X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Loves PR

Why?

Everyone says go with PR, PR is so boring its untrue, six hours to run across the mountain watching the scenery wip by, then you get to a flag and you cant even capture it without another 3 or so people which is impossible on a map of that size and the fact people just like to do there own thing anyway.

The Kits jeesum crow, the kits blow, since when in real life did you see a soldier radio in a sniper kit. "Commander: Yes i'll just fly your rifle over now with my teleporter" what lol, that aint reality its farfetched.

and not being able to drive unless you are a certain kit.... yes it keeps the noob factor down but its not reality...

Project Reality the Un-Realistic game..

I played early versions of PR and it was good a great game, now its been over-complicated and takes to much time when all you want to do is play the game.

PR Team the old saying "less is more" take heed.

And we begin the BloodHound bashing. Please lets keep it from being personal, this is just good business.

Originally posted by BloodHound View Post
    Why?

Everyone says go with PR, PR is so boring its untrue, six hours to run across the mountain watching the scenery wip by, then you get to a flag and you cant even capture it without another 3 or so people which is impossible on a map of that size and the fact people just like to do there own thing anyway.

The Kits jeesum crow, the kits blow, since when in real life did you see a soldier radio in a sniper kit. "Commander: Yes i'll just fly your rifle over now with my teleporter" what lol, that aint reality its farfetched.

and not being able to drive unless you are a certain kit.... yes it keeps the noob factor down but its not reality...

I played early versions of PR and it was good a great game, now its been over-complicated and takes to much time when all you want to do is play the game.

And we begin the BloodHound bashing. Please lets keep it from being personal, this is just good business.
    Just dont play it, i dont know better FPS tactical game,... The PR mod is one of the best and has a stable community of players instead of others mods...

Comment

Originally posted by CzC kvetoSK_666 View Post
      Just dont play it, i dont know better FPS tactical game,... The PR mod is one of the best and has a stable community of players instead of others mods...
      I mean no dis-respect to players that do play PR, its just my personal opinion. Alot of people do say PR is one of the best around but i just don't see it, TBH all of the mods people have boasted about i haven't seen this great out of this world gameplay, i have however seen the time and effort put into the mods which yes i admire the efforts of the teams. But for PR its just to much now.

Comment

For once I completely agree with you bloodhound, PR is not good in any way, and absolutely not realistic.

Comment

Why?

You only need two ppl to take a flag, but you have to cap flags in a spesific order.

Huh...?

More realistic than to have a sniper to drive a tank. You wanna drive a tank, get a gunner, get the crewman kit, and woohoo, your good to go. How hard is that?

More realistic than BF2

Keeps the noob factor low

What..?

Originally posted by [R-DEV
          Jaymz;1842732]
          There, go ahead and debate it all you want but those are the facts/my opinion (if that makes any sense). On a little side note, this is one argurment that really pisses me off to no extent:

"you've taken the fun out of the game to make it more realistic, if it was realistic you wouldn't respawn on a rallypoint or drive a tank without training, it's still a game and should be fun"

The twats that write that stuff need to realise that they are ranting on about absolute realism. Which has nothing to do with the relative/teamwork orientated realism that Project Reality is about (something that [R-Dev]eggman thought me about). It's suppose to be something different, a military game that has a pace to it for once, where teamwork reigns over spawning every ten seconds to "own teh n00bs". Might be their idea of "fun", but definitely not mine.

I really think I speak for the majority of this community when I say "you embarrass yourself".

all the best, Jaymz
          Cheers

Comment

You definitely should not play PR, it's not for you. This mod requires a person to take the time to learn how to play it, and especially to play as part of a team.

Comment

^^Amen

Comment

Why?
                Not everyone loves PR, just the ppl who do love it too much

well in vbf2, everyone dose there own thing yes, but in PR, you need to play as a squad, as a team, or be shot and killed without archiving anything like your example above. If you worked as a team with some ppl, you might have noticed a transport chopper, or a truck that could first give you a lift to the front line, cutting down your jorney by afew hrs, then when you got to the flag, your squad could cap it

it is there to represent you being issued with a kit before the battle. You are trying to compare the features that we have to absolute realism, which is really not possible. Can you think of a more realistic method that would have the same advantages of the kit req system that is also possible to do with the BF2 engine?

