jeep.....

at times i find PR boring, but thats because my squad, for what ever reason, isnt working well and the game punishes you for that. when im in a good squad though its more exciting that bf2 will ever be.

it depend what ppl find exciting, i find working as a team exciting, if im defending a flag or capping a flag with no enemy's about but my squad is working well, that's exciting. if im flying the LB around, get 0 kills the hole round but help my teams, that's exciting.

each to there own, don't like it, don't play it, but for god sake... stop crying about it.
                and remember, i play PR and love it, but its NOT realistic, but its MORE realistic that other mods and vbf2.

also dont join "Battlarena 24/7 Al Basrah" it SUCKS , join tactical gamer, thors brigade, .:iGi:. for the best servers and join a squad with a RP and that is called "VOIP" or "TEAMWORK"

and i admit , there are players (not naming names) who think there god gift to BF2 because they play PR and that makes them uber 1337 realistic soldiers, which sucks because it puts PR community to shame.

Comment

Ever heard of jeeps or transport chopters? Or firebases/rallypoints?

Hoho... The manual is there for a reason. (Hint, you cant spawn on other squads rally points)

You probably went to close to the other teams uncap then

I finally got to a server where there was "combat" (took me and a squad 5 minutes of driving and 5 minutes of running to get to a god damn flag) and guess what? When we get there no bullets fired, nade spam. Standing on opposite sides of a wall chucking grenades. That's exciting.

Lol, what can i say, nadespam is effective when capping flags

If you end up running very slowly all by yourself, then something is wrong with your squad/team.
                  Anyways, each to his own. IMO, PR is what vBF2 should have been in the first place

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post

also dont join "Battlarena 24/7 Al Basrah" it SUCKS , join tactical gamer, thors brigade, .:iGi:. for the best servers and join a squad with a RP and that is called "VOIP" or "TEAMWORK"
                  There is only one server out there and its called "Tactics & Teamwork" iGi is also good tho. I personally dont like the tactical gamer server, they have some "interesting" rules there

Comment

I'm just going to lock this now...

Comment

Working...
                    X