When was the last time you saw a sniper fly a Jet or drive a tank? Do pilots fly Jets in real life? yes they do, do they in PR? yes they do, hence why you need to request a pilot kit to fly a jet, makes sense dont it?

Would you say that vBF2 was more realistic?

dunno where you got the "less is more" quote from, I've been playing PR since v0.2 and not seen it.

Comment

Yea, i find it pretty boring when I played it, but then again there are people who enjoy it, and i respect the work that's gone into it.

I quite like being a lone wolf and doing my own thing rather than squad work (unless it's IO Karky, squad work rocks on those maps). so, obviously, it's not to my taste

Comment

Rhino i am sorry if i have offended you in anyway. I think what you guys do is awsome, i couldn't do what you guys do, its pure talent.

I think the system you have in place at the moment works in very small doses.

If you wanted a pilot to fly the plane fair enough, but put it on the kit selection grid instead of having to order the kit all the time. Yes ordering the kit keeps the noob factor and spamming factor down, i fully understand that, but FH2 limit certain kits, im sure theres a way you can do that. And the fact you have to have 3 or more people in your squad to do so is unreasonable. There arnt enough people playing to be able to do that all the time.

The ammount of kits you have on offer exceeds the gamers needs. BF2 hit the nail on the head, 7 kits pretty much covers it all. Anti tank you can mix in with engineer to open a slot for pilot. Mix Assault with Spec ops, opens up another slot for something else. Hell mix Engineer, Anti Tank And support, open 2 slots at once.

Maybe my take on what PR was supposed to be about is wrong, i was under the impression that PR was about realism, the real to life experience. Which clearly isnt what its about. It is based on squad play. For those few that play squad play PR is perfect but the majority of players, VBF2 & PR still go do there own thing.

Comment

If you want infantry focused action, you should try to play Al-Basrah, Assault on Mestia, Hills of Hamgyong, or Sunset City. There's a server playing Al-Basrah 24/7, and that map is better than any of the urban maps present in vBF2, and for the most part, it's not full, at least when I try to play it.

Also, you can avoid playing the big maps unless it's a full server, this way you'll find more opportunities to engage with enemies, and also more teammates to squad-up with, and people to give you rides, or to pick you up, etc.

It's really not that difficult to have a good gaming experience with PR, you just need to adjust to it.

Comment

sounds like test drive unlimited which is actually limited coz all the buildings and cool areas are blocked by ramps

Comment

I truly think, PR killed off the vBF2 players. They installed PR, hated it. and never went back to vBF2. I have no respect for the Creators / Players of PR. Cuz all they do is brag and brag and brag some more. 15mins for a jet? WTF.. Lets run across the map, get killed and then get killed by a n00b that dont know PR!! yea!!..no

Waaha_ah here, said one time... That PR ROCKS BF2 SUX!! My comment: Without BF2, there would be no PR you dipstick.

Comment

Well, some people just love tactical missions, driving in convoys while your teams a-10 or apache flies overhead, or piloting a scout helicopter while your apache gives you CAS.

I once got into a convoy in vBF2 and was carpet bombed by a Su34 in a matter of seconds thanks to the unrealistic reloading of bombs and bullets in vBF2, I mean, since when has a bomber been able to fly over a airstrip and magically repair itself, while getting 4?6? bombs and 400 bullets all within 4 seconds? In PR you must land, I can't tell you how I like saying, "CLEAR THE AIRSTRIP FOR ****S SAKE" because of that damn F-16 thats idling in the middle of the airstrip.

Its just fun for some, and not for others.

Comment

Since when was BF2 a realistic shooter? The comparision holds no weight. BF2 in theory is all about all-around warfare in a rock-paper-scissor type of balance system.

Anyway. Theres nothing wrong with PR, nothing wrong with its Devs, nothing wrong with its players, so this thread as a whole fails.

As for realism and reality, I prefer my realism sims fun, which is why close quarters combat FPS games in realism settings are just so much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